• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 6.4.23 - Spring Cleaning, Summer Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbtDirect20230604.png

Good evening and welcome to a new Bell Tree Direct! We have many different things to announce tonight including two upcoming events, staff changes, a long list of items to clean up on the forum, and a new integration between our forum and Discord server.

Celebrating Diversity Event, Coming This Week!

celebratingDiversity2023.png

Our Celebrating Diversity event is coming back this Wednesday! It will take place from June 7, 2023 - June 17, 2023. In this event, we'll come together to celebrate our diverse community by completing a single creative task. We look forward to seeing your inspiring creations again starting this Wednesday!

Returning Soon, Camp Bell Tree!

CampBellTree2023Promo.png

In other event news, our next major event is also coming soon. Camp Bell Tree is returning July 21, 2023 - August 20, 2023! In this event, the community will be split into multiple "cabins" that work together as teams. The cabins compete against each other by earning points in a variety of different tasks. Which cabin will end on top this time?

While the event's official end date is August 20th, the tasks to complete will actually end about half a week earlier. As we did in 2021, early signups will be opening before the start date, so be on the lookout for that in the coming weeks. This year's camp will also have a theme... any guesses about what it might be?

Staff Changes

Many of our staff members are changing roles. While Kaiaa, LaBelleFleur, Laudine, Nefarious, and pandapples are switching to project staff, Mairmalade is moving back to the moderator role.

Moderator ➡️ Project Staff
Kaiaa
LaBelleFleur
Laudine
Nefarious

pandapples

Project Staff ➡️ Moderator
Mairmalade

Finally, Murray is retiring from the TBT staff. Murray has been a staff member since 2015 when he started as a forum moderator. In 2018 he switched to the project staff role where he continued to help with events. The events he helped run over his eight years as a staff member include The Bell Tree Fair 2016, TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt (2017), The Bell Tree Fair 2017, The Bell Tree Fair 2020, and TBT's Season of Giving 2020. Thank you, Murray, for your hard work and contributions to the TBT community over those years!

New Forum/Discord Integration

Over the next week, we'll be making many changes to our Discord server. To start, we'll be connecting the forum and server together. This will allow for new features such as:
  • Linking your forum and Discord accounts.
    1685928313820.png
  • Forced username matching.
  • New role and other perks for connected users.
  • Optionally receiving forum notifications through Discord.
  • Forum thread promotions to relevant channels.
  • Role syncing with events.
We will post more details about how to connect your accounts once it's set up later this week. There will also be several changes to the channel layout, which I'll talk about in a few sections below.

Board Changes

Before spring is officially over, we're doing some spring cleaning by making many changes to our boards and stickied threads across the forum. The Turnip Stalk Exchange and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival boards will be removed and replaced with prefixes. The Airport is also getting another prefix for new users looking for help. The Basement will be given a more distinct purpose - only forum games. The more chatty discussion threads that are currently there will be moved to Brewster's, but will be magically excluded from earning bells.

Board:Action:
Island JournalsMove under General AC Discussion and add a field to select which game the journal is for
The AirportNew Getting Started prefix (for new users looking for help with fruit, items, etc.)
The AirportRemove filtering box from the top of the board
Turnip Stalk ExchangeRemove and merge into The Airport board with a new prefix
Animal Crossing: amiibo FestivalRemove and merge into General AC Discussion with a prefix
Nintendo TreehouseAdd prefixes for more games (feel free to make suggestions)
Gamer's LoungeAdd prefixes for more games (feel free to make suggestions)
Brewster's CafePerfect the spelling, Brewster's Café!
The BasementMove non-game threads to Brewster's Café (they will still be excluded from earning bells)
The CellarPotentially merge into The Basement (TBD)

Thread Changes

Next, we went board-by-board through our stickied threads. A lot of them are outdated and some were even created an entire decade ago. We figured it was time to freshen things up around the forum. Over the next few weeks, many will be removed, while others will be updated or recreated.

Board:Thread:Action:
The Bulletin BoardBell Tree Directs - Info and ArchiveUnstick
Bell Tree HQThe Information DeskMerge into the FAQ thread for a combined FAQ and Q&A
The Signature GuideUpdate / replace. Make applicable for both avatars and signatures
Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!Unstick
Bell Tree Weeks - Official ThreadUnstick
TBT MarketplaceShop / Collectibles / Events / Restocks DiscussionUpdate or unstick (TBD)
The Bell System: Beginner's GuideUpdate or merge into FAQ thread in Bell Tree HQ (TBD)
Animal Crossing: New HorizonsTBT Island ToursOfficially close project and unstick for now (will possibly return in the future)
ACNH Board Post Quality & Etiquette ReminderUnstick
Nook's Cranny(Closed) The Looking For Thread (New Horizons Edition)Unstick
Auction Rules & GuidelinesUnstick
Animal Crossing: New LeafOfficial Dream Address Thread ☾ V.2Move to The Train Station
The Train Station (AC:NL Online)Official Turnip Prices ThreadUnstick, individual threads can be made
Wi-Fi RatingsUnstick
Guidelines for Animal Crossing OnlineUnstick
Re-TailRules, Guidelines, and BlacklistingUnstick
Villager Trading PlazaOfficial Hold my Villager threadUnstick
DO NOT MAKE BLACKLISTING/SCAMMER THREADSUnstick
READ FIRST: How to Use the Villager Trading Plaza & RulesUpdate / replace with info on how to use the board and filters.
General AC DiscussionOld School AC Week: Return to Town Photo EventUnstick
Animal CrossingOld School AC Week: GameCube Item Code GiveawayUnstick
Animal Crossing Character GuideUnstick
Animal Crossing: City FolkLinks To All The Best Guides On TBTUpdate links for historical value
Animal Crossing: Happy Home DesignerCoverage of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer news on Animal Crossing WorldUnstick
Nintendo TreehouseSmash Bros. Ultimate Discussion ThreadUnstick
MuseumProfile edits: Avatars/Signatures/etc.Unstick
GFX ResourcesUnstick
Please keep all art shops and transaction threads in the Museum Shop boardUnstick
The BasementGeneral DiscussionRemake in Brewster's (no bells)
What's Bothering You?Move to Brewster's (no bells)
Place your random thoughts.Move to Brewster's (no bells)
Unpopular opinion threadMove to Brewster's (no bells)

Thanks to Mick for helping me organize the long list of things to clean up into this usable format. Also thank you to all of the staff members who gave their input about these changes. We still have a few decisions to finalize, but we'll begin making these changes very soon.

Discord Changes

In addition to the added forum integration, we'll also be making some changes to the Discord server's layout so it will look like this:

Town Hall
  • #announcements
  • #rules
Plaza
  • #general
  • #gaming
  • #memes
  • #creative
Animal Crossing
  • #new-horizons
  • #pocket-camp
  • #general-ac
Multiplayer
  • #room-1
  • #room-2
Now that New Horizons is three years old, it makes sense to combine these channels into one. We'll also be combining New Leaf and Old School into a single General AC channel. Finally, we're expanding from a single #general to a few more non-AC channels for those of you who would like to chat about things in a less open-ended space.

Going forward, we'll also try to utilize more of Discord's features by making use of events, our Announcement channel, and a new Rules channel. The new integration with the forum will also help us utilize roles and other features more often.

Free Bells!

Your free Bell Tree Direct bells are back! Redeem them before they expire next week.

Click here to receive your 60 Bells!

And that concludes the Direct! As you can see, we have a long list of changes to make, so we figured it would be easier to announce them first. We'll go through each of these changes over the coming weeks, so expect things to look slightly different over that time. We hope to see you at our two upcoming events! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
eyeing my sidebar and looking at all the new event currencies.. very much excitement right now

These bulky sidebars (all the currencies) mean the party’s about to start, lmao.
It merely means that setup is in progress, just as it has been all day long. 😉

Your fellow Europeans @Mick and I will suffer on your behalf. 😴☕
The suffering is very real. But the pretty things I've seen... 🙏

Okay, so I'm reading the Camp Bell Tree threads from 2021, and it got me thinking: If Kapp'n took the campers to the island then, would Gulliver be taking us to space? In one of the older AC games (Wild World or City Folk, I believe), Gulliver did crash on the beach in a UFO, and even in New Horizons, he still occasionally brings up the UFO and other space-related things...
This probably won't be the case but I thought it was a cool theory lol

They did say it was going to be pretty late when the event starts though and told overseas members to check in later.
Indeed. Anyone still lurking, go to bed! It's 2am for me and 3am for @Mick. And we started before the US staff woke up. It's been a long day!

The suffering is very real. But the pretty things I've seen... 🙏
So many pretty things. 🤩

Didn't realize this until now. For quite a while now I've had this "Sitting high in the tree, watching the stars..." thing under my profile. When writing it, I never would have thought that I'd be going to them :O

My band camo just ended so I'm free for camp babyyyy! So excited!! Though I may or may not have some college homework to finish up >.<

omg i hope so!! @Mistreil mini-games are god tier 🩵
I wonder if there will be an interactive minigame of some sort like the Oarfish minigame from the 2021 Camp TBT event. Anybody remember the hidden Chris difficulty where Baby Park from Mario Kart kept playing on loop lol.
Spoiling a bit of the fun early -- unfortunately not! I wanted to, but I ended up having no time this summer. Next camp for sure, though! 😏 I appreciate the hype though.

But for your enjoyment while we await the start of camp: a very quick Oarfish reskin (I just changed the background)!

also don't lie to yourself you know Wow Wow Wubbzy songs are absolute bangers 🎵
bro this unlocked a memory I forgot I had haha

also MISTREIL THANK YOU SO MUCH 😭 I thought I had the oarfish game bookmarked but I couldn't find it!! I missed playing it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back