• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Create a Fakémon [Pokémon Week]

b7XU9xf.png

A sleepy little bug!!
I actually only opened the forums yesterday by chance since I started playing a bit of ACNL again, but this event looks pretty fun, so I quickly made something that is more of a concept than a finalized fakemon... also taken from an old idea. (also got kind of shaky hands right now..)

Pok?mon Name: Loapy from "loaren" meaning sleep and "Lepidoptera" meaning moth... also, its loafing around. :confused: No names for the evolutions as of now.
Types: Bug/Ghost (Perhaps also Psychic or Fairy as a second type, depending on balance)
Ability: 1st evo.: Hitting it has a small chance to make you fall asleep.
2nd evo: After 4 turns, you will gain the "yawn" effect.
3rd evo: After 4 turns, you will fall asleep. (Maybe OP: In addition to the 5-turn sleep, a one-time speed decrease, like Intimidate, with a text like "The sleeping powder starts taking effect..")
Region: It's similar to Munna, and design-wise, it reminds me of some Gen5s so perhaps Unova. Maybe also Sun/Moon with being a kind of exotic ("poisonous") bug and the Night/Day theme..? I haven't played S/M so I can't really say...
Based on: a moth.. in a blanket.
Description: In the first evolution, it can crawl, in the second one, it completely wraps itself up in the blanket (cocoon!) and can walk slowly, and in the third one, the blanket becomes its wings, but it can still walk. The "blanket" is a part of its body, it cannot be taken off!!

From the second evolution onward, it emits sleeping powder passively. The powder glows so that you might be attracted to it. This is how ...Loapy...? makes its prey/hunters fall asleep! It can't "turn" the powder off, which is a little difficult for trainers, but if you spend enough time with it, you will get used to the effect.

(Actually, is there anything in pok?mon lore about whether sleeping powder affects humans in the first place? oh man, I don't know..)

About its stats and moveset, I would like it to be viable. It has a strong ability - the amount of turns should still be tweaked - that will prevent its opponent from staying too long and stacking up. It can get mean look through breeding. The stats, overall, will be pretty average, and rather evenly spread out. Speed very low in the first 2 evs. It should be good enough to function as kind of a sweeper in story play, but its strong points are the moveset and ability. Of course, listing everything would be a bit too much detail.

Also, the first ev. should probably be kind of a worm, with no limbs. But I also kind of like it that it looks more or less the same throughout its evolutions, its often kind of disappointing if the first evolution looks really nice but you can only have it for the first ~10 levels. Also, since it's one of these 3-step bug pokemon, it evolves through levels and at a very short distance (a levelup every ~10 levels).

There's already enough text, so that's it!

Last edited:
Pok?mon Name: Galaxus
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Dragon/Ice
Ability: Pure Power, Healer
Region: Alola
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Dragon
Description: Galaxus was born out of a fallen star crashing to the Alola region thousands of years ago, and has been wandering the universe since then looking for its home. Its scales are deep blue, covered in a light layer of frost, and its wings are littered with glittering constellations and stars. Galaxus is very compassionate and cares deeply for all beings, especially those as lonely as it - it rarely reveals itself to humans, but when it does, it's usually to the most lost trainers in greatest need of help.

Gp4MKZW.jpg

everyone here is such a talented artist and i'm not BUT i used glitter!!!!

Pok?mon Name: Hoshi
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Fairy/Psychic
Ability: hypnotic & mesmerizes opponents
Region: Kalos
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Wolf/Fox
Description:
Hoshi's features colours of mainly blue, purple, white and gold. Hoshi's usually have galaxy-like detailing on their ears, collar, feet and tail. They often have shiny, translucent, gold wings. They are a rather shy species, with the ability to blend into nighttime scenery, apart from the star on their forehead which glows. The glowing star can look a bit spooky in the dark, which warns off other enemies and can protect their trainer during the night. Although, don't by fooled by their peculiar looks or shyness, they can be fierce if need be.

NOj7N69.jpg

Pok?mon Name: Elpoca (Ell-po-cah, like ?poca from Spanish, meaning time/season/era)

Type: Grass/Fairy (fall) | Grass/Ice (winter) | Grass (spring) | Grass/Water (summer)

Ability: Ambiance | changes form & typing depending on the season

Region: Unova (because that's the only region with seasons asdnkjf)

Based on: Alpaca

Description: This Pok?mon is very well aware of its surroundings. It has a sweet nature and tends to harvest for every upcoming season. No matter the season, its fur will remain white. Fall is its original form & carries small mushrooms on its neck; its mane is surrounded by leaves. By winter, those leaves turn to purple and its head and neck carry ice crystals; it tends to dislike this season because of plant life dying. In spring, its mane transforms into heart petals and its neck carries flowers to attract mates. By summer, the petals turn into seaweed and its neck turns into coral, while its head carries water petals.

In ancient times, this Pok?mon was worshiped; it was said to bring good luck for harvests. Its bright colors indicate good health.

VRW91NU.png

one day i'll do a nicer drawing of it ;o;

Pok?mon Name: Venest (venom and egg)
Types: Grass/Poison
Ability: Poison Powder, Mega Drain
Region: Kanto
Based on: An amphibian with a nest on its head
Description: A small creature who carries around a large nest of eggs on her heads, surprisingly not her offspring, but rather to store her copious amounts of poison. She has bright purple lips which she spits her poison powder from, critically affecting other Pokemon. She is very protective of her eggs and goes out of her way to defend them from other Pokemon, even though the eggs aren't her children. She loves rolling around in wet grass on rainy days even though she hates water. It is rumoured her eggs will eventually hatch one day, but no one has proven it.

Last edited:
Pok?mon Name: Geist
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Ghost
Ability: Levitate
Region: Johto
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): skeleton
Description: Geist is quiet and shy, but can disappear & teleport making him impossible to attack. He also has a secret move that cause paralysis.

de1erl.jpg

Pok?mon Name:Statikat

Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Electric

Ability:
Existing ability: Static
Fakemon ability: Recharge- ability to restore the PP of electric type moves when battling another electric type Pok?mon

Region: Johto

Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Cat

Description: Statikat are cat-like Pok?mon most commonly found in urban areas. Their whiskers are actually whip-like appendages with sharp barbs on the end. They are green and yellow with the green coming from the consumption of their favorite treat, copper. Male Statikat have red eyes while female Statikat have blue eyes. Statikat always have an electric glow surrounding them. Despite their appearance, Statikat are amicable and fluffy, shocking! If caught, Statikat form life-long bonds with their trainers! However, trainers soon learn that it's best to remove all carpet from their home before housing one of these mischievous creatures. Statikat evolves into Whisklash (not pictured) starting at level 25.

Statikat attract their prey using their glowing fur and mesmerizing eyes. Once the prey is within range, Statikat will grab the victim with its whiskers, inserts its barbs, and proceed to drain the victim of energy. The energy not only restores Statikat's HP, but the PP of electric type moves as well (if the victim is a fellow electric type). Contact with Statikat can result in paralysis.

Fun fact: The glow of a Statikat indicates both its health and its mood. Not to mention, it's a great source of power during blackouts!

CmomSOi.jpg

Last edited:
Pokemon name: Drexagon
Types: Dragon, ground, fire
Ability: Ground Eruption (An earthquake-like move that erupts lava from the earth, which brings opposing pokemons' health bar down to 0)
Region: Cave of Origin
Based: T-rex, dragon, eagle
Description: A very powerful dinosaur that can burn pokemon half to death. It prefers to remain on ground in hot areas reaching 2,200 degrees. Drexagon's bellow consists of a T-rex roar and an eagle screech. It can reach a height of 9.7 feet tall and weighs a whopping 970 lbs. It is a no friendly pokemon, It'll kill any other pokemon that'll come near it or its habitat. Drexagon's fire marking on his abdomen glows an intense orange when he breathes fire. Its hair floats consistently, and burns brighter when it breathes fire as well.
I know its not so great but here it is
guys should I upload a bigger image of this drawing?

Last edited:
This is GREAT! There's isn't any friendly-looking snakes in Pokemon. Since Charmoral is a fairy-type I wish it was a nice Pokemon...

I envisioned it as quite a friendly Pokemon, just like many fairy typed ones out there. It's just cursed with being a small, intimate, yet deadly snake at the same time, which makes for cautious relationships from everyone... Which makes me feelz. ;_;

Pok?mon Name: Tymphion
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Normal, Dragon
Ability: Intimidate
Region: Unova
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Bearded Dragon
Description: Tymphion and its kin, after being wiped to near extinction need to stick together and watch for larger predators and poachers alike.

Drawing:

OYnZHTn.png

Last edited:
Pok?mon Name: shiftail
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): psychic
Ability: portal
Region: hoenn
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): cat
Description: shiftail is a mischievous psychic who can create portals on himself and others without harming the split recipient. he will normally split himself and attack with his tail.

rsz_shiftail2.jpg

Pok?mon Name: Chinshin
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Dark. Normal
Ability: Pure Power
Region: Hoenn
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Chinchilla
Description: Chinshins like to be in herds. They have beady eyes and no mouths. No one knows how they breathe. They are fat and sturdy. Not very fast. They have extremely sharp teeth. They wear black capes. They usually stand on their hind legs and waddle around. They are quite rare. They live on the mountains usually in caves or under rocks. They are the size of like. A toddler.
CHINSHIN.jpg

Last edited:
Zz7Trpk.jpg

Pok?mon Name: Grasopy
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Grass
Ability: Bloom
Region: Kanto
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): Cat and Bear
Description: Grasopy lives in the Viridian Forest. It is very shy and likes to hide deep within the woodwork and greenery. This grass pokemon loves all flowers and plants and it is often seen spreading seeds.
Sometimes the bug pokemon mistake it as a plant and try to nibble its grassy parts.

Last edited:
Pok?mon Name: Snowdem (Puppy Pokemon)
Types: Normal/Ice
Ability:Pickup, Unburden, Thick Fat(Hidden Ability)
Region: Unova, Kalos, Sinnoh
Based on: my dog
Description: (Sorry, I don't know how to write a good description...)
This powderpuff is rarely seen in Battle and is more of a contest Pokemon. Loves the snow but isn't found in extremely cold areas.
Other: Can be groomed like Furfrou, Evolves from "Demtu" with high friendship, Tackle/Growl/Hyper Fang/Ice Ball are some of the moves Snowdem can learn
TyOhJmE.png
In the second pic there's a plate of poffins and he's wearing a Red Scarf. I got this Fakemon idea the same day the Pokemon Week was announced. (Nov 16.) Cuz I made a snow dog on my porch that same day

Pok?mon Name: Shoktopus
Category: Hazard Pok?mon
Types: Electric/Fire
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Infiltrator
Region: Alola (invasive in many other regions)
Based on: Octopus, Electrical hazards

Description: Shoktopus, the Hazard Pok?mon, inhabits urban areas where it feeds off of electricity. It is a relatively new Pok?mon, evolving with the advent of human generated electricity. Its teeth are specialized to fit into power outlets. The shape of these teeth vary depending on a region's outlet type. Shoktopus has very low HP and defenses, though this is rarely an issue due to its spectacular stealth. It is well adapted to human settlements, able to access almost any part of a house. Some have even been known to find their way inside electrical appliances, destroying them in the process. They come out at night to plug their teeth into power outlets, and will flee at the slightest sign of human activity. If it ever comes into direct contact with a human, it will disorient them with Thunder Wave before fleeing.

Shoktopus is considered a menace by most humans, costing millions of dollars in wasted electricity. Though an individual Shoktopus does not consume much power, they have the potential to quickly multiply, producing a noticeable increase in electricity bills. Generally, once you actually notice a Shoktopus inside your house, there is already a large population hiding in a quiet area. Occasionally a Shoktopus can become stuck on a power outlet and become unable to break free, causing a buildup of electricity inside the Pok?mon. It then radiates this excess power in the form of heat. As a result of this, Shoktopus are one of the leading causes of house fires. In areas particularly infested with this Pok?mon, Marshstomp and Swampert will often outnumber human firefighters as they resist most of Shoktopus's attacks.

Despite their negative reputation, Shoktopus is fairly popular as a pet, being very intelligent and low maintenance. This does not help with combating infestations as owners release their pet's offspring into the wild. As a result, some municipal governments have proposed banning ownership of this Pok?mon, though this is likely impossible because it would restrict trainers of this Pok?mon from competing in league battles. Competitively, it does not see a lot of use, with most Shoktopus trainers having originally purchased it as a pet. In battle, it relies on its evasion and status moves, being unable to 1-shot most Pok?mon. It would probably be low tier, though could see a small niche in higher tiers.

Shoktopus.jpg

This specimen has recently lost some limbs escaping from a predator, likely some sort of ground-type. Don't worry, they will grow back in no time. Some of its suction cups resemble power outlets, allowing its young to safely consume electricity.

I really hope this drawing is accepted because it's probably the best I can actually do. I'm a worldbuilder, not a visual artist.

Last edited:
Pok?mon Name: Ruffmon
Types (Fighting, Fire/Psychic, etc): Normal
Ability: Purrsuasion. Copies the type of the first attack used by opponent. (Example: if you use thundershock on them they turn into an electric type)
Region: Kalos
Based on (cat, mouse, candle, etc): fox
Description: Ruffmon have very messy fur because they burrow underground hoping to surprise their opponent. Although they are very brave and tough, they travel in twos so they don't feel lonely and are always excited for battle!

My drawing:

2pOT0JM.jpg

Back