• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

10 Reasons why October is the best month (and 31 things to do)

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
So the month of October has began. It's the first month of the 4th Quarter, second month of the last third, third month of the school year. In general, October is the best month of the year. Since it's the first day, I'm gonna go over 10 reasons why October is the best month (I picked 10 since October is the 10th month), and 31 things October is about.

10 Reasons why October is the best month:

Not everybody would agree that October is the best month, but it is one of the most popular months. Here are the 10 reasons why I think it's the best.

1. Halloween - you would not be surprised to see this up there. Halloween is my favorite holiday, you see. It's fun to pass out candy to those in costumes. And if you are one of these costumed characters, you do get the candy. You may take all of the KitKats and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, which are the best candies. What I like even more about Halloween is the decorating. We can see lights in white, orange, and purple, the orange-white-black-purple color scheme, wall decorations, inflatables, fog machines, fake webs, and 3D decorations. I should make an animatronic haunted house. I used to make Halloween crafts before. And let's not forget that October is horror film month.
  2. Beautiful Fall Colors - it's different based on where you live, but October is when trees start changing colors. Some areas trees can only be yellow or light green throughout the month of October. I live in Texas, so it's not looking as pretty (December is when we get the beautiful fall color). But if you're in New England or somewhere in the mid-Atlantic states, you will see more of a variety of fall colors. It would be more of a November thing, but it happens in October too. What makes fall more beautiful is the fall mornings (6:00 AM to 9:59 AM in October and November).
  3. The Weather - September is like August when it comes to heat, but it's cooled down. November is like December when it comes to the chill, but it's not as bad. October is in the balance zone, so I can safely say that October is better. It's cold, but as in 50° to 65° (or 10° to 18° if you measure in Celsius). I also like the high humidity mixed with the lower temperatures. Plus, October is a windy month. I like wind and low temperatures more.
  4. Sports - October is one of the two months where Baseball Season and Football Season collide. Why is October better? Because in Baseball, we can see the play-offs and world series occur. It's exciting to see which teams make it to the world series and see which ones win the world series.
  5. Great month to have a birthday - you may not agree with me on this, but October is one of the better months to have a birthday in (even if mine is in February). Think about it. December and January are close to Christmas, which means less presents for your birthday. June, July, and August are during the months of the summer vacation. It means less people to your birthday party (unless if you want a private/family one). February has Valentine's Day. November is during the shopping season. March and May ain't so hot either. So if there's any month left, they would be April, September, and October. Granted, October isn't the best month to have a birthday in either, but it is more tranquil and more exciting. One of my characters in ACNL has an October birthday. Plus, Libra is a cool looking astrology sign.
  6. Apples and Pumpkins - the former part you would already get. I love apples. They are so adorable. These cuties are not just for October, but also November. Fall is a season you can get apple cider, apple pie, apple cobbler, apple juice, and other apple products. November would be apple month, but there are more apple activities in October. Remember: apples have fun too. The latter part, October is pumpkin month. You can use pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin spice drinks, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin carving contests. Not to mention, but pumpkins are the icon of Halloween, the main holiday of October.
  7. The date columns with five days - you would not understand this, but I pay attention to the calendar very well. I even know which days fall on the same day of the week as another fixed date. October here, has three date columns with five days rather than four. The one with October 1st has 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, and 10/29. On that same day of the week, there's also New Year's Day, New Year's Eve, and Christmas Eve. October 2nd has 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, and 10/30. On that same day of the week, we also have Christmas, and during a common year, my birthday. October 3rd has 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, and 10/31. Other than Halloween, holidays that land on this same day of the week are Valentine's, 4th of July, and five of the 12 double dates. If you want to know what that means, here's a sample. Next year, my birthday is going to be a Monday. That means Christmas Day will also be a Monday, as well as October 2nd. If 4th of July is on a Friday, then Halloween is also going to be on a Friday. The cooler holidays are on the same days of the week as those 15 dates in October. The best years in calendar arrangements are when October 1st is a Friday.
  8. Shops - as I said that Halloween is the best holiday, there's more to put in. During late September and October, shops are filled with Halloween supplies. Halloween decorations, costumes, and candy are everywhere in the Halloween sections. They are more interesting.
  9. Food - October has great foods. We got candy, apple products (like said in reason #6), and pumpkin products. Oh, and fair food since October is fairground month.
  10. Nights are longer than days - when nights are longer than days, it gives us more time to illuminate the nights, make them prettier.

31 things to do in October:

1. Talk about the month
  2. Walk in the park with pretty fall colors
  3. Decorate for the fall
  4. Go shopping for Halloween
  5. Use pumpkin candles
  6. Bake pumpkin products
  7. Bake apple products
  8. Decorate for Halloween
  9. Carve pumpkins
  10. Honor Columbus and how he changed the world
  11. Make Halloween crafts
  12. Dress up for Halloween
  13. Play Animal Crossing in October
  14. Watch scary movies
  15. Go to a local fairground
  16. Collect candy
  17. Go to a Halloween party
  18. Eat Halloween treats
  19. Play spooky games
  20. Harvest fruits
  21. Collect leaves
  22. Watch Halloween specials
  23. Pass out candy
  24. Tell scary stories
  25. Play scary songs
  26. Write Halloween stories
  27. Make Halloween-themed parks in Tycoon games
  28. Play spooky segments in video games
  29. Watch the World Series and post season Baseball
  30. Watch football
  31. Wish people Happy Halloween

That's all. I hope you enjoy this month.

#3 and #10 are the reasons I don't like October. :|

My family doesn't celebrate Halloween because they think it's "American" (I live in Australia), but I love Halloween. Last year on Halloween I played Let's Go to the City and then watched Coraline, and I'm hoping to watch another scary movie and play New Leaf this year. I sort of celebrate it in my own way while my family ignores it.

Back