• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Book Ending Discussions (BED)] - Inactive

Mayor Ng

Mayor of Zen
Bells
Vesta
Sheep Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Tortimer
森
Inviting all avid readers! I'm curious how different people will interpret or envision the endings to various book series.

Every week, I will add a different topic of discussion to keep this thread fresh and engaging.
This week's
discussion will be on The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (including the recent release, the Fork, the Witch, and the Worm).

I re-read the forum rules on bumping and bumping a general discussion thread is not allowed unless the post has something of value to add to the thread. Thus, I'm going to lets this thread be inactive as there are no discussions made.

Some rules:
- No foul language please.
- Use spoiler tags when discussing your interpretation of possible endings.
- Discussion of your thoughts on movie adaptations is allowed and encouraged (please use spoiler tags when discussing differences in details between movie and book).

If you would like to discuss this book series or another book series, pm me and I will re-activate this thread.

Last edited:
I'm going to give this thread a bump just in case I missed any avid readers. I'm sure there are a couple or two who have read this bestselling series before! Just in case you are not sure about the titles, below are images. If you are interested, the stories are mainly about dragons and dragon riders as you can see from the cover of the books (there are images of 4 different dragons). I will include a plot summary for each book as a method to bump this thread if there are still no existing reader of this book series :unsure:

The Inheritance Cyle.jpg

The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm is not a book 5 but it does contain some answers or new accounts :)

The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm.jpg

Eragon.jpg

Day 3 Bump: Below is a short summary of Book 1 (titled Eragon) of the Inheritance Cycle (possible spoiler, read with care).

The book tells the story of a farm boy named Eragon, who finds a mysterious stone in the mountains. Not knowing the stone's origin or worth, he attempts to use it as payment to a butcher. A dragon he later names Saphira hatches from the stone, which was really an egg. When the evil King Galbatorix finds out the general location of the egg he sends the Ra'zac to acquire it. By that time Saphira had been growing for a while and takes Eragon to the Spine after Ra'zac appear in their village, Carvahall. Eragon and Saphira are forced to flee from their hometown with a storyteller named Brom, who Eragon learns to be an old member of an extinct group called the Riders. Brom was supposed to teach Eragon 'The Ways of the Rider.'

A movie adaptation is available titled Eragon, released in 2006. In my opinion, the movie was poorly made and propably the reason why there was never a sequel. Here is the poster cover of the movie:

Eragon movie.jpg

Once again inviting all avid readers! :) I hope there is at least one other person on this forum who have read the entire series or even one of the books and leave a discussion before the week is over and move on to another series. I will add a summary for the second book titled Eldest tomorrow as a bump if no one posts a discussion today. This thread will be inactive. If you would like to add a discussion, feel free to pm me and I will reactivate this thread.

Last edited:
Back