• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are You Going to Any Concerts This Summer?

I might be able to go see fob! Theyre gonna be in VA beach june 28! Im seeing if my friend wants to go w me!

I went to AC/DC already and wanted to take my father to Charles Aznavour, but he was sold out already.....
He is a big fan of him and it might be his last show in Holland. (He is really old).

I went to AC/DC already and wanted to take my father to Charles Aznavour, but he was sold out already.....
He is a big fan of him and it might be his last show in Holland. (He is really old).

Awh, well I wish your dad good health!

Awh, well I wish your dad good health!

Thats very sweet, but my father is healthy as a horse. He never even gets the flu, haha.

I meant Charles Aznavour actually. He still performs, but he is aged 91. So it becomes more probable he will cut down on giving concerts abroad and maybe concerts all together. Although with his passion, he might actually pass on, while on stage.....

I was going to go see Melt-Banana on Thursday but I have work the next day, I have to get up at 5AM. So, I'm gonna have to unfortunately pass.

Last edited:
I've never been to a concert and probably never will....I have social anxiety. I'd need like Klonopins or something to keep it 'tolerable'.

Last edited:
I've never been to a concert and probably never will....I have social anxiet. I'd need like Klonopins or something to keep it 'tolerable'.

I used oxazepam (and beer), but still felt it until the support act came out.
Its difficult to deal with and I wouldn`t do it for other bands probably. I would have went to Charles Aznavour because it attracts a very different crowd, which lowers my social anxiety.

Even with the medication and beer, its still difficult. I didn`t sleep all night beforehand. I knew I wouldn`t, I had school once a week for 3 years and couldn`t sleep before that either.
I felt AC/DC was worth it and I was right, but it is difficult to explain the proces to someone who doesn`t have social anxiety; buying the tickets, anxiety rising when the concert date comes closer, the actual sleepless night beforehand, the anxiety when traveling to the concert and waiting in a crowd of thousands of people.

All my father said was: "Everybody gets a little scared before something like that."
Thats a guy who knows my lifestyle, my sleepless nights before school, everything. go figure.

I can understand your perspective. Thats all I wanted to say really. The first thing I thought when it was over was how I never would do something like that again. While my brother in law, with whom I went, said; "Lets keep our eyes open for more good concerts."

It can be a lonely world.....

I used oxazepam (and beer), but still felt it until the support act came out.
Its difficult to deal with and I wouldn`t do it for other bands probably. I would have went to Charles Aznavour because it attracts a very different crowd, which lowers my social anxiety.

Even with the medication and beer, its still difficult. I didn`t sleep all night beforehand. I knew I wouldn`t, I had school once a week for 3 years and couldn`t sleep before that either.
I felt AC/DC was worth it and I was right, but it is difficult to explain the proces to someone who doesn`t have social anxiety; buying the tickets, anxiety rising when the concert date comes closer, the actual sleepless night beforehand, the anxiety when traveling to the concert and waiting in a crowd of thousands of people.

All my father said was: "Everybody gets a little scared before something like that."
Thats a guy who knows my lifestyle, my sleepless nights before school, everything. go figure.

I can understand your perspective. Thats all I wanted to say really. The first thing I thought when it was over was how I never would do something like that again. While my brother in law, with whom I went, said; "Lets keep our eyes open for more good concerts."

It can be a lonely world.....
My condolences. Anxiety sucks!:(

Back