• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Art - Converting discontinued villagers to NL/PC style

Daveyx0

Keyboard Tapper
Bells
Switch
7788-8115-2011
Banner.png

Hey everyone,

I was kinda looking at discontinued villagers and which ones I would probably want in the modern games. Then I figured; let's try converting them into New Leaf/ Pocket Camp style! Below in the spoilers you can see the ones I did so far. Tried putting them in their e-card pose.
Let me know what you think :) Which ones would you like to see?

Update: Taking a break for a bit. Will make more later.

Next Up: Flash (If none requested: Iggy and Dozer)

Pierre was the first one that stood out to me. So I tried making him in the New Leaf/Pocket Camp style.

Pierre_DnMe%2B.png
--->
Pierre-1.png

Then I tried Meow as well (her UVs aren't perfect but otherwise I like how she turned out)

latest
--->
Meow.png

As requested by peachmilke; here is Carmen :D It took a while to get her eye position right and the ribbon shirt was fun to make:

latest
--->
Carmen-1.png

As requested by allainah; here is Faith! She was honestly pretty hard to do. Apart from the custom flower; her original design also relied quite a bit on the chubby model, I feel. Additionally I took some liberties with the colors and top of the nose. I hope you like how she turned out though :)

latest
--->
Faith.png

Then Sunny was requested by Nerd. She was quite simple but I made some of her facial features a bit bigger; and I still think she had different colored hands due to the e-card. If someone knows for sure I'm wrong, please let me know :p

latest
--->
Sunny.png

Rosewater wondered how Woolio would look like so I tried him next. He was quite tricky, especially lining up the star. But here he is :)

latest
--->
Woolio-2.png

Ariane requested Bow, which makes the Meow and Bow duo complete :)

latest
--->
Bow.png

By Elov's request, here is Ace! I like him, but his e-card used the "happy eyes". So I decided to go for his normal eyes instead, to give him more of his original personality.

latest
--->
Ace.png

Sugaryy requested Kit and here he is! He has some cool colors and a fun expression. :)

kit_dnme-png.236399
--->
Kit-1.png

Then it was Nosegay's turn! xSuperMario64x and AnimaICrossing requested her. The patterns on her head were quite tricky.
latest
--->
Nosegay.png

Mylittlesyn requested Quetzal on reddit :) Here he is! The first eagle so far.
Quetzal_PG.png
--->
Quetzal-1.png

Sue E. was requested by xSuperMario64x and here she is! I like her sassy look and it's the first pig I've done. Had to remake her shirt as well.
-->
SueE.png

Credit to Centrixe for the Pocket Camp model rips.

Last edited:
HE IS SO ADORABLE RIGHT?? that's a really great upgrade, well done!! would love to see you try out more poses too! ♡

Nice!! Gosh, I miss this guy even though I've never seen him. Would've been great friends with Pietro haha!

Anyways, I think the style is super spot-on, if you ever do continue the other discontinued villagers, I'm sure we'd all love to look at 'em!

omg so cute you did good! and i love this villager so ffffffmuchhh now im mad they didnt put him in NH 😤
lets start a petition for Nintendo to add him in

He looks so cute! Id love to see one of Meow, I'm so sad she hasn't returned :(

Added Meow today :) Let me know if you want to see any specific ones.

maybe after that you could do faith?

i think shes adorable 🥺

These are incredibly well done! Pietro replaced poor Pierre. I wonder what Woolio would have looked like

Back