• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 2.2.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutely cannot wait for tbt's glow up

also.........

i will say it because i'm sure if it hasn't been said then i know u r thinking it.......... ok so.........hear me out.... night theme? maybe? (please)

I know I'm no one here and my opinion is worthless, but I don't think that's such a good idea. I love this type of forums and don't think the new engine will be better. I think this forum right here feels like home. Still, I can't stop the change and am obviously in the minority, so good luck.

I know I'm no one here and my opinion is worthless, but I don't think that's such a good idea. I love this type of forums and don't think the new engine will be better. I think this forum right here feels like home. Still, I can't stop the change and am obviously in the minority, so good luck.

Your opinion (and all opinions) does matter but don't forget, other peoples opinions based on your opinions also matter so don't forget that.

However, I can tell that Justin would make sre the upgrade would make TBT still feel like the same home as before.

i don’t think the forums will change too much even with a new server - it’l still be filled with the people who make this community so lovely so i don’t think you have too much to worry about :>

I'm failing to understand why people seem upset with the migration to a new forum software, that is going to be faster (maybe), have more features and overall just be better for this community.

I'm failing to understand why people seem upset with the migration to a new forum software, that is going to be faster (maybe), have more features and overall just be better for this community.

i guess maybe it’s some people just aren’t fond of change? the new server doesn’t seem all that bad, though.

Out of the events we're hosting for TBT Gaming Week, we have two tournaments that require signing up for ahead of time. Signups are now open for the Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon tournaments! Click here to go to the new TBT Gaming Week board if you'd like to sign up. Everyone will also have a day to sign up for them after the entire event starts, as signups will be open until Monday at 10:00 PM EST. The rest of our Gaming Week events will be added to this board on Sunday.

Out of the events we're hosting for TBT Gaming Week, we have two tournaments that require signing up for ahead of time. Signups are now open for the Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon tournaments! Click here to go to the new TBT Gaming Week board if you'd like to sign up. Everyone will also have a day to sign up for them after the entire event starts, as signups will be open until Monday at 10:00 PM EST. The rest of our Gaming Week events will be added to this board on Sunday.

so exciting!!

understandable, though I would still recommend to wait before passing judgment. as we really have nothing to go on other than a more modernized banner, currently

though preferences for current aesthetics and all aside, them updating to a newer more modernized software should in all likelihood be better for security as well. which I don't know how secure modern vbulletin is, but if one of the decisions to switch to xenforo is because of jeremy concluding that staying on vbulletin could cause security issues (which because of tbt having as large a userbase as it does, I'm sure he takes this very seriously), well then....

However, I can tell that Justin would make sre the upgrade would make TBT still feel like the same home as before.

I mean jeremy's running the place, but otherwise, yeah

I can see minor tweaks and all, such as how they changed the banner. huge major overhauls in design outside of some possible ui changes would be surprising though

the new server doesn’t seem all that bad, though.

not wrong, but just remember the server and software aren't the same

to compare with new horizons, the software is how the game is even able to be played to begin with (so the switch), while the server would be what would allow you to connect online with people (uhh.... these are literally also servers lol)

in this case, the software (vbulletin now, xenforo soon) is what allows tbt to run as a functionable thing. while whatever server host jeremy is paying for allows tbt to connect online and for all of us to be able to access it via also connecting to the internet

Last edited:
Looking forward to the updates. :)

It would be nice if there was a skin option in the future for a "night theme" that way for people, like me, with
visual issues it would be less harsh on our eyes.

This sounds good! I'm not on here very much but I was hoping to use the blog feature once NH comes out as my sort of town diary. I never used it much in NL because I couldn't really upload screenshots, but that will be much easier now! :) Maybe there could be a specific sub-forum for the people that want to do that?

This sounds good! I'm not on here very much but I was hoping to use the blog feature once NH comes out as my sort of town diary. I never used it much in NL because I couldn't really upload screenshots, but that will be much easier now! :) Maybe there could be a specific sub-forum for the people that want to do that?

That's exactly the sort of replacement we're looking into and considering! :)

I can't express how happy I was when I read about the quote notifications, alerts, mentions with @, and new reactions.

The times I've missed people's responses to my posts?or been conflicted about liking a post when I actually disagree with it but want to indicate that I've responded?have been numerous and occasionally frustrating. This will be such a great improvement, so thanks to the staff making it possible ♥

All these changes sounds great !
Hope we will be able to have a little bigger avatar from the beginning. :blush:

Question about blogs. When they get archived, will they be open to all readers, or can we still restrict unregistered members from reading blogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back