• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Art - Converting discontinued villagers to NL/PC style

Daveyx0

Keyboard Tapper
Bells
Switch
7788-8115-2011
Banner.png

Hey everyone,

I was kinda looking at discontinued villagers and which ones I would probably want in the modern games. Then I figured; let's try converting them into New Leaf/ Pocket Camp style! Below in the spoilers you can see the ones I did so far. Tried putting them in their e-card pose.
Let me know what you think :) Which ones would you like to see?

Update: Taking a break for a bit. Will make more later.

Next Up: Flash (If none requested: Iggy and Dozer)

Pierre was the first one that stood out to me. So I tried making him in the New Leaf/Pocket Camp style.

Pierre_DnMe%2B.png
--->
Pierre-1.png

Then I tried Meow as well (her UVs aren't perfect but otherwise I like how she turned out)

latest
--->
Meow.png

As requested by peachmilke; here is Carmen :D It took a while to get her eye position right and the ribbon shirt was fun to make:

latest
--->
Carmen-1.png

As requested by allainah; here is Faith! She was honestly pretty hard to do. Apart from the custom flower; her original design also relied quite a bit on the chubby model, I feel. Additionally I took some liberties with the colors and top of the nose. I hope you like how she turned out though :)

latest
--->
Faith.png

Then Sunny was requested by Nerd. She was quite simple but I made some of her facial features a bit bigger; and I still think she had different colored hands due to the e-card. If someone knows for sure I'm wrong, please let me know :p

latest
--->
Sunny.png

Rosewater wondered how Woolio would look like so I tried him next. He was quite tricky, especially lining up the star. But here he is :)

latest
--->
Woolio-2.png

Ariane requested Bow, which makes the Meow and Bow duo complete :)

latest
--->
Bow.png

By Elov's request, here is Ace! I like him, but his e-card used the "happy eyes". So I decided to go for his normal eyes instead, to give him more of his original personality.

latest
--->
Ace.png

Sugaryy requested Kit and here he is! He has some cool colors and a fun expression. :)

kit_dnme-png.236399
--->
Kit-1.png

Then it was Nosegay's turn! xSuperMario64x and AnimaICrossing requested her. The patterns on her head were quite tricky.
latest
--->
Nosegay.png

Mylittlesyn requested Quetzal on reddit :) Here he is! The first eagle so far.
Quetzal_PG.png
--->
Quetzal-1.png

Sue E. was requested by xSuperMario64x and here she is! I like her sassy look and it's the first pig I've done. Had to remake her shirt as well.
-->
SueE.png

Credit to Centrixe for the Pocket Camp model rips.

Last edited:
HE IS SO ADORABLE RIGHT?? that's a really great upgrade, well done!! would love to see you try out more poses too! ♡

Nice!! Gosh, I miss this guy even though I've never seen him. Would've been great friends with Pietro haha!

Anyways, I think the style is super spot-on, if you ever do continue the other discontinued villagers, I'm sure we'd all love to look at 'em!

omg so cute you did good! and i love this villager so ffffffmuchhh now im mad they didnt put him in NH 😤
lets start a petition for Nintendo to add him in

He looks so cute! Id love to see one of Meow, I'm so sad she hasn't returned :(

maybe after that you could do faith?

i think shes adorable 🥺

Back