• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Digital or physical games?

Do you buy your games...

• Digitally

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Physical

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters
Lately I've been getting digital copies, but I used to only play physical copies when I owned a 3ds and switch.

I used to be strictly physical games but then I realized they'd end up taking up so much space if I got all the games I wanted and I don't want clutter so I switched to mostly digital and some physical (I get physical for special ones that mean a lot to me like Pokemon, or Animal Crossing, etc)

I’ll buy physical copies whenever I can. I would probably cry if I had all of my games in digital format and something happened and I lost them all. Plus, it feels more like when I was little and would wait to get my copy of a game. I will say, I envy people playing games like, THE MINUTE of release, but at least with pre-orders, I’m usually still playing my physical copy on release day for new titles.

As for buying physical or digital games, It depends on the availability and accessibility of the game copy. I mostly buy physical with the exception of the digital download-only games which there were no physical copy versions of the said game (indie games, smaller games, etc.)

One exception is ACNH which I buy digitally back in 2020. But the rest of the titles are mostly physical copies of games when it comes to major video game titles.

For most games I have the physical copy, especially if it’s in a series I have a lot of games from - mainly Mario and Pokemon. Every now and then I do grab the digital versions instead so that if I’m travelling I don’t necessarily have to take any games with me other then the one already in the console and then also have digital ones available.

I have a decent amount of both, but the way I see it is if I really like a game I'll get it physical for the experience and value. Otherwise I'll keep it digitally for the convenience. Physical is definetely becoming less common though which is not a good sign at all.

I have dabbled in Digital Games but I prefer Physical. I love having all of my games displayed in a small bookshelf but mainly because the boxart is so pretty! Plus I love putting in the little cartrdiges and discs. Its more of an experience like how I prefer reading a real book rather than e-books which have become hugely popular in recent years. I think digital is much more convenient though! I like a nice mix depending on which games I am purchasing 🐸🌠🍓💚

The only digital games I’ve ever bought are Minecraft on Switch and Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle. On 3DS all of my games were physical because my dad didn’t want to create an account because of something about it being too easy for someone to hack it. It’s too late for that now anyway. On Switch he did set up an account but I still mostly opt for physical. It’s much easier to transfer them if you’re swapping devices. It’s also better if you hate yourself and want to lick a Switch cartridge.

I much prefer physical games, because I like having an actual item in my hands after spending 60 bucks on it. That being said, all except one of my switch games are digital - because I live rural and don't wanna travel to town to buy one game or get it delivered. My old consoles all have physical games though and I regret not having gotten physical switch games.

Depends, pc I buy digitally. Consoles I like to have physical copies so people can borrow games if they want to, me and my brother like to lend each other games :)

I actually hate the idea of having a game only in digital version. I always feel like I can lose it if my console dies or so.. and in any case, I love displaying my games. :)

Most of the time try to go physical, digital not so much and usually its because there's no other option to play that game 😔

I typically get physical copies but lately, I’ve been getting some digitals!

physical games all the way! i like building up my collection, organizing and displaying the games i have. switch games don't usually come with a manual anymore, but i used to love looking through manuals and the game art in them. i like having a physical copy on hand, especially if i'm going to have to spend the same amount for a digital copy anyways!

In theory physical is a better idea all around, but lately I've been buying digital since I'm not a fan of clutter.

Last edited:
Back