• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bugs and other creepy crawlies

What do you do about insects in your house?

• Let them be.

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Catch and release.

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Kill them!

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters
I absolutely hate bugs ans snakes. I have fears about snakes mainly hut can't stand bugs.

I have an unspoken rule in my house for bugs. I leave them be if they can hide. The second either I or a pet see them, they?re dead. Unless it?s like a ladybug or butterfly or a lucky fly near the door. They can go.

Depends on the bug and my mood.
If I feel merciful, I take it outside lol.
If I am feeling any other feeling, I kill them. xD

Actually it doesn't depend on the bug, I just squash them.
I hate insects!

I usually leave bugs be unless they're bugs I don't know or don't want near me like beetles, spiders I can't identify, roaches or other large bugs then I catch and release.
The only bug I ask someone else to kill are centipedes because I am deathly afraid of them :'D

Depends, usually catch and release, but sometimes i'll let them be if it's just like a spider in the corner of a room or something. Never kill though, the only time I'd kill is if they were a dangerous insect and a risk to myself or my tortoise, but dangerous insects here are pretty rare & I'll always try to catch bees & wasps and similar.

im terribly scared of spiders and i hate flies, wasps and mosquitos, so these ones i kill or have someone kill them for me
but other bugs/insects dont scare me and i actually like some of them, so i usually try to catch and release them, or just open my windows as wide as possible and wait for them to leave
story time huhu some weeks ago i got a plant from ikea and after a few days i noticed that it came as a set with a lil guest in form of a catterpillar!! i literally carried the whole plant outside and gently moved it onto one of the plants in my garden, it was so cute omg

I kill wasps and house flies. We get a lot of granddaddy long legs but I just put them back outside.

Would love to vote in this, but I?m so scared of bugs I can?t do any of these. Too scared to just let it go, in case it comes back. Too scared to catch it because there?s a chance of it touching me. Can?t kill it because it?ll try to escape. Option Four: Call someone else to deal with it? Yes

I didn't vote because it really depends on that insect. I'm surprised at how so many people are afraid of spiders and yet, when I see one, I just leave them be because I know that they'll capture other insects with their webs. Pesky insects like flies though, I'll terminate them for sure.

Back