• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do u keep ur eyes open at the dentist ?

eyes open or shut?

• eyes open

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • eyes closed

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • eyes open and closed

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • i don't go to the dentist

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

mogyay

✨night night✨
Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Zipper Sakura
My Melody Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
when you're in the chair of course !!!!

i always feel awkward having my eyes closed as sometimes they will say something, i also feel vulnerable with someones hands in my mouth so id like to be fully present in the moment ya know

at the same time tho i feel its awkward to have ur eyes open at such a time, i try to avoid their eyes but sometimes its hard

whats ur thoughts??

i close them bc i dont wanna look at my dentist while they're up in my mouth ravaging my gums or whatever

if i'm feeling extra delusional ✨ i can pretend it's like getting a spa treatment on my teeth (doesn't work when getting a cavity filled LOL)

I keep my eyes closed while they’re doing stuff with my mouth, I feel like that’s less awkward, plus their light shines in my eyes anyway

The dentist is the worst so I just keep my eyes closed. They gotta get close to your face and I don't wanna make eye contact

Reactions: Doo
You can keep them closed?

The last time I went to the dentist in May due to my teeth being knocked out by me accidentally falling, I had them open the whole time. I had to get a pain medicine in my gums, but I stood still the whole time.

Dentists are complete and utter hell. I hate doctor machinery and psychical stimulation. Too many negative experiences.

I've never thought to close my eyes. I don't think it would stop me from panicking.

• Hug
I keep my eyes open and tried not to fix the lamp or start daydreaming. Which is super hard. Once I started imagining a story and suddenly bursted into laughter with the mouth open. Embarrassing.

I keep mine open. I guess it's a habit because I had dental anxiety when I was younger. My dentist is located in a skyscraper, and they positioned the chairs to be facing the windows with views of the city and the bridge, which I always found pretty cool. When I'm lying down, my eyes wander to the window and I look at the sky. I couldn't possibly look at my dentist the entire time. 😅

I have my eyes open so I know when to open my mouth or close it to give it a break. I tend to just stare at the ceiling.

I keep them open and usually just stare at the ceiling. the eyewear thing my dentist gives make it less awkward and makes the light less blinding

I tend to keep my eyes closed while the dentist or hygienist are doing their work. I might open them periodically, especially if there's a break from the work, but otherwise I feel like it would be awkward to keep my eyes open the whole time.

i keep my eyes open. i think i would feel awkward closing my eyes with my mouth open and also risk falling asleep. thankfully my dentist has a painting up on the wall so i usually stare at that the entire time

i went just this year and yet i can't remember asdfghdfgh. i'm pretty sure i just keep them open and stare at a spot on the ceiling? the only time i close them is if i'm getting a filling and they have to inject me because i hate needles, and the feeling of numbness, too, and i find it easier to not think about it all if i keep them closed, for some reason.

I keep my eyes opened mostly, but no eye contact because it gets awkward unless they are talking to me lol. But I hate the dentist! I don’t like people so close to my face, it makes me anxious. I do close my eyes if they have to do anything with needles though, I don’t like seeing the needle or the feeling of it going into my gums. I also close them when they use the sprayer, not trying to get any of that in my eyeballs. I wish I could just keep my eyes closed through it all though, but I’d feel like I was being rude or something.

i keep them open but im looking somewhere else cuz it feels awkward to stare directly at them. sometimes i close them though

I keep my eyes closed for the most part because if I were a dentist I wouldn’t want people staring at me. Plus when I’m on laughing gas, I’d rather not be more grounded. Let me float in space while I go numb~☆*:.。.

I love watching at the dentist. Well, I'm a medical professional who also does things in the mouth, but I don't know much about teeth. So I love watching like the reflection of my mouth on the loupes (magnifying glasses) of my hygienist so I can follow along with exactly what they're doing:)

I don't envy dentists though, they have to keep a conversation going with someone who can't really talk back at them....well, maybe that's some of the appeal to them, they have a captive audience haha

Back