• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a casual gamer or a competitive gamer?

I love team games like TF2 and Overwatch, but I'm not really competitive, I just like to strategize other people's moves and stuff. I play casually, but I also like playing action games every now and then.

Definitely casual, I pretty much only play single player games, I just feel more comfortable doing my own thing

I'm pretty casual. Usually I don't have the time or money to dedicate to becoming competitive! I also perform horribly under pressure so I prefer casual!

Casual games. I do enjoy challenging platform games from time to time and I do like completing collections in gameplay as a self challenge.
I almost always play games alone and I love games and if I do play games with others, they are often casual games. Mario Kart/Party the exception because those are competitive but can be played just for fun.
I guess I am a little unsure if you are asking about the games being casual or the player casually playing.

I created a thread about this but I will say it here with my Confession as a gamer. Truth be told I am not a competitive player and I don't like playing games online. I am mostly someone who just play single player games because I enjoy story modes and it gets me invested. With games that have online idk I just find myself having it hard to be around other players especially others who ruin the experience for me, even when I was told there is "nice" people out there I still find it hard to believe. Maybe its just me, I am just someone who likes to play alone without help since I grew up in a time when where people told me that "asking for help is a sign of weakness" and my mind has been spoiled since then. I tend to figure out what to do in games by myself and whenever I try online games its always a hit or miss for me, sometimes I may be interested and other times I just don't even bother.

I like singleplayer games way more than multiplayer, so definitely casual.
I've only ever been a "pro gamer" with pre-SWSH Pokemon, the only time I knew the ins and outs of competitive play. I tried getting into competitive Smash, but that hardcore scene is really polarizing and has turned me off from ever seeing it more than a party game.

I created a thread about this but I will say it here with my Confession as a gamer. Truth be told I am not a competitive player and I don't like playing games online. I am mostly someone who just play single player games because I enjoy story modes and it gets me invested. With games that have online idk I just find myself having it hard to be around other players especially others who ruin the experience for me, even when I was told there is "nice" people out there I still find it hard to believe. Maybe its just me, I am just someone who likes to play alone without help since I grew up in a time when where people told me that "asking for help is a sign of weakness" and my mind has been spoiled since then. I tend to figure out what to do in games by myself and whenever I try online games its always a hit or miss for me, sometimes I may be interested and other times I just don't even bother.
The funny thing is, that thread of yours gave me the idea for this one. I wanted to know what the ratio was between competitive and non-competitive gamers. Obviously, I’m not going to find an accurate ratio on an Animal Crossing forum, but it’s interesting to see the numbers.

Bit of both but more casual. I like winning and goofing off. Multiplayer games will always be more fun to me but I'll never go into the whole e-sport/hardcore mode that some players get like.

I like single player more than multi player. I am more casual though I used to play Overwatch ranked matches. I stopped renewing my ps4 sub though and also was sick of being put with teammates that would not work together or defend the point and then the spam good job emotes when we lost.

Single player/casual is the way I have always been. I play games to ignore the real world, experience a story, etc. Real life is full of enough competition to begin with...whether it's competing for a job, a partner, a place to live, food, money...I don't really need to continue the cycle of stress that comes with competition. I game for the sake of gaming...not to compare myself with someone else, or try to prove that I'm better.

I'm the same way with movies, music, and television. As funny as it is, I think a lot of people are competitive when it comes to those things as well. If I don't want to see/hear/experience something, I just won't...I don't need to see every current film just to say that I have seen them. I just do what I like. Always been that way. A lot of people out there are always striving to prove that they know more about every subject than anyone else. That's a form of competition too. I just don't go down that path.

Definitely casual. Pretty much exclusively single player as well. Doing really mundane stuff in games (breeding Pokemon, farming, collecting, crafting, etc.) is what I find fun and what helps me relax, and competitive stuff is well... the opposite. I tend to avoid combat even in single player games for that reason. Even in the rare case where I play a multiplayer game, I usually avoid combat/competitive stuff as much as possible, like spending almost all my time in FFXIV crafting/gathering/house decorating.

I definitly yo-yo between casual and competitive.

It depends on what set up I have. I currently have a 5 year old gaming laptop, no desk or chair, just a little lap table, and SHOCKINGLY BAD internet to the point where it's modern dial-up at 5mb/s. It isn't anywhere ideal for competitive play.

So currently, if you looked at my steam:
bbe711ce711e0dd6a63326bc33738737.png

However, I used to play a lot of overwatch, and used to do arenas on WoW for laughs (back when Disc priest was overpowered massively.) I do miss playing games like that, but I genuinly don't have the ability right now.

I'm 100% casual. I don't care about winning or being the best at video games. They're for fun and whether I'm the best or not doesn't affect my actual life. I just want to have a fun time.

Depends really.

If it's a single player game I'll often be happy doing the minimum required to see the end credits and never play it again.

If it's a multiplayer game I'll go all in, put in ridiculous amounts of hours and min/max as best I can. Even something that's cooperative multiplayer like Monster Hunter, I'll be aiming for all the awards for stuff and showing my epeen.

I am for sure more a casual gamer, however when I play let's say Mario Kart against my fiance / his family my ego comes up, because I know that I play it more than them and I NEED to win against them 😅

I'm sort of trapped in between in the middle. I love competitive games but I always play them casually and then I competitively play casual games. It's simply chaotic.

Casual. From what I’ve seen and heard almost all competitive games have a toxic community and I’m not into that at all. It’s the reason why I stopped playing league of legends and I feel like a lot of similar competitive game communities are not much better.
I prefer games that are either solo or coop where we work on something together not against each other. I also don’t really care if I do good or not, I’m always at the bottom when playing stuff like smash bros and mario kart haha but I’m fine with it.

It varies. I play Nintendo games casually. For other games I would describe myself as a completionist rather than competitive. I tend to focus on a specific game and wrack up a lot of hours trying to 100% complete them before moving onto the next. My current project is Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.49.23.png

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.50.51.png

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 23.54.07.png

screenshot3.png

Back