• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your favorite way to earn bells?

I know a lot of people preferred turnips, but the island farming was always so relaxing and rewarding to me after long day even if it took longer.
Turnip was easy enough if you cheese it, but I didn't care for it. It kind of bored me. I went on the island to shark and beetle farm a lot with my old friends. It was fun just to spend an hour or more with them doing that.

Every morning at 7am or whenever the island would actually have rain for one full hour. It was different because the island music stopped. All you heard was the pitter-patter of rain and I loved how soothing it sounded. The night music was also great and relaxing.

omg i remember this method where you would fish for sharks and catch rare beetles at the island at night and then sell them to lazy campers for bigger profit 😭 i didn't play regularly before so i couldn't do turnips, so this was how i would grind for bells!!

I found an old guide here lol. it's so nostalgic to look back at my struggles with making bells ;w;

omg i remember this method where you would fish for sharks and catch rare beetles at the island at night and then sell them to lazy campers for bigger profit 😭 i didn't play regularly before so i couldn't do turnips, so this was how i would grind for bells!!

I found an old guide here lol. it's so nostalgic to look back at my struggles with making bells ;w;
Bruh, you beat me to it. Except for the fact I found out on the forums here.
https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/using-lazy-campers-for-tons-of-bells.180898/

Anyway, that was my favorite way to earn bells before the infinite fruit baskets became a thing when hacking came around. I'd patiently wait until Re-Tail put one of the perfect fruits on premium, then I went in for the big profits!

My other favorite was when hats went on premium, my friends would go ahead and duplicate royal crowns and make bank off of them. We always kept one just in case hats were on premium again.

Good times earning bells back in New Leaf huh?
My new favorite way to earn bells in New Horizons is going to Nook Mile Islands in the non-summer months by catching both Ranchu Goldfish and Sturgeons while waiting for CJ to visit to sell them off. And during the summer, I wait until 11pm and start catching palm tree beetles while I also wait for Flick to visit to sell them.
In November, I harvest mushrooms to craft a Forest/Mushroom Wallpaper and sell them.
But the most best way to earn bells in New Horizons is of course when the pile of cash is on premium during bell boom. I never tried it yet but willing to give it a shot someday.

I would say hunting rare bugs during the Summer months. I always enjoyed catching bugs more than fishing since you know what you are getting each time. lol

Beetles, sharks, and perfect fruit!

About half my town was dedicated to be my perfect apple orchard, and I would stockpile the perfect apples and offload them in my sister's town. I spent hours picking apples and then cutting down the trees and replanting whenever they died.

I never really abused turnips in ACNL, though I did in ACNH. I think it just didn't cross my mind early enough, and I was too shy to go to people's towns to sell turnips at the time. 😅

I never touched the turnips, until now lol.
Beetle and sharks at the tortimer island were always a fun and patient way to get bells. Now though, my interest via the bank seems to continue to be good, um I think that's how that works? I literally have no idea. But the amount of letters of 99.99 bells of interest. Should really check my bank on there.

hunting gold bugs at the island and fishing for sharks before i started selling/trading on forums which is where i made the big buck bells lol. i also did turnips for a bit when i was really dedicated haha.

Beetle farming! That was the classic farming method. But also, I love fishing in AC. I know it's not the most efficient, but there is something peaceful to it that I like.

I usually just sold whatever I gathered in a day at Re-Tail. If "whatever I gathered in a day" included the hot item, even better. Sometimes I play the Stalk Market, but I've only just started getting serious about it.

I had a friend tell me about a going to the island at night to fish for sharks. I made a lot of money buy fishing for sharks then selling them.

I never even tried to sell turnips like I did in New Horizons I am not sure why.

I went beetle hunting at night on islands! I spent so many hours slowly sneaking up on beetles. I usually had more luck with beetles than sharks.

Beetle farming and shark harvesting. When it was early in the nighttime, I go to the island to catch insects and fish. The four trees in the center were cut down so the only tree beetles I can catch are the palm beetles (which were never worth less than 6,000 Bells). And when I went fishing, I primarily went after sharks. Now taking them to the Re-Tail from the dock, that may be a chore, but I still get paid lots.

Back