• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Type of Humor/Comedy?

Best Humor/Comedy Genre?

• Slapstick/Physical

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Dark/Black/Gallow

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Adult/Blue/Crude

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Dry/Deadpan

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Potty/Toilet

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Self-Deprecating

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Puns/Wordplay

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Satirical

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Improv/Impromptu

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Spoof/Parodic

• Observational

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Surreal/Absurd

• Burlesque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Situational

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Hyperbolic/Exaggerated

• Aggressive/Insulting/Edgy

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Ironic/Sarcastic

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
There is a variety of comedy and humor used in media, literature, by comedians, etc. Which ones are your favorites?

I tried fitting as many options as I could in the poll, but if there's one you like and isn't named, feel free to pick 'other' and explain in your post(s)! Most specific types of comedy have multiple names, so I tried adding those in as well!

Some of these types of humor are not liked by some people because they're considered cheap, controversial, and/or are mainly used in media that isn't always well-liked. Please refrain from attacking any users for their preferences, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
It's also important to note that any examples you give can break TBT rules and guidelines, so it's best not to post about them if it's wildly inappropriate (especially for dark and crude humor).

I personally love dark humor the most. There's no particular reason for it, other than it's the funniest to me. Slapstick, ironic, parodic, and satirical are also good!
I like crude humor too, but it's much better when done right (subtle or situational). It just feels cheap when it's painstakingly obvious or used excessively.

Last edited:
I voted in a bunch of categories but I think my favorites might be dark (as in dark comedies though, not singular dark jokes) and puns/wordplay because they're dumb, silly fun

Oh gosh. I’m into dry humor, and I sometimes regret making jokes because people don’t understand I’m joking and I end up looking like a fool. Haha. It’s mostly with people who don’t know me, and I can just feel the awkward “oh dang, this girl dumb” expression escape them. 😝 I have to be exceptionally absurd for it to land on strangers.

I also always appreciate a good bit of wordplay, and of course, situational humor. Crude humor is a huge turn off.

I like surreal humour. I like, to an extent, shock humour too. If it takes me by surprise, it really makes me laugh. Whether I want to or not.

I love dry/deadpan humour, both hearing it from other people and using it myself.

Big fan of puns too! For all the other types it depends entirely on how well it's done.

Last edited:
I love all kinds of comedy tbh but I really enjoy the absurd humor like Eric Andre's content.

Dark and absurd humor, this is no shock if you know my fixation 🤙

good old trauma coping mechanism for me, ngl

One of my favorite comedians is George Carlin, who definitely falls into the Dark, Adult, Potty, Self-Deprecating, Wordplay, Hyperbolic, Aggressive, and Ironic categories.

I also love surreal comedy.

I like adult animated shows like South Park and The Simpsons, so that would probably be adult and dark comedy. I also like slapstick at times.

honestly i prefer horror-comedy, which isn't listed

ashley williams is an icon
also final destination should be viewed as one
and can't forget wishmaster or leprechaun

I’m pretty immature with my humor, as I laugh at stuff like Impractical Jokers, but I also love clever jokes. Clever humor. But the humor that combines crude with clever is exceptionally funny to me.

I generally prefer humor in the Dark, Dry, Sarcastic, and Adult categories. I do enjoy silly and impromptu humor sometimes, but it has to be done well and a lot of times it comes down to the people and their dynamic together, like the Impractical Jokers.

girl i got no idea. so much **** makes me laugh its not funny lmao, I have a hard time keeping a straight face or being serious

Back