• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Palia

Violet Witch

☽Stay Wild Moon Child☾
Bells
Fortune Cookie
Caustic Crystal
Black Famous Mushroom
Opalescent Crystal
Famous Mushroom
Rose Crystal
Red Star Fragment
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish

Another cozy game thats coming to PC and Switch that you'll be able to play on your own as well as with others online that involves farming, hunting, fishing, bug catching, decorating as well as completing quests. There's a closed beta test for PC players on August 2nd before it becomes available for everyone as an open beta on August 10th. The game will be free to play and will be released on the Switch in late 2023 with other platforms release dates to be announced at a later date.

Either way this game is getting a lot of hype within the cozy gaming community at the moment with the developers promising updates that will keep the game fresh and fun for years to come and any micro transactions will be purely cosmetic that won't be forced upon you like other games.

~Official website~

Last edited:
I saw part of the official first look video earlier in the week and I am curious about this one. However, I'm worried about buying too many games that are too similar. I think whether or not I pick up this one will come down to (a) are my friends playing it and would I have time to play it with them or (b) it comes to PS4/PS5.

I saw part of the official first look video earlier in the week and I am curious about this one. However, I'm worried about buying too many games that are too similar. I think whether or not I pick up this one will come down to (a) are my friends playing it and would I have time to play it with them or (b) it comes to PS4/PS5.
I completely agree. Whilst I love a good farm/life sim game that has the same mechanics of those that came before it I also want to see something new alongside it. It's why I'm glad that there's a closed beta that a lot of streamers have been invited to partake it in so I can see how the game works before jumping in and and downloading it myself when it comes out on Switch later on this year.

When it comes to the switch, I am definitely giving it a try.
I thought it was different with the online aspect of it. It seems like something I can go back to from time and time again.

When it comes to the switch, I am definitely giving it a try.
I thought it was different with the online aspect of it. It seems like something I can go back to from time and time again.
That's what drew me into this game alongside the decorating aspect being limited to the interior and exterior of your house as oppose to a mass of land like ACNH and Dreamlight Valley do. As much as I love both of those games, decorating large areas can be overwhelming and actually off-putting at times.

It does seem nice and does spike my interest and if they are going to release it for switch for free i will surely try it out.

This kind of relaxing games i do tend to enjoy them more on my switch so i will for sure wait for the nintendo version

I’m gonna wait to get it when it comes out on Switch this holiday season. It sorta remind me of RuneScape that I used to play a long time ago. Open world, medieval them like. It definitely looks interesting.

Last week I upgrade the Micro SD card for this and other new games coming to the Switch. There is a Youtube channel that plans on playing this a lot.

Last week I upgrade the Micro SD card for this and other new games coming to the Switch. There is a Youtube channel that plans on playing this a lot.
There's a lot of streamers who will be streaming this game today during the closed beta alongside the NDA being lifted so that those who were given a key code to play can talk about it in more detail. Funnily enough those that have said they'll be streaming the game mainly come from the Animal Crossing community which makes me think that if the closed beta goes well today, this game could become very popular in the coming weeks and when it's released on Switch later on.

The cinematic trailer for the game was released yesterday which paints an interesting story for the game going forward. Also yesterday was closed beta on the game and so far I've seen nothing but those lucky enough to play loving the game so far and can't wait to see what new content gets added in the future.

Fingers crossed the Switch release date stays as "Holidays 2023" and we get an actual release date over the next few months. 🤞🏻

Last edited:
This looks really nice! I like seeing the BotW/TotK gameplay with Disney Dreamlight graphics.
I'd love to see this for an Animal Crossing type game where you don't have to follow story/lore.

Looking forward to this development. Not necessarily interested in MMOs, but maybe I'll try it.

So after watching one of my favourite streamers play this game, it's definitely giving me Stardew Valley vibes with the farming mechanics, but what makes it stand out though is the multiplayer aspect. Obviously you can play it as a single player but you'll always be in a server with other players when leave your homestead. I've seen a lot of Animal Crossing and Dreamlight Valley players playing the game which signals the idea of Palia filling the gap of ACNH (until a new game comes out) and elevating what DDLV doesn't do. Overall Palia has the potential to be a great cosy game and if the devs stick to their promise with regular updates I can see a lot of cosy gamers picking it up either on PC and Switch over the coming months. Fingers crossed it also comes to Xbox and Playstation in the near future.

So @TalviSyreni I just commented about Palia on your other post about Fae Farm. I've been playing Palia on pc. And I do really like the mechanics, the open world aspect, etc. Sadly I simply do NOT like mmo games. I don't want to run around with people I don't know. I am very much an introvert and this is just so unappealing. Obviously there are a ton of mmo games out there so I know I am in the minority on that. But I do feel bummed about because it is a nice game. The other concern I have is the free to play. Even if the microtransactions are for cosmetics only, I always suffer fomo. I won't be tempted to buy, but I also don't want to continuously see things I can't get. So I know I will never play this game as obsessively as I've played ACNH or Disney Dreamlight Valley (DDLV). DDLV has microtransactions as well and I'm pretty sure as soon as it goes free to play later this year, and multiplayer I will probably stop playing as I'm sure it will change the game dramatically. Luckily the market is being saturated with farm sims and other games that mimic aspect of ACNH so I'm sure I can find ones to enjoy for a bit while I patiently (or impatiently?) wait for the new version of AC.

I started playing this last night. It strikes me as...fine.

Definitely has a very generic tone...but, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far. Nothing is blowing my mind...but it's fun. exactly the kind of game that I like to play while watching tv or something. I'm slowly plodding away at the introductory quests and picking up a bit of the character backstory and lore.

I do like that everything is decorated for the season. That's a fun touch.

Will probably update here as I go.

i wanted to give this game a go, but it refuses to download on my pc rip. every time it finished the install, it gave me the same error (something about "unexpected end of file", googling it didn't help) even after i tried repeating it with a vpn. it's not blocked on my firewall or virus protection etc. so idk what the problem is, i'll just have to wait until it comes to steam or something and hope that works </3

I completely forgot this came out yesterday. So I’m downloading it now and excited to play . Even though I won’t have much time to play today.

I was hoping to try this game since some of the decorations looked cool, but it won't install on my computer. I looked around and it turns out I'm not the only one with the problem, but there's no real solution, and my Switch doesn't have anymore space so... Guess I'll pass on it, unless they fix whatever is causing the installation issues on some computers.

Back