• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

I've had an okay experience with it so far. At its best, I had fun playing a bunch of tours with some people. At its worst, the person I was playing with left me unable to leave the island (after I had picked up a bunch of goodies) by choosing a tour and not doing anything about it. There was also one time when the other person just begged me for Bells.

In two words, really awkward. Usually I just go in, record a dream code, and buy some rare wet suit, and walk out. Usually I go late night for the japanese people, but barely any of them speak English :I sigh, language barriers

Back in the first week of the game I would get put into Islands with 2 or 3 people already on it. But now i never see more than one other person. And its funny how the one person will leave and a minute later another will join. That has happened literally every time.

Best time i've spent on Animal crossing! I met up with 3 other people, who we're very talkative, appeared to be around my age group, loved playing the tours (we we're good too) I got first place often so I got alot of medals and finally my long desired wetsuit *-* they traded friend codes and what not. I'm surely going to go again sometime. I suggest going with your own region, no language confusion.

Up till now I had good times. Even made some friends. :)

Only "less fun" thing, was when one person started running around and kept scaring bugs away. But he apologized after I commented on that, and we just went our separate ways. So still not unpleasand.

It seems to me like Club Tortimer is becoming an outlet for moronic trolls to let their idiocy show. Just this weekend I took an international island trip and had a single lady person there to keep me company. She started out pretty pleasantly (said hi and such), but after that, I started to hate her.

I was wearing my pair of "thick glasses" and she decided she liked them. She said she liked my glasses and asked if she could have them. I kindly declined. I wasn't interested in giving out my items to somebody I didn't know. Then, she got rude.

I played around on the island for a few more minutes then decided I wanted to leave. Well, this girl wasn't having any of it. She wouldn't let me leave. She'd start up conversations with NPC's or whatever to keep me there. It was clear that I wasn't going to be allowed to leave without dropping my glasses. o_O Some people.

Oh and I had picked up a nice item from the island shop too which I didn't want to risk losing if I flipped the wifi switch (I was just assuming that I would lose it if I did this). So, I ended up giving her my glasses. TLDR: I'm rage quitting club tortimer.

It seems to me like Club Tortimer is becoming an outlet for moronic trolls to let their idiocy show. Just this weekend I took an international island trip and had a single lady person there to keep me company. She started out pretty pleasantly (said hi and such), but after that, I started to hate her.

I was wearing my pair of "thick glasses" and she decided she liked them. She said she liked my glasses and asked if she could have them. I kindly declined. I wasn't interested in giving out my items to somebody I didn't know. Then, she got rude.

I played around on the island for a few more minutes then decided I wanted to leave. Well, this girl wasn't having any of it. She wouldn't let me leave. She'd start up conversations with NPC's or whatever to keep me there. It was clear that I wasn't going to be allowed to leave without dropping my glasses. o_O Some people.

Oh and I had picked up a nice item from the island shop too which I didn't want to risk losing if I flipped the wifi switch (I was just assuming that I would lose it if I did this). So, I ended up giving her my glasses. TLDR: I'm rage quitting club tortimer.

I truly can't believe people are using Club Tortimer to show all their idocy and I don't see why they do it. Animal Crossing is supposed to be a feel-good game and child-friendly. If I was a parent and I saw this happening while my child was playing I would restrict him/her from Club Tortimer until she was older and could handle it maturely. Did you block her?

I've had no rude people so far. Nice people, talkative people and hardly talking people are the only kinds that have stumbled upon me. But I know my time is coming up.

People there are anti social and always cutting down everything on the island... Most of the time the people are AFK. They also make me mad that they come and go within seconds.

I just don't understand. Why can't people use their own island to farm beetles? Why do they have to use Club Tortimer and mess up the experiences of others?

Hm, i just recently got Club Tortimer, but I've been debating on whether i should go or not. I'm kind of afraid i'll get a rude person!
Anyways, i'll try to give it a go and i'll report back with what happened. So far from what i read on this thread, it seems *most* of the people have had a good experience. Anyways,i'll go try it out right now!

I truly can't believe people are using Club Tortimer to show all their idocy and I don't see why they do it. Animal Crossing is supposed to be a feel-good game and child-friendly. If I was a parent and I saw this happening while my child was playing I would restrict him/her from Club Tortimer until she was older and could handle it maturely. Did you block her?

I've had no rude people so far. Nice people, talkative people and hardly talking people are the only kinds that have stumbled upon me. But I know my time is coming up.
I did block her. I'm thinking about not ever going back though. I know a lot of people have had positive experiences, but I have only had negative ones so far. :p The best time I had was when I was on an island with two Japanese people and a German and they where running around smacking eachother with nets. Not a bad experience I guess, but got dull in seconds so I left. :p

I did block her. I'm thinking about not ever going back though. I know a lot of people have had positive experiences, but I have only had negative ones so far. :p The best time I had was when I was on an island with two Japanese people and a German and they where running around smacking eachother with nets. Not a bad experience I guess, but got dull in seconds so I left. :p

I think it's pretty sad people act like this on a game just because it's really like their an anonymous person, so you don't know who they are, and not like you can do anything about it because it is just a game. As Kippla said, this is supposed to be a feel-good game and a child-friendly game, while some people seem to ruin the gaming atmosphere and just ruin the game-play experience for them, as well as this option in the game. Anyways, i'm sorry that this happened to you in the game! (as well to all others!)

Ive had a great time! Its soo fun.

Only bad time was the other day, This japanese girl was there and she picked a tour and then wouldn't sit down so I couldn't leave... she just kept talking in Japanese so it was really frustrating

Haven't really had any bad experiences (however I have only been a few times).

I did go on a scavenger hunt tour with a Japanese player though and you only get the medals on this tour if you both complete your goals. The Japanese player spent the whole tour collecting flowers and fruits so it was a waste of time but he wasn't rude or anything. Maybe he just didn't want medals :confused:

I've been a member of club tortimer for about a week but haven't been to the island with anyone yet, I might try it out tomorrow though and see how it goes.

My first visit was today, and the first guy I got was French. We spoke together a little in Francais, but we had a disconnection error half way through.

After that I got a German girl who didn't speak much, so I got a bug and left.

Hm, i just recently got Club Tortimer, but I've been debating on whether i should go or not. I'm kind of afraid i'll get a rude person!
Anyways, i'll try to give it a go and i'll report back with what happened. So far from what i read on this thread, it seems *most* of the people have had a good experience. Anyways,i'll go try it out right now!

Just went for the first time and i got a French person named Dylan! He was very kind and spoke a well amount of English, but sometimes he didn't understand what i was saying, so i got help from my brother who speaks a somewhat decent amount of French. Anyway, we caught some bugs and some fish, and we played the Hammer game two times. Very nice person, wish i would've gotten his friend code D:

I had an awful time, only been there once and met this really creepy guy wearing a mask, he spoke english but only said hi
it quickly down spiralled into him cutting down all the palm tress so I carried on fishing, then when i wanted to leave he kept talking to the lady for when you want to go home (can't remember her name) so I had to turn off wifi and loose alllll my bugs

I think it's a waste of 50 bells really

I was hesitant on getting Club Tortimer membership at first because of all the negative experiences I've heard.

When I went at first, it was pretty so-so. I didn't really make many friends. It was also hard to communicate with people as well. I thought I'd never make friends on Club Tortimer, ever.

Later on, when I acquired the joke book, I made two very good Japanese friends from Club Tortimer. =) I met a nice American guy too, but he didn't seem to add back my Friend Code. My Japanese friends seem very interested in my village too, even though my friend's village is waaay more developed than mine.

Helpful hint if you're on the international island: Emotions work wonders. I went to Club Tortimer when I didn't have the joke book and it was very awkward. If you can at least express yourself some people would be amused. Also, google translate may come in handy. Or not-so-handy. I've never formally taken Japanese as a language but from years of watching anime, I seem to get by slightly. I tried to ask a Japanese guy about doing tours with me but he didn't understand me. I went to the counter and did the "Pride" emote, then he got my drift. So far, every Japanese player has floored me in mini-games, but they don't seem to mind my quaintness. ^^;

Most Japanese people I've met would communicate only in Japanese, so I would understand if someone saw an English name and left immediately. Confrontation with foreigners might be too embarrassing for them, or maybe they think their English is not very good.

It's all about communication! But I haven't run into anyone nasty yet. My point is, it is possible to make friends from Club Tortimer. Make sure you give your Friend Code slowly (in three sections), as the text bubbles disappear quickly.

Last edited:
Back