• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cigarettes?

Cigarettes?

• Yay

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 146 90.7%

• Total voters
Extremely casually, like at a party or when I'm chilling with a friend and he's smoking, he offers me one. And I'd say this is like a once a month thing. Even so, I try to keep it as minimal as possible and avoid it as much as I can. It's not worth the health risk.

Truth, those who smoke are dedicating big time to national budget.
Just, some of them need to pay a lil more consideration to those who don't like the smell of it, or the children around them.

I smoked for over 7 years. The first few on and off then every day straight. It isn't until two or three years you really REALLY start to feel the adverse health effects of them. Yes it helps in the short term but it's really not worth it. I'm almost 9 months smoke free and I can't even begin to tell you how different I feel now. Stop as soon as you can because it gets even harder as time goes on. I pretty much locked myself in my bedroom for three days and told everyone to leave me alone and sweating it out in a sauna with running around the block.

Not for me. I don't judge people who are addicted to cigarettes though, since I have an understanding of how addiction works and it isn't fair to judge people with addictions just for having them, but it's always best to not start smoking cigarettes and quit if you can, of course.

Honestly I thought about it a few times esp during very stressful times in my life but ulitmately I?m not really interested the negative effects are a bit too much for me. I don?t mind the smoking smell nor do I really judge anyone for it since it?s up to the individual, just don?t be a jerk about it I guess

I've never smoked and have no interest in smoking because I was unfortunately a secondhand smoker due to another family member being a kind of inconsiderate smoker during my childhood. I personally have no desire to get into the habit because of the cancer risks, the damage it does to your mouth, the smell it leaves on you and your clothing, and the addiction it causes. All that said, I don't mind if other people choose to smoke, it is their choice to do so and their right to make that choice. I certainly can't criticize them for such, I make decisions that are adverse to my health pretty frequently, nor do I feel it is my place to judge someone over such a thing. The important thing is being considerate of other people around who probably don't want to share in the adverse effects of your habit, if you smoke, just have the courtesy to stand or sit away from others and don't be that person who blows smoke in someone's face. As long as you're courteous, it's all good.

I voted Nah on the poll since I personally do not smoke, but again, it's all up to personal discretion and I don't object to others doing it.

Never smoked and don't intend to. My dad gave up smoking because my sister was born and hasn't smoked since. I've been to friends' houses where their parents smoke, but they smoke outdoors, but despite smoking outdoors, their house still vaguely smelt of smoke and it was just hugely off putting to me. I can't stand the smell, I tend to avoid it as much as possible. I don't judge those who do smoke, it's entirely up to that person. My boyfriend used to smoke for about 3 or 4 years, but gave up about a year ago after seeing a video on the internet about the effects on your lungs. ^-^

I hate the smell of cigarettes and cigarette smoke is disgusting to me.
I've vaped once for fun, but I don't plan on doing it again. (it didn't have nicotine in it)
I already have a ton of health problems so I don't want to be concerned about my lungs as well.

cigarettes are so disgusting. honestly if you smoke just dont even talk to me

A huge "Nah" on the poll.

Smoking smells bad and I can't stand strong smells so I tend to stay away from smokers, or try to hold my breath while the smoke is present. While I can endure certain kinds of smells, the cancer-inducing cigarette smoke isn't one of them.

its ppl choices ig.

smoking is unfortunately in my dna, and im afraid i will catch the habit but im trying not to catch it

i saw a bunch of 11 year olds smoking at school today
honestly i thought smoking wasn't cool anymore like i dont get how people get into it anymore

Well tbh I find cigarettes disgusting but I've tried vape once with my friends I wasn't pressured or anything but I was curious how it feels like and I could say its minty and has better scent compare to cigarettes.

Never tried cigarettes

- - - Post Merge - - -

i saw a bunch of 11 year olds smoking at school today
honestly i thought smoking wasn't cool anymore like i dont get how people get into it anymore

It's more like a stress reliever

Well tbh I find cigarettes disgusting but I've tried vape once with my friends I wasn't pressured or anything but I was curious how it feels like and I could say its minty and has better scent compare to cigarettes.

Never tried cigarettes

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's more like a stress reliever

I wonder what 11 year olds have to be stressed about... lmao

i mean u do u!! if u wanna smoke, u know the consequenses (its on the box where i live?)
if people are gonna do something u usually cant change their mind. i dont think u should hate on them but if ur worried gently talk to them about it (': my dad smokes and im not a fan but whatevs, thats his life and it really helps him when hes raging.

Back