• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone play indie games? Or other none main stream games?

I watched day of the devs yesterday and I really look forward to knowing more about beastie ball.
I also watch another showcase recently (can't remember the name) that showed Dinoblits, My Familiar, and Mini shoot Adventure. They have demos and I really liked them.

I have a bunch of indies on my Switch. Some of my favorites are Iconoclasts, SteamWorld Dig 1 & 2 and The Escapists 2.
Really looking forward to playing Celeste as well. I've had that one in my backlog for way too long.

Yes, I love indie games! I almost exclusively play indie games nowadays! Here is a list of my favorites;

Wylde Flowers - super cute farming and witch sim that I think Animal Crossing lovers will adore! You can date love interests of all genders, and there is a lot of good representation, both LGBTQ+ and POC.

Close Your Eyes - Favorite horror game by far that doesn't have too many jumpscares or anything. I just love the story and the characters, plus, it's free!

Tattletail - Another horror game I thought was really fun and the hidden lore intrigues me!

Our Life: Beginnings & Always - Free dating sim with lots of customization options and LGBTQ+ friendly. There's only one love interest if you don't buy the DLCs, but, said love interest changes based on your choices, it's super cool!

Off-Peak - I love both Off-Peak games, though just Off-Peak is free and a good introduction to the weirdcore world of that creator's games. Really interesting commentary on art and I love the randomness yet charming nature of the world and characters.

Calico - Fairly janky, but I'd still recommend it for those who just want to run around a cute world with cute animals and characters. Although fair warning the character creator is kind of feminine leaning (unsure if they have changed this).

Wandersong - Haven't gotten far in it, but so far it's pretty fun. You basically make your character sing to beat bosses and influence the world around you.

Smile For Me - Weirdcore game with a really interesting story and fun gameplay that involves problem-solving via collecting the items in your environment. Super fun and cute, though it has a creepy underbelly so fair warning.

I use to be the queen of indie games and played a bunch like Eqqo, Tangle Tower, Night in the Woods, Roki, Turnip Boy commits tax evasion, Raji an Ancient Epic, Spiritfarer, Deadcells, Eastward, Journey, and several others. I have some more downloaded that I haven't gotten around to playing yet since my schedule changed. I use to love finishing an indie game in one sitting since they are usually short but like I said its hard for me to do that right now, especially since I mainly spend my gaming time playing animal crossing or Valorant.

Never actually played them although I really want to, but Hollow Knight and Cuphead are my favorite ones. They also both have really good music.

Back