Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Info Thread

Ooh....sorry, it's just so hard to believe because...y'know...April Fools...

No need to be rude about it. I've seen some rather elaborate pranks the past couple years, which have included fake game releases.
I mean, stuff like Half Life 3 and new Pokemon games are obviously jokes even though a couple of them were done exceptionally well this year.

I just get suspicious of any game releases announced on April 1st; companies should know better.
In any case, I would have rather seen some DLC for AC:NL (like villager zoning) over something like this.

No need to be rude about it. I've seen some rather elaborate pranks the past couple years, which have included fake game releases.
I mean, stuff like Half Life 3 and new Pokemon games are obviously jokes even though a couple of them were done exceptionally well this year.

I just get suspicious of any game releases announced on April 1st; companies should know better.
In any case, I would have rather seen some DLC for AC:NL (like villager zoning) over something like this.

But we did get Lucas...so...there's that...

They are never doing villager zoning.

I wasn't being rude... that upsets me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like... hurts my feelings :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

:'( ?100

im quite excited for this Animal Crossing (Granted it not the animal crossing game for wii u, maybe E3?) but it still looks fun

I wasn't being rude... that upsets me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like... hurts my feelings :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

:'( ?100

I think mdchan misquoted and meant to quote my post as the "rude" one, you weren't rude at all.

This looks exciting but I wonder how much the cards will cost? Will they come in packages like CCG's? Oh man..exciting but scared all at the same time!

This looks exciting but I wonder how much the cards will cost? Will they come in packages like CCG's? Oh man..exciting but scared all at the same time!

I'd expect them to be in packages like CCGs, and they'll end up being very similar in cost to Pokemon cards.

in fact if anything, I bet the new stuff in this game is teasing new features for the next mainline Animal Crossing title

This is what I was thinking. It's a pretty good way to gauge how people take to the amiibo cards and to show that they have actually been working on AC related things.

If they do a physical game then they will probably include a pack of cards with it and then you buy the rest like booster packs. But with such a lack of information on it, it's hard to tell. The cards may not even be required at all, but that's probably pretty high hoping for a small spinoff game.

im guessing they aren't releasing this in australia? :c
I feel heartbroken already just seeing it XD

im guessing they aren't releasing this in australia? :c
I feel heartbroken already just seeing it XD

Why would you say that?

^

it was shown in the australian direct??
i mean, even tho the AUS one is just ripped from the EU one, nintendo AUS has sent out an email which has its inclusion, so i have no idea why you'd assume it wasnt coming here,..

Last edited:
Top right circle: Species
Top Left: #no. of card
Bottom right: Dice numbers?
Bottom left: hand gesture?

While Im glad the cards will be cheaper I'm kinda sad because at least the figurines will be cool-looking trinkets forever.

As unenthused as I am about this title considering how it seems to be limited to a singular concept, it's actually kind of exciting to see the very first Animal Crossing spinoff game. It's opening up a lot of possibility for the Animal Crossing world to expand over many different and interesting genres. Perhaps one day we'll get some weird Animal Crossing RPG game? Who knows! So, yeah. It's disappointing it's not a big Wii U title, but it's exciting regardless. New Leaf is still young and hasn't lived out the entirety of it's life span, in my opinion. I doubt we'll be seeing a main Wii U title for a while. Still, when it happens, it's going to look AMAZING! I do wish there were figures involved in this so I could have some hope in physically owning a favorite villager of mine, but maybe one day! I can understand it'd be costly considering just how many Animal Crossing characters there are.

Well, I guess my dreams of Human Crossing being the first spinoff is dead.... xD

Back