Are you happy with...? BONUS question and results

All in all, if you could change one thing about your island, what would it be?

• My airport color

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • My river mouths

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • My native / sister fruit

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • My native / sister flower

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • My resident services location

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • My airport location

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • My secret beach

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • My peninsula

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • My beach rocks

• My pier

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Nothing at all

• Total voters

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Switch
1062-1772-1342
VH2BWuv.png

My poll series has come to an end, and I would like to take the time to thank everyone for participating! I had a blast reading your opinions, admiring your designs and sharing my thoughts with you. I was blown away by your support and kind comments. I will be making more polls in the future and I'm already looking forward to our next discussion! Until then, here is my analysis of the results. Is there anything that surprises you?

Link to this poll
Blue seems to be the most popular airport color, with red being the least. An overwhelming majority of voters consider themselves satisfied with their airport color. Overall, people with yellow airports are more likely to want to change their color than those who have another color. Let's hope Tom Nook eventually gives us other options, like pink, purple or brown!
Link to this poll
Few voters have south & west river mouths, but those people seem to be the most satisfied with their river placement. The most popular river mouth position seems to be south & east. Overall, people with double south river are more likely to want to change to another layout, but then, most people are satisfied with their river mouths and have learned to work around them.
Link to this poll
Peaches seem to be the most popular native fruit, with oranges and cherries following closely behind. Apples are also fairly popular, while pears retain their reputation as one of the least appreciated fruit. As a matter of fact, nearly half of voters who have pear as their native fruit would rather change it, while those who have other fruits seem to be mostly happy with them.
Link to this poll
Most voters would change at least one of their initial flowers. Overall, people are usually more satisfied with their native flower than their sister flower. Sister flowers, which are based on starting month, do not see much diversity, since most people started playing in either march or april. Native flowers, which are based on the resident representative's birth month, have more variety.
Link to this poll
Most have made peace with the location of their main buildings. Among those who would like to option move them, Resident Services seems to be the biggest priority. A good number of people reported that their Airport is almost aligned with Resident Services, but not quite. Being able to move either building one or two space would solve the problem for many.
Link to this poll
Perfectly centered secret beaches are by far the most common among voters, but they are also one of the most controversial. While people are usually happy with their secret beach, and have learned to work around its location (and size), those who have it at the far left or exact center of their map tend to want to move it. It is interesting to note that while center left and center right seem to be equally popular, there is a big difference between far left and far right, the latter being considerably more popular.
Link to this poll
The bigger the peninsula, the more popular it is. Being the largest, the big round peninsula seems to be a favorite among voters, follower by the wavy and small round peninsulas. Those with the straight bottom and straight top peninsulas and usually less happy, their size leaving little space for decorating.
Link to this poll
Although this poll had an option for those who don't care about their beach rocks and/or pier, it would seem most people have an opinion on them. About half of voters are happy with their beach rocks, leaving quite a few people who would like to change them. As for the pier, the majority are satisfied and believe that size does not matter...

To end this poll series, I thought it would be fitting to ask everyone what aspect of their island they would most like to change. We've reviewed all the aspects that are set in stone at the beginning of the game and cannot be changed. But, if you could change one of them... Which would it be?

hqUM1tX.jpg

For my island, I think I'd go with my beach rocks. There are so many things you can do with them, and if there is one thing I don't have enough of, it's definitely space to decorate. I have so many ideas, but cannot execute them because I lack the space. Two or three more beach rocks, preferably with tide pools in them, would make a nice difference. Other than that, there isn't much about my island that I'd like to change.

What about you?​

I said the beach rocks too. I really would have liked the big one with the 2 tide pools, mine have too many rock formations that limit the space.

I don't heavily decorate them either, I like them being natural. It would've been a nice feature to have.

if I had to change one it'd probably be my native and sister fruits. love oranges but would've preferred apples or peaches. everything else I'm content with!

I’m overall happy with all of the unchangeable aspects of my island. If I could change anything, I would want to reshape the beach-inland boundary. There’s one area that has a one tile bottleneck! However, since that wasn’t an option, my next choice would be the length if my pier. Does it really matter? No. Would I still like a better balloon lookout point? Yes.
It’s interesting to see that most people are overall happy, and what they would/wouldn’t change. Thank you for doing this and compiling the results!

toss up between resident services and secret beach but I went for resident services! even though I'm not *un*happy with it, if I absolutely had to change something it'd be that! I'd either make it quite close so it's cosy or i'd give myself plenty of space to do a fancy entrance. second to that would be secret beach just so it's more convenient for me to reach haha

I'm pretty happy with my island, but if I could, I'd change the peninsula to hopefully have it in a better location and bigger. The beach rocks are a close second. They eat up too much of the beach and one is in a weird S shape. If I could I'd remove the 2 on the beach and keep the ones on the corners.

Overall I really like my island, though. :)

For Arctin, I voted on the beach rocks. Everything else is pretty good to tolerable, but the beach rocks are bland (I really want a tide pool there!)

For Evwirt, it’s a no-brainer to change my peninsula! I’d go from that crummy tiny one I have to a big round one; it would make my current set up WAY better.

I was torn between choosing resident services and my peninsula. I went with resident services because its way too close to my airport. I’ll never be able to make a nice entrance and there’s not much space for doing trades either.

I'm pretty happy with everything on my island. I would say maybeeeee the only thing would be my native flower; only because I've heard that native roses have increased chances producing blue roses, but if it's just a rumour, then I guess I'm pretty much 100% pleased with my island.

Overall, I'm quite happy with how my islands turned out, but if I had to change something, it would be the peninsula on the first island. It's in a crummy place and I dislike how it's become a random hybrid storage. Mirroring its location from the top-right to the top-left would open up a lot of opportunities for both the peninsula and the surrounding area.
A very close second place is swapping my A-acre rocks and the beach rocks between the two.
The small ones on my first would be better used on my strictly themed second, and the large, open space of my second's would have far more potential on my first's.

I'm pretty happy with everything on my island. I would say maybeeeee the only thing would be my native flower; only because I've heard that native roses have increased chances producing blue roses, but if it's just a rumour, then I guess I'm pretty much 100% pleased with my island.
I believe those were the hybrid islands that existed for the brief period in March-April. The roses there had really good genetics (especially the oranges). That's my prevailing theory as to why they got nerfed out; people were attaining higher-tier hybrids too quickly.

I’d change my beach rocks since they messed up some potential ideas I had. As mentioned before, I’d like the option of destroying/building them and the beach. Overall, I made the most of what I had ended up with. I had no idea until later on that there were different variations of the air port and I didn’t pay attention to what flowers and other different things when I rerolled when I was trying to get different starter villagers. My main concern was the villagers I started out with and maybe the river shape and direction a little.

I do wish I had different Nook Mile items excluding the springy ride on and maybe snack machine.

Overall, I'm quite happy with how my islands turned out, but if I had to change something, it would be the peninsula on the first island. It's in a crummy place and I dislike how it's become a random hybrid storage. Mirroring its location from the top-right to the top-left would open up a lot of opportunities for both the peninsula and the surrounding area.
A very close second place is swapping my A-acre rocks and the beach rocks between the two.
The small ones on my first would be better used on my strictly themed second, and the large, open space of my second's would have far more potential on my first's.

I believe those were the hybrid islands that existed for the brief period in March-April. The roses there had really good genetics (especially the oranges). That's my prevailing theory as to why they got nerfed out; people were attaining higher-tier hybrids too quickly.

Yup I knew about the hybrid flower islands, but I heard rumours that native flowers also had good genetics. But I guess it was just a rumour!

Yup I knew about the hybrid flower islands, but I heard rumours that native flowers also had good genetics. But I guess it was just a rumour!
Yep, I was thinking that after I responded. My sibling has native roses and those grew out of control for a few weeks (it rained 😆), but they weren't spectacularly lucky on producing hybrids, at least more than usual.
I had to help out with making blue roses and we just barely got them last week after threeish months!
(tbf I created a very drawn-out but no-nonsense method with that one hybrid tool website. It's all my fault XD)
That's just my one small shred of evidence on it, though!

I’m completely happy with my island! Wouldn’t change anything about it to be honest. :giggle:

i flippin' hate where my RS is, it's so darn close to the airport but it's not directly in front of it so ever since i've had my island i've struggled with entrance decorations. in the end i settled on a straight path leading forward with some cedar trees on the side (boring, but it's all i could think of)

My beach rocks, but it's not going to kill me, so for the most part I'm pretty happy with my island.

For me, it'd be my secret beach definitely
it's in a super inconvenient location as is and I really don't like it lol

Back