best late night games?

Honestly...Ghost of Tsushima is a great game for late at night. Especially if it's night in the game.

The moon-washed landscapes look great.

Honestly...Ghost of Tsushima is a great game for late at night. Especially if it's night in the game.

The moon-washed landscapes look great.

Yes!! The game is so beautiful! Plus I love the shrines and foxes

Lately I've been playing Fall Guys during late nights!

I’ve also been playing fall guys at night too! But sometimes it can be stressful!

mk8dx online mode for me! it's cutthroat but also just a pretty game and if im already tired i dont mind driving sloooooow and losing lol. i just look around at the stage instead

animal crossing, definitely lmao - it’s great at all hours but it really hits different when it’s late at night, you’ve got no responsibilities and everyone’s asleep aha
agree. but yah tricky towers or any civilization game if you got those.

I like AC type games at night, they don't require a lot of energy so it doesn't matter if I'm tired and don't hype me up. If you've got a DS, I recommend Enchanted Folk/Magician's Quest and any of the Harvest Moon games. They're so relaxing.

Of course, ACNL and now ACNH are the ones I like best for this.

Of course, there's a lot more if we're talking games that are just cool to play at night in general but a lot of them are more on the creepy or unsettling side, or might require more focus.

Dark games that are good, MH games, and racing games! Some reason I'm always in the mood to play MK games at night, just strange.

Lately, I find that games that suffer from some element of tedium tend to be best played when you can't sleep at night. I think it's the best time to farm for expensive fish and dive creatures in New Leaf, for example, or for raising Pokémon levels. These tasks that I usually sigh at when I'm forced to do them eventually become kind of relaxing at night.

Failing that, creative games like Minecraft tend to work, as well. Pet simulators like Nintendogs are also good choices. Casual games and puzzle games also tend to work pretty well. Anything that doesn't require actually remembering what you did when you actually go to bed. Or if you're not tired or just expect to stay up all night anyway, RPG's like Phantasy Star are good time wasters. Though if you're on that kind of sleep schedule, then I don't think your game intake will change one way or the other.

I played through all of Kirby’s dream course with my brother at 1 AM once. It was super fun XD

My favourite game to play at night is GTA especially when the session your in is going from afternoon to night so its similar to your time.
I just drive around on the highway listening to Los Santos haha and taking it easy, maybe even fly around or chill drinking on my boat .

Then you get some lower level player that's on mic yelling like your a hack how can u be on that level ...... I am going to keep trying to shoot you with my pistol and fail every time

I find Animal Crossing itself to be a good late night game to play before I sleep c: I don't really know what other games could play at night maybe besides Stardew Valley, Ooblets, or Maplestory. Mostly just games that aren't too intensive really.

I enjoy playing Pokemon, Splatoon (especially during Splatfests- makes it seem a bit more amazing and special for me), Mario Party, Mario Kart, and specifically New Super Mario Bros. U at night. Not the kind of person who plays ac at night to be honest.

Any open world game you can get lost (and immerse) yourself in like Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild, the Atelier series, and Minecraft. Makes for a relaxing night and I’ve been up with all of these until 4-5 a.m. in the past. Same with great story driven games like Persona 5, Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Radiant Hostoria.

Visual novels are also great choices. VA-11 HALL-A is one of my favorites and one I exclusively play at night given it‘s set during the wee hours. Haven’t played Code x Malice yet but feel it’d be a good choice as well if you’re generally a late-night reader (completely different genre though!)

One game I encourage everyone to try if you‘re not able to sleep is Kind Words, a relaxing game with a cozy backdrop where you write letters to people all over the world.

New Horizons trolling and messing with everyone for sure
Breath of the Wild trolling the characters and the npc's for sure
Splatoon 2 of course mah dears training my skills for sure

#Midnight Goals

minecraft's fun to play at night and i do most of my wonder trades in swsh at night too!

I really like to play Genshin Impact at night, something about it just helps me focus more. Another "game" I tend to play at night is Among Us, but I only play with a close group of friends. Lately, I've also been playing Pikmin 3 right before I fall asleep lol I really enjoy gathering one or two fruit before going to bed.

I used to play The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker at night. So relaxing just sailing the sea, especially when it's night in the game too. Add a cool summer breeze and that's one of my most therapeutic video game experiences ever. until those sharks arrived rip

Other than ACNH, Pokémon and SDV (Stardew Valley).
But sometimes, I'll boot up Everything, and just listen to Alan Watts ramble on about philosophy.
Or, Alone With You. No dying (though I understand that the fact you have <2-3 weeks to get off the planet you're currently on may be unnerving to some) but you get to spend your nights talking to holograms (I'm trying not to spoil it). It's a really pretty game, and reminds me of SDV because it's very pixel-based, and not smooth like Genshin. Also the OST, I will always have a soft spot for it. :>

I like playing Penguin Isle. Calming game... about collecting penguins!

If I have my laptop on hand, I also like VA-11 Hall-A. Nice visual novel with a great soundtrack.

Any MMORPG, sandbox game, or life simulation game. I personally play a lot of Minecraft, Terraria and Stardew Valley late at night.

Reactions: Neb
I agree with you 100% on the horror games. I would say Stardew is another good late night game, if you have it on the Switch. I guess you can play on your laptop in bed as well but I feel like with a laptop you're more inclined to do other things, like check social media and maybe even do some work, so it's less relaxing in my opinion. I used to play New Leaf for hours in my bed late at night, sometimes into the wee hours of the morning.

Back