• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

Went once. My internet sucks so I cut off every 2 minutes. I feel bad for ruining that person's experience there :c

I'm currently in the middle of a horrid experience. There's this Japanese girl who kept scaring away the fish I was trying to catch then when I was done she trapped me by starting up a tour and not sitting down. Luckily I tricked her into sitting down and I just eacaped. (I'm sorry if this thread is old)

Be careful of people who trap you in by starting a tour and not sitting down. Save before you go on island haha. (actually, reading now, UchiDude had that happen woops)

My first (and last so far) experience was landing in the island of a pretty decked out girl, crown and cute QR fashion and whatnot. She was unresponsive, so I just sort of dwadled around and left after buying a wave breaker. I`m pretty sure some people just leave their island up for those who are hopping to buy a certain item, but they could just be afk 8`D

And keep in mind some of these people are really little kids! Super tiny + foreign makes for pretty bad communication.

I've only gone once and I was nervous because random strangers and such but I ended up on a nice girl's island. I just wanted to hunt for bugs and kept not noticing them before her. I think she realized and pointed one out for me to get and I missed and felt lame. We talked for a bit but I had to go so we didn't do much but it was a nice experience, nothing bad happened c=

You know what really stings?

When you're Japanese, but your parental situation forces you to live in america, and you can't have a Japanese copy of animal crossing, so every time you go on club tortimer, it's like a nightmare.

THAT'S what the problem is here.

/still bitter

You know what really stings?

When you're Japanese, but your parental situation forces you to live in america, and you can't have a Japanese copy of animal crossing, so every time you go on club tortimer, it's like a nightmare.

THAT'S what the problem is here.

/still bitter

Why can't you have a Japanese copy?

Because you need to go to Japan to get a Japanese 3ds and you need a Japanese copy of animal crossing to go with it, plus I don't think DLC from there can be gotten here although that can be wrong.

Because you need to go to Japan to get a Japanese 3ds and you need a Japanese copy of animal crossing to go with it, plus I don't think DLC from there can be gotten here although that can be wrong.

There is a website called PlayAsia that sells Japanese copies of games and consoles. I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon from there.

No you don't. I mean why didn't you just get a Japanese 3DS in the first place?

That would be nice, but my family in too tight of a money situation to really afford that. If I got another 3DS they'd be hopping off the walls.

The good news is I'm going there when I'm older, so hopefully then I can get another copy of it. The problem is that I'm much too attached to this copy to really let it go, especially if I have it for much longer...

No you don't. I mean why didn't you just get a Japanese 3DS in the first place?
It wasn't my choice. My dad got it for me and I didn't know enough about animal crossing to know that that would pose an actual problem. It's much too late right now, unfortunately.
Keep in mind my dad's the same person that decided to change my name to an Italian one instead of keeping it Maya, which is my Japanese one. He's always been pretty demanding about keeping a more American home.
Anyway, that's all I'm going to say for now before this turns into something a lot more personal than I want it to be. Sorry.

Last edited:
This is a few months old, but I just had an experience, one I've got to post in case they're on this site. I was alone, did my usual lock the island by choosing a tour, set it up to bug hunt, caught 40 bugs, did the tour to unlock it, when in the span of like 2 minutes 3 people appear. Two were female, one was a male. The two girls were fairly new- like within 3 or so months, while the male was just over a year, having started in September of last year. I have been on since June of 2013. Keep that in mind when I tell what happened. I didn't really want to have to carry the newbies, but I will if they ask me for help on a tour (when we do the 3 star ones and I have to do the difference to reach gold, it can be quite a bit of work), so I was thinking about heading out. Well, all of a sudden, either lying to make themselves look good, or honestly mistaken, the boy said I only got my 1 billion in savings (this is impossible to do 999,999,999 is the max), by stealing from him. He said he dropped me from his 3DS, etc, etc. I then pointed out how I have all gold badges (yes, it's true I have posted pics on this board showing it), proving I made my 100+ million with beetles (and turnips to a lesser amount). Well, he then goes "sure you did" and "you only got rich" "by stealing from me". Given he started 3 months after I did, by the time he was beginning, I had already reached 50 million from beetles. So, I go "take this you liar" and cut off my wi-fi. Too bad the other 2 got caught up in that liar, but here's what's odd. While he's making all these false statements, the girls were believing him, and it's like, uh, what do you think I did with the 5,000+ bugs I caught, or my gold turnip badge? I've been playing longer than that liar- I also have 4 copies including a Japanese one, so I have no need to steal anything from anyone other than myself! What's funny, out of the 500+ visits I've done, over 450 of them are to my other towns, I never even played with that liar before he showed up on the island. Too bad I didn't block him before I cut the wi-fi, but I was getting tired of his lies, and spreading his lies too, since my gold badges prove I've earned what I say I've earned.

This is a few months old, but I just had an experience, one I've got to post in case they're on this site. I was alone, did my usual lock the island by choosing a tour, set it up to bug hunt, caught 40 bugs, did the tour to unlock it, when in the span of like 2 minutes 3 people appear. Two were female, one was a male. The two girls were fairly new- like within 3 or so months, while the male was just over a year, having started in September of last year. I have been on since June of 2013. Keep that in mind when I tell what happened. I didn't really want to have to carry the newbies, but I will if they ask me for help on a tour (when we do the 3 star ones and I have to do the difference to reach gold, it can be quite a bit of work), so I was thinking about heading out. Well, all of a sudden, either lying to make themselves look good, or honestly mistaken, the boy said I only got my 1 billion in savings (this is impossible to do 999,999,999 is the max), by stealing from him. He said he dropped me from his 3DS, etc, etc. I then pointed out how I have all gold badges (yes, it's true I have posted pics on this board showing it), proving I made my 100+ million with beetles (and turnips to a lesser amount). Well, he then goes "sure you did" and "you only got rich" "by stealing from me". Given he started 3 months after I did, by the time he was beginning, I had already reached 50 million from beetles. So, I go "take this you liar" and cut off my wi-fi. Too bad the other 2 got caught up in that liar, but here's what's odd. While he's making all these false statements, the girls were believing him, and it's like, uh, what do you think I did with the 5,000+ bugs I caught, or my gold turnip badge? I've been playing longer than that liar- I also have 4 copies including a Japanese one, so I have no need to steal anything from anyone other than myself! What's funny, out of the 500+ visits I've done, over 450 of them are to my other towns, I never even played with that liar before he showed up on the island. Too bad I didn't block him before I cut the wi-fi, but I was getting tired of his lies, and spreading his lies too, since my gold badges prove I've earned what I say I've earned.
Why'd you bring up an old thread though?

I usually only meet Japanese people, but I can get around the language barrier by saying this right away: "Roomaji nomi" which means "Romaji only". What Romaji is is Japanese, but using Roman letters. http://romaji.me/ <- With that site it's pie to communicate with them.

I had caught many bugs, even the best one on CT island.
I was hangin' out with a spanish american 12 year old who had a hello kitty hat. she was super nice and she followed me around slowly when I was catching bugs. :) (Google translate is my new BFF.) 30 minutes later 2 folks joined. a dude from paris who left quickly, and an english american. She tried to ask the spanish girl for a trade with hats, but the spanish girl had no idea what she was saying. Then the english girl HIT THE WIFI SWITCH. I was dead inside. :(
(I had caught a golden stag and a few herculeses and many gold elephants)

Wake me up inside... wake me up inside......

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just met a girl from my province who gave me a whole inventory full of bells when I said I was poor. :O

Last edited:
i haven't had really any negative experiences, which is good.

i once ran into this girl named hannah who was really nice. we did a bunch of tours together, and she even bought the ukulele for me.

i don't think i've gone back to the island since, though, since it honestly causes me a lot of anxiety lmao

I hadn't played Club Tortimer in ages, so I went a couple times yesterday, both on the international island and the North American one.

International island visit:
I did a couple tours with a Japanese girl but we didn't speak the same language so it was hard for us to talk. She eventually got bored and left while I kept on doing tours. No one else came.

North American island visit:
I ended up being on an island with a lot more people! Although no one did tours with me, at least no one was a troll. One guy was clearly an island hopper (which isn't an issue at all, but it was clear he wasn't there to chat), but everyone else stayed for at least a couple minutes. I did end up being on an island with 3 other people, which had never happened for me before, but then I think someone flipped the wifi switch, which was disappointing. It seemed like they were chatting so it might've been nice to stay with them!

Overall, I've had an okay time with Club Tortimer. I haven't run into any trolls but I haven't met anyone super nice yet.

Everyone I've played with there has been really sweet, but unfortunately I'm normally only with 1 person on the island at a time. I'd rather play with 4 people so that the mini games are more enjoyable T_T Although the game is less active compared to how it was when first released so I guess that should be expected..

Back