• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a casual gamer or a competitive gamer?

it depends on the game and whether or not i'm playing alone. when i'm only playing against the CPU, i don't usually care. the only game i currently play competitively is MK8, online and/or with my sister. in the past, it was wii sports resort (with family members/friends), mario/sonic at the olympic games (with my sister/friends) and just dance. (i mostly just wanted to get five stars, but was always super competitive if i actually played against another person.) for a lot of games, it's more of a need to earn/complete everything than being competitive.

Mainly casual. The most competitive I got was when I was really in to SMITE for a few years, but even then I didn't play conquest and the only ranked mode I played was Duel.. and I sucked lol

Mostly competitive, but I've been more casual recently with my gaming choices. Especially in the last year, I've been more into casually grinding ACNH, and JRPGs, while relaxing. I used to be mostly a fighting game and RTS gamer, which both have been put on the back burner for more chill games recently.

i'd describe myself as strictly casual lol. i'm just not interested in the type of heated environment competitive gaming typically turns into (at least in my experience - used to play TF2 way back in the day); even if it's a co-op situation like anything that involves combat of any kind i don't do with other people unless they're friends. i don't even play genshin with other people because none of my friends play it, and i don't want to feel like i'm having to keep up with or compete with people. i just find it more stressful than it needs to be, especially because people tend to get overly hostile about this kind of stuff and like... dude, it's a video game. i'll never understand why people feel the need to get nasty with others over video games. please calm yourself, lmao

games are, to me, a way to have fun and relax and just, yknow, not be stressed for a while! it's why i like games like AC. they're fun and relaxing, and when you play with other people, it's a relaxed environment and a chill atmosphere. that's the kind of stuff i enjoy <3

I'm more of a casual player for most games. I tend to not do very well at competitive games anyways, especially shooters or mobas orz

Mix of both with the mix depending on the type of game and if I’m interested enough in the game(s) at the time. For FPS (formerly played TF2 competitively when it was fairly vanilla, L4D with comp mods), party games (e.g.: Pummel Party, Blazerush, Ultimate Chicken Horse), I’m aiming for the win or to make the course for others much harder. I always have a cool head though unless I know the players extremely well and where that bit of extra banter is normal.

It also depends on if I’m decent at the game. Sometimes I jump into games that have a competitive scene more casually because I enjoy playing them, but I don’t have the dedication to learn them and perform.

I’m currently playing more casual games because I’m itching for more solid, building adventures.

I'm a hyper-casual player. Like, "Brawl is my favorite Smash game and I do not like Ultimate" kind of casual.

Casual. Very, very casual.

In fact, calling me a gamer of any sort would be an insult to "real gamers."

I get stressed/anxious easily so I prefer playing casually and relaxing. I'm also maybe not amazing at video games lol
Sometimes I enjoy trying to collect achievements or beat my own scores but I don't usually play games that are against other people

Honestly first thing I thought of was this exchange:
1633094015526.png

I get stressed/anxious easily so I prefer playing casually and relaxing. I'm also maybe not amazing at video games lol
Sometimes I enjoy trying to collect achievements or beat my own scores but I don't usually play games that are against other people

Honestly first thing I thought of was this exchange:
View attachment 402182

Oh boy, Ninja. Such a drama queen that I heard of him even though I don't watch his videos.

I'm mainly a casual player, but I sometimes am competitive when playing against other people in racing or fighting games.

Sort of both. I like playing relaxing games like ACNH and Spiritfarer but I also love challenging myself by playing faster paced games like Hades and Dead Cells. But those are only 1 player games with no online play so idk if that counts as competitive or not.

I only play one game online (besides ACNH) and that's Pokemon. I have battled online and gotten to Master Ball tier so that's cool, but I mainly do it for fun only and would never want to enter an official tournament or anything.

I'd say I'm primarily a casual gamer. While there is a competitive side to me, I really don't like what it does to me when it goes unchecked, as it ends up making games less enjoyable and I end up caring more about the end result than I do about the process and having fun. Last time I did any serious competitive gaming was with Town of Salem's ranked mode 5 years ago (iirc), and after months of playing it daily and being in the upper tier of the Elo rankings, I grew tired of it and stopped having fun playing it, and so I just stopped playing the game entirely for years.

It really depends on the game, I'm competitive in shooters and the like but I love Pokemon and don't care for the competitive scene so I never really battle anyone but my sister

i don't mind playing some more competitive games once in a while, but i much more enjoy playing casually and playing multiplayer games co-operatively. life is already stressful enough, i want to play games mainly to be able to chill out.

I'm honestly a bit of both. Years ago I used to be a heavily competitive gamer, playing a lot of League of Legends, Overwatch, and Call of Duty. I was so competitive that it actually negatively impacted my mental health and I had to step away from games for a little while. But in the last 2 years or so I've become more of a casual gamer. I still play games like League and CoD, but don't take them nearly as seriously as I used to.

So I'm basically a "casu-petitve" gamer, I guess.

Definitely a competitive gamer i like the feeling of beating other people through practice and hard work. It also feels good to climb up the ranks in a game.

Casual...I wanna ENJOY my games, damn it!

Back