• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a tattoo or piercing kind of person?

Are you more of a piercing or tattoo person?

• Piercing

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Tattoo

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters
I love both, but tattoos definitely appeal to me just slightly more as an illustrator. Unfortunately, I have neither, but hopefully within the next few years, I'll have both.

I like both, but I prefer tattoos because they more meaning behind them, imo, whereas most people get piercings simply because they look cool. I mean, I guess there are people who get tattoos for that reason, too, but I wouldn't. I have one tattoo that I got simply because I thought it was cute, and I now regret having gotten it. All of my other tattoos have a lot of personal meaning behind them, and I like them a lot more. Plus, tattoos can't reject like a piercing can (at least, not that I know of).

I love both piercings and tattoos! However, if I had to pick between having them, I'd rather have just my tattoos. Tattoos can be much more unique, personal, and artistic than piercings. Everyone should have tattoos!

I started with more piercings than tattoos, now I have more tattoos and all my piercings are taken out. I find that piercings aggravate my migraines, which have gone from being a once a month kind of thing to a 5x a week kind of thing. So I take them out, I forgot to put them back in, they close. I don't really care for them anymore either because people start to tease you about them past a certain age because they, I guess, look more "unprofessional/mature" than tattoos do. I can live without them.

i wouldn't want either for myself, but in an aesthetic sense i think piercings are more attractive? i'm not sure i think girls with piercings and girls with tattoos are both super cool

Tattoos for sure. I tried to piece my lip 3 times when I was 15 when my parents obviously said no, and I'm glad it never actually stuck because I would not be into how it would look on me now. But I love tattoos. Mostly anyways. I love really artistic tattoos and really simple tattoos and just, I love when people share their stories behind their tattoos and get excited to show them off. I feel like tattoos bring people closer more than piercings do and I feel like there's just a different kind of artistic depth there that I appreciate much more.

Since last posting in this thread I've acquired another tattoo and four more piercings. :rolleyes:

I don't like tattoos unless they're small or minimal (on myself of course, I don't mind if other people have bigger ones!) so for me it's definitely piercings. I have two earlobe piercings on each ear and one cartilage piercing in each ear, and plan to get more in the near future. I'd like to get a tattoo as well, but that probably won't happen until I'm over the age of eighteen. :blush:

I like both, although I only have a single piercing. Despite that, I do think a well-done tattoo is better because unless you get them gauged, piercings are admittedly pretty plain in comparison. It's harder to convey a sense of individuality with a piercing beyond 'I was hard enough to let someone stick a needle through some part of my body, and I like the color of the stud/hoop I chose'

i like both, but i like tattoos better. I only really like nose and ear piercings, everything else looks weird to me. Tattoos are awesome cause its literally art on your body. As soon as I turn 18 im getting a tattoo. And if you pick the placement right, you won't have to worry. All mine are going on my back.

can't do tattooes so I choose piercings, even tho I hate both lmao cause I hate needles

I've never had either, don't really like the look of them. Idc if other people have them though

Back