• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia CHATBOT MAFIA...Chapter 5: The Glitch... ENDGAME?

Actually I am wondering a bit the conclusion (about me and the setup) you came to about me and the private chat
i assumed you were town but just thought you were a bus driver who swapped targets (when you said tessa was probably attacked and not you)

i assumed you were town but just thought you were a bus driver who swapped targets (when you said tessa was probably attacked and not you)
ah darn

I was trying so hard to make you see I was willing to side with you

which, granted I did try to vote you out d1

was really sad when I was told I couldn't claim to you so I just kept repeating certain things and thought that the message got across when you said "food for thought"

Eh I'm fine without and I think I'm the person who most wants it lol

No, I want it too! I want to look for something in particular, lol. Specifically, I'm curious about tbt activity being off.

I clicked on names to see if peeps were "lurking" in game thread, but on d2 at some point noticed some had been turned off, but couldn't remember who had had theirs on previously...my mistake for not writing it down, although it might not have made a diff. Just read the dan/dolby chat so I'll add more on that in another post. Lame attempt to avoid the wall, lol...

So here's some of my thoughts, where I was headspace wise during the game and why. Please don't laugh too hard.
Actually, it's cool. I'm laughing too...

btw i may be dumb but i never expected you to be TP. 2 maf and 1 TP sounded ridiculous to me

Me too! This is why, despite all the reasons to not trust frosty, when kiko and I conf each other town, I figured we were down to just you and dolby. I might be avoiding closed role games for a while, at least until I get better at the game. I just didn't have enough smarts/experience to figure out the mech in this game, lol.

but tbh i should’ve caught on dolby wasn’t town when i literally scum slipped by townreading someone who didn’t even get their role, and he eventually let it go
tbh i wasn’t reading the game at the beginning and didn’t even see that betsy didn’t get anything yet. i just assumed she was town to start pocketing lol

Ok. Wall incoming, sorry, lol...

In disc cht, dolby referrenced my posts being either alignment. Yeah, that's pretty much me. I know it isn't really being 'good town', but I can't help it. The benefits - if town, I better avoid maf nk. If maf - betsy always plays like that- so hard to tell.

On my role pm - when I got the sub pm thingy, I was busy irl. When I came back to game later, i saw the welcome Betsy post in thread and just introduced myself to game.

Then kiko asked about the power (item) vote thing, and I thought hmm, was there more info in the role pm on this? Went to pm, realized I had no role pm and thought well crap, if there's more info on it in town role pm, I'm gonna look sus if I'm lost on that. So pm'd bianca for it and just straight up said - no idea, haven't got role pm.

Soon as I posted it, i thought crap, what if I'm maf, that's sus as hell....🙄 yes, feel free to laugh. And the more people asked about it, the more I felt like I should've just said "dunno" on the power vote and claimed town. But by then it was too late.

The disc cht - interesting!!! Dan knowing frosty was maf, he must have assumed dolby was either town- sided or neutral. So he couldn't very well give that away.

I made some huge mistakes d1 (my own fault). This gets complicated. At one point, Dan made a comment specifically about my being town, as maf role would have been sent. 4 minutes after dan posted that (exactly, i checked the times) I got a pm from bianca asking if I didn't mind not referring to the late role thing, as it shouldn't be a factor in whether I was cleared. I agree!

So my (dumb) assumption was that either a) she saw towndan using it to clear me or b) mafdan was pocketing...

At the time, I was assuming a 2 maf game. I saw the inferences between dan and dolby in game and thought ok, well they aren't a maf team probably.

Also on d1 - frosty was being given item votes, but wasn't saying much about it either way, whether it would be useful/not useful.

Between the political maf game and another mention by frosty of tp, I thought it was also tmi for frosty.

Put all that together with kiko role fishing (and the too friendly ice cream chatter, lol), and I was thinking it was a kiko/frosty maf team.

(And I stupidly carried that into d2 when dan/dolby 'cleared' each other, with some hedging.)

At the time on d1 tho - frosty had the item votes, but I didn't want it to go to frosty. Dan, tessa, and myself didn't want it. Raven was ia. That left dolby, who was (i thought) at worst a neutral tp. So I pushed to give it to dolby. I figured, if he was lying, at least we'd find out if the item was protective, lol.

Where things changed: d2 dan and dolby were so obviously not on town side. It was really, really difficult to let go of my frosty/kiko maf team theory and trust kiko. But there were so many spot on reads and posts by kiko and so many really off reads by dan/dolby that I went with trusting kiko. Glad I did! That was such a fun game moment! 🤣

Because (as I kept going over in game lol) I thought it was impossible to have 4 town, 2 maf, and 1 potentially anti town tp, I did clear frosty more in my mind. That was my fault, and a bad assumption on my part. Sorry kiko! I did push frosty to be tr, especially after seeing that dan and dolby had been working together against town. I really thought the math was there. Ha ha....I was wrong, lol.

But I will say - d2 was an absolute blast! With 2 maf (1 of them godfather), an unkillable hostile 3rd party, and a strong d2 wagon for me and kiko, I'm really proud we were still able to find town in each other and have our magic moment. 🤣🤣🤣

Good game all around.

Oh! One more addition to my wall!

If the game had been an open setup....I think, for the first time ever, I would have gone for a no elim d1!

I know....how dare! But knowing 2 maf, potentially unfriendly tp, and only 4 town....that definitely calls for a no elim d1! 😂

Also, this is the 2nd game I've had where role fishing could have actually really helped town. If we'd put it all on the table, so to speak, we could have strategized and spread targets around....so that's going to be interesting to consider in future.
Post automatically merged:

very impressed how many posts this game got despite it just being 6 players essentially lol
We needed geoni for more wall posts.
😅

I've had a ridiculously busy week so I've only skimmed a little of my post death content but wow, good job Mafia and Glitch! I feel completely fooled by both of you, Dolby and Frosty.

Although I had the feeling that you were 3rd party, Dolby, I just didn't suspect that in this kind of setup.

Overall it was well played all around. Though I was convinced on a mafia kiko.

So here's some of my thoughts, where I was headspace wise during the game and why. Please don't laugh too hard.
Actually, it's cool. I'm laughing too...

Me too! This is why, despite all the reasons to not trust frosty, when kiko and I conf each other town, I figured we were down to just you and dolby. I might be avoiding closed role games for a while, at least until I get better at the game. I just didn't have enough smarts/experience to figure out the mech in this game, lol.

Ok. Wall incoming, sorry, lol...

In disc cht, dolby referrenced my posts being either alignment. Yeah, that's pretty much me. I know it isn't really being 'good town', but I can't help it. The benefits - if town, I better avoid maf nk. If maf - betsy always plays like that- so hard to tell.

On my role pm - when I got the sub pm thingy, I was busy irl. When I came back to game later, i saw the welcome Betsy post in thread and just introduced myself to game.

Then kiko asked about the power (item) vote thing, and I thought hmm, was there more info in the role pm on this? Went to pm, realized I had no role pm and thought well crap, if there's more info on it in town role pm, I'm gonna look sus if I'm lost on that. So pm'd bianca for it and just straight up said - no idea, haven't got role pm.

Soon as I posted it, i thought crap, what if I'm maf, that's sus as hell....🙄 yes, feel free to laugh. And the more people asked about it, the more I felt like I should've just said "dunno" on the power vote and claimed town. But by then it was too late.

The disc cht - interesting!!! Dan knowing frosty was maf, he must have assumed dolby was either town- sided or neutral. So he couldn't very well give that away.

I made some huge mistakes d1 (my own fault). This gets complicated. At one point, Dan made a comment specifically about my being town, as maf role would have been sent. 4 minutes after dan posted that (exactly, i checked the times) I got a pm from bianca asking if I didn't mind not referring to the late role thing, as it shouldn't be a factor in whether I was cleared. I agree!

So my (dumb) assumption was that either a) she saw towndan using it to clear me or b) mafdan was pocketing...

At the time, I was assuming a 2 maf game. I saw the inferences between dan and dolby in game and thought ok, well they aren't a maf team probably.

Also on d1 - frosty was being given item votes, but wasn't saying much about it either way, whether it would be useful/not useful.

Between the political maf game and another mention by frosty of tp, I thought it was also tmi for frosty.

Put all that together with kiko role fishing (and the too friendly ice cream chatter, lol), and I was thinking it was a kiko/frosty maf team.

(And I stupidly carried that into d2 when dan/dolby 'cleared' each other, with some hedging.)

At the time on d1 tho - frosty had the item votes, but I didn't want it to go to frosty. Dan, tessa, and myself didn't want it. Raven was ia. That left dolby, who was (i thought) at worst a neutral tp. So I pushed to give it to dolby. I figured, if he was lying, at least we'd find out if the item was protective, lol.

Where things changed: d2 dan and dolby were so obviously not on town side. It was really, really difficult to let go of my frosty/kiko maf team theory and trust kiko. But there were so many spot on reads and posts by kiko and so many really off reads by dan/dolby that I went with trusting kiko. Glad I did! That was such a fun game moment! 🤣

Because (as I kept going over in game lol) I thought it was impossible to have 4 town, 2 maf, and 1 potentially anti town tp, I did clear frosty more in my mind. That was my fault, and a bad assumption on my part. Sorry kiko! I did push frosty to be tr, especially after seeing that dan and dolby had been working together against town. I really thought the math was there. Ha ha....I was wrong, lol.

But I will say - d2 was an absolute blast! With 2 maf (1 of them godfather), an unkillable hostile 3rd party, and a strong d2 wagon for me and kiko, I'm really proud we were still able to find town in each other and have our magic moment. 🤣🤣🤣

Good game all around.
Don't feel bad at all!
It was practically necessary for us to, at least not overtly, sus frosty too outright day 2 otherwise they all but could've voted together on one of us and stopped us from entering the night whatsoever!

There really was only one path to victory after night 1, and we followed it near perfectly! 🤩 (I just didn't know what a mayor and bodyguard were until it was too late 🥲 and couldn't quite pull off the recovery for my prior lack of knowledge during n2).

I'm very proud of how we played 🙏

So why I wanted the items

1. pure greed

2. Actual game related reasons

More items to me means I can use them to end game faster, so that there's fewer days, and thus, fewer chances to vote me out. In addition I can use the items to my own benefit, make sure they aren't used in a manner to prolong the game. In addition, I was specifically alluding to having kill immunity on d1 (which I did have) because I didn't want kills on me even though kills on me wouldn't go through. Why? Because those kills prolong the game. Granted, a kill on me failing; and me outting that I'm a third party who can't die after it, could earn me gratitude, but taking into account how some of you treated my claim (granted, yes I was working against town) I think I was justified not going down that route
Man after knowing how you like to approach the game I look forward to hopefully playing together again. Cos you make things interesting as hell.

I think my biggest mistake was softing cop harder than I should've. After ravenkitty's death I was so set on this game being a pr haven (and I was correct) that I townread dolby. And Betsy, for whatever reasons I forgot. Had I stayed alive until day 2, I think I could've solved the game as I was thinking frosty/dan. My initial cop read was on Kiko, and I was just thinking, "man if he comes back town, then its narrowed down to dan and frosty."

I'm ready for vanilla town again. I play one pr and I'm all detective'd out for the next few months🤣

Poor kiko you deserve a normal setup

Last edited:
There really was only one path to victory after night 1, and we followed it near perfectly! 🤩 (I just didn't know what a mayor and bodyguard were until it was too late 🥲 and couldn't quite pull off the recovery for my prior lack of knowledge during n2).

I'm very proud of how we played 🙏

😅 same, lol... I spent quite a bit of time looking up pr possibles...

Overall it was well played all around. Though I was convinced on a mafia kiko.

Lol, I was too until middle of d2.

Had I stayed alive until day 2, I think I could've solved the game as I was thinking frosty/dan. My initial cop read was on Kiko, and I was just thinking, "man if he comes back town, then its narrowed down to dan and frosty."

I'm ready for vanilla town again. I play one pr and I'm all detective'd out for the next few months🤣

Yes! My biggest regret in hindsight is you not having the item n1. I think your survival would have def made a huge diff in the game.

Kiko suspected you were nk because you were likely to inspect him and clear him town next day.

Also- I'm so sry for sussing our det d1!
D1 betsy is always a very confused and stupid betsy. 😅

Last edited:
Poor kiko you deserve a normal setup
Oh na I loved this!
Any distress in my messages was almost 100% acting to help my real points (when I'd eventually give them) land. I'm not sure if things would have gone as well for me and my various sub-plans and sub-plan-backups had I been too too rational of a player in the neutral game :p It made my need to occaisionally change stances relatively quickly more believable I think. Insane people are allowed to change their mind with less explanation more often than sane ones I find :p

idk if I can share my pms with bianca but I was very much like:

"People are gonna wanna institutionalize me after this, but here's the plan so there's a record of my sanity:"

multiple times 😅

Lol, I was too until middle of d2.
kikotoot parts 1 and 2 ftw!
part 2 was really me trying to feed everyone a pill hidden on a spoon of peanut butter
everything was truthful *except* my power, which we know now *was* necessary to be kept hidden if we wanted any chance at winning

Last edited:
idk if I can share my pms with bianca but I was very much like:

"People are gonna wanna institutionalize me after this, but here's the plan so there's a record of my sanity:"

multiple times 😅

of course you can!

I made some huge mistakes d1 (my own fault). This gets complicated. At one point, Dan made a comment specifically about my being town, as maf role would have been sent. 4 minutes after dan posted that (exactly, i checked the times) I got a pm from bianca asking if I didn't mind not referring to the late role thing, as it shouldn't be a factor in whether I was cleared. I agree! So my (dumb) assumption was that either a) she saw towndan using it to clear me or b) mafdan was pocketing...

No worries!! It was actually Dan who brought it up to my attention and I'm glad he did... I want that issue to drop because if you would have continued on...the conversation would eventually lead you to being towncleared. Not good for mafia lol But Dan brought it up Im guessing because that's how he would have played being town.

Last edited:
image0(2).jpeg

(I know I said it would've been easier without a betsy mayor reveal, but that was before I knew it was 2 maf 1 tp: your two votes I think were necessary in adding pressure to the mafs + dolby team so they wouldn't feel confident enough to pool votes on either one of us too quickly. There truly was only one very precise sequence of events that needed to happen for us to win, and we were so close!)

but yeah you can see how my appearing wavering was necessary with all the pivoting I was doing and planning on doing 😅

Last edited:
of course you can!

No worries!! It was actually Dan who brought it up to my attention and I'm glad he did... I want that issue to drop because if you would have continued on...the conversation would eventually lead you to being towncleared. Not good for mafia lol But Dan brought it up Im guessing because that's how he would have played being town.

This was an interesting set up, for sure. Thanks for hosting! I can't imagine trying to keep track of all of the possible interactions/ night actions, lol. I had a lot of fun!

And despite the fact that every town member voted the d1 item to me, and none of the mafia did
ye like, I don't think it can be overstated how huge an advantage whichever side you sided with would have
like, you saw with f3 even, it wasn't gameplay it was "who does dolby want to win"
your wincon is essentially just "don't get voted out"

am surprised it doesn't take precedence or anything

ye like, I don't think it can be overstated how huge an advantage whichever side you sided with would have
like, you saw with f3 even, it wasn't gameplay it was "who does dolby want to win"
your wincon is essentially just "don't get voted out"

am surprised it doesn't take precedence or anything
Yeah, i thought my win con was easy which is another reason I decided to go for items. Though I do think that I could’ve just been towny and people would have voted me… but Dan and Frosty voting for Frosty would have made it require a real coordinated effort (also another reason why I distrusted frosty but by start of day 2 I truly thought that Dan was alone)

If I townsided I think that it would have been stomp Dan D2 probably get Frosty D3. Heck, I might have been able to push him (Dan) over D1. Just needed one vote to flip but didn’t really want to spend the energy to push tbh

Yeah like, after you decided which route to take, this was literally the only way town could win
I think the only real play and way for town to win after n1 would've been claiming bodyguard in kikotoot part 2, keeping frosty perceived as a townie so they don't yet realize they can vote together as was the case, using the bodyguard claim to fear them out of targeting betsy, protecting myself, and then me and betsy voting out frosty d3.
but didn't know bodyguard nor mayor existed at that point, and couldn't quite pull off the recovery for bodyguard during the night

We came close! but weren't on your goodside at the end of things

Am very happy with me and betsy pulling off basically every single other step in that process though, despite not having any experiences with each other prior, despite being in the minority, despite being the ones lacking factual knowledge, and despite being the ones not having any other means of comms than the public thread🤝
(seriously @BetsySundrop , we did SO well, am super proud of us)

some things we pulled off intentionally, some with other intentions but that ended up lining up with what we would've had to do anyways

Last edited:
Yeah like, after you decided which route to take, this was literally the only way town could win

but didn't know bodyguard nor mayor existed at that point, and couldn't quite pull off the recovery for bodyguard during the night

We came close! but weren't on your goodside at the end of things

Am very happy with me and betsy pulling off basically every single other step in that process though, despite not having any experiences with each other prior, despite being in the minority, despite being the ones lacking factual knowledge, and despite being the ones not having any other means of comms than the public thread🤝
(seriously @BetsySundrop , we did SO well, am super proud of us)

some things we pulled off intentionally, some with other intentions but that ended up lining up with what we would've had to do anyways
You know, if I had not revealed as mayor, we would have been better off. But I was think there'd be 2 other town...oops!

😅

Back