• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Americans, what region are you from?

What region is your home state in?

• Total voters
Living in Pennsylvania atm but am originally from Massachusetts. North-Easterner here, born and raised!:)

The South, unfortunately. I would love to move one day up North or very far West.

I live in Texas. I’m not gonna say my city, but it’s quite out west of my state. I voted for South because Texas is one of the southern-most states.

I just put the Northeast because that was where I'm from (ie where I was born). If we're going by where I'm from (ie where I live), then it'd be the West.

Yes. Hawaii is a western state, according to the Census Bureau. And just like the other western states, Hawaii is mountainous.
Sure it is, but Hawaii doesn't often pop up in one's mind when mentioning Western states. Most people (at least the people I've talked to) just categorize Hawaii as Hawaii.

midwest broski, got some good ol Ohio vibes over here 😌🌽

I always found it funny that Ohio is considered part of the midwest, given how far east it is, but honestly it perfectly encapsulates that midwest vibe so I'm totally fine with it lol.
I love that in the south of our humble state, they say Ohiah 😂

Sure it is, but Hawaii doesn't often pop up in one's mind when mentioning Western states. Most people (at least the people I've talked to) just categorize Hawaii as Hawaii.
If Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, America Samoa, and other territories gain statehood, then I think every new state starting with Alaska should be considered “extra-contiguous states”. While Alaska and Hawaii are in the west, most western states are dominated by mountainous landscapes, with the southern half being “southwestern”, and the northern half being “northwestern”.

If Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, America Samoa, and other territories gain statehood, then I think every new state starting with Alaska should be considered “extra-contiguous states”. While Alaska and Hawaii are in the west, most western states are dominated by mountainous landscapes, with the southern half being “southwestern”, and the northern half being “northwestern”.

Ok well regardless, I believe you when you said Hawaii is considered a western state and my statement still stands; selecting the western option is the most accurate.

I’ve lived in two different states; one midwestern-but-actually-eastern (Ohio) and the other about as South as you’re gonna get both location and culture wise. Since I’ve been in Texas longer I’ll say South. Part of me wants to go back to the midwest at some point though, because this Texas heat is awful.

Back