• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone want 20 villagers?

thelonewanderer

Bells
This is not a "complaint" thread but more of a "want" thread.

I really really want 20 villagers (well 16 to 30) since I always want it to feel like an improvement over GC version. I know most people here do not share the same view as me as with most subjects about AC.

I want the map to be much bigger of course, something like 2 to 3 times the current map size. I also realize the lack of personalities or subpersonalities is the reason why most people are against having too many plus the small map.

Even if you don't talk to all of your villagers, I just feel it make your island feel more alive and brimming with life considering I have not seen all 10 villagers outside of their house at the same time (outside of the fishing tourney)

Of course this is optional, if you want to keep your current 10 villagers or want 12 (most popular opinion) then you simply just ask Nook to sell you new plots but if you want to keep it at 10, then you don't have to ask nook to sell you a new plot.

But with all of that said (had to cover all of my bases)... does anyone want 20 villagers or 16 to 30 villagers? I have so many dreamy and 10 is far from cutting it. I also have different tier of dreamies. Tier 1 are my most have dreamies and tier 2 are dreamies that I must have after I have all of my Tier 1 dreamies.

I would totally stop complaining if we get a much bigger map and 16 to 30 villagers. 16 is the minimal for me since I want it to 1 up the 15 villagers we get in GC version.

I notice a lot of people on other forums are totally down with 15...and here I'm thinking, would one more really hurt? I know Nintendo probably won't ever bring back mean personality but if they can fix these two things (map size, villagers count), I'm rightly declare this as the best AC game to date (but not perfect) and be too happy to complaint. I view a big map and large villagers count to feel like a real console game that what it currently is (IMO)

Sorry if the post is long, I'm just very passionate. I love this game, it just isn't what I was hoping for yet (or if ever).

The island definitely has enough space for 20 villagers, but I think they need to add more personalities before this would be a "good" choice.

But I'd definitely love to see more life on my island! It would be fun to see a group of 5 villagers in the museum or in a house randomly. 🥰

No, please no, that's... that's too much. Too many.
(I mean if they make it optional to have that many, then absolutely, but otherwise...)
Also I absolutely don't want the map expanded.

I've made plans around ten villagers and made plans with my island the size it is. I do NOT want to have to change those plans.

I think it would be cool to have more than 10, but the map would probably have to be bigger to accommodate so many houses. Especially if you give them yards like I do lol.

If they did increase the cap, I'd still only have 10 since, with the limited personalities, I'd try to keep the repeated dialogue to a minimum. I feel like it's... IDK, a little immersion breaking when two villagers say the exact same lines lol.

I'm personally ok with just 10! It would be nice to have a few more, 15 maybe, but I think 20 would be too many for me!

God absolutely not. I'll paste what I wrote in another thread:

I'm not sure.

I had a lot of trouble finding space for even the 10 villagers they started us off with. Keep in mind (even though the percentage of this is very low) there can be up to 8 human players on the island PLUS 10 villagers. That's 18 spots right there. I can't even BEGIN to imagine figuring out placement for 18 spots for homes...

If they add a cap of 12 I may be okay with it but I really doubt they will, and I honestly hope they don't. UNLESS they expand the island somehow and make it bigger. Then I'd be okay with it.

oh god no. there’s only so many personalities and i don’t want a repeat of “hey you’re looking cool as a bowl of cucumbers” from new leaf lol. the islands way too small for 20 villagers and 1 player, now imagine that plus 8 players! it’d be too chaotic playing online too, so many villagers would be out walking around. plus i would love to see how the switch could handle that, lol. thinking of all the ai and pathfinding and other stuff to be loaded per villager... my switch already gets pretty hot as is, i don’t want it to melt!

I'd only be okay with raising the cap if they give us the option to demolish plots and kick out villagers at will once past 10. The map is extremely small, and some people have 8 player characters on top of that. Terraforming and designing a town is a nightmare already. Can't imagine having 28 houses to work around and move. Especially without TT.

Honestly I would be fine with 12 , 15 villagers is already too much , let alone having 20 or even 30 villagers?

Not to mention , even if they added space to the island's map , it would still make everything be cluttered , and then there's also the issue about new possible shops that could come later in the game , with so many villager houses , those new buildings would barely have any space.

God absolutely not. I'll paste what I wrote in another thread:
as much as i hate having to pick only 10 dreamies in my island, i agree, i had a lot of trouble finding good spaces so my island didn't feel crowded for just the 10 of them.

20 villagers sounds like too many for me. I think ten is a good number. There's no need to expand it.

I'm already stressed with just 10 because I want to implement my aesthetics and make a humane housing space but it's so stuffy already. Maybe a lot wants 20 villagers but that's a lot of upkeep, planning, hide and seek (seriously, looking for my villagers in my island alone stresses me out because they're hard to find. I can't imagine 20 people to find.)

The best I can extend is just 12 villagers. Any more than that is just...no. I even feel sad that I can't provide all of my villagers, porches. I can only give that luxury to Mitzi because I'm biased with her. I mean, I'm not done with my island since I'm holding back until decent updates are implemented (Imagine completing your island THEN extra shops pop up? I'm be screaming internally as I have to replan my island all over again!)

Let me tell you something. This island is too small to have 20 villagers. 10 villagers are enough.

The island is far too small to have 20 villagers. It can't even handle 10 villagers and 8 players that well. 10 is more than enough. New Horizon's island is only 6 acres larger than the New Leaf towns...

20 is waaaay too many. I'd be in favor of upping it to 12 since there's a couple areas of my island that I still don't have developed because I don't know what to do with them yet. 10 is fine, though, I don't think upping the count is all that necessary.

I think the original 15 would be a nice spot but like a lot of people have noticed the lack of personalities might make that seem in vain. The personalities are a lot of work but if they had any setting beside happy it would go a long ways. With their range of topics the conversations quickly feel like pulling a string on a doll.

Only if the map was bigger and that there was an option to remove plots after having built them already. Honestly, I kind of want to go back to having 9/8 villagers, wish that was an option regardless.

No, it's too much..it's already bad enough we might be getting more buildings (rumors).
I won't be able to fit the things I want on my island..

Back