• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Losing the will to live!!!!

Sophiefish

Bells
So... iv been searching for a town for my new game and I have literally been at it for hours😫 I?m losing the will to live!! Maybe I?m struggling because there?s quite a few specific things I want from my town like apple as the native fruit ( I am not budging on this) 😂 I want the town a certain shape and with the plaza in the middle also I want a south waterfall! (I sound so picky) I feel like giving up so much and just picking any but I know if I do that I?ll end up wanting to restart months later! How long did it take others to find there perfect map?? Did you give up or stick at it?
Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel haha

Losing the will to live? o_O

Unless you've got a life threatening illness like some of us, that's a bit extreme. ^_^

So yes... if you're not actually dying, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ^_^

Well I just stuck at it, and it got so frustrating that I just went with whichever option I got and made it work. :) I am now happy with it.

Losing the will to live? o_O

Unless you've got a life threatening illness like some of us, that's a bit extreme. ^_^

So yes... if you're not actually dying, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ^_^

It was just a figure of speech, it’s a game I’m not blind to things people go through in real life, sorry that you have taken it that way :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well I just stuck at it, and it got so frustrating that I just went with whichever option I got and made it work. :) I am now happy with it.

I think that will be me to be honest, I think I’ll have to compromise with some of the things I want for my town ��

It was just a figure of speech, it’s a game I’m not blind to things people go through in real life, sorry that you have taken it that way :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that will be me to be honest, I think I’ll have to compromise with some of the things I want for my town ��

I didn't take it that way.
Hence, the -> ^_^ smile.

I was actually trying to cheer you up.

it seems you really are a picky one...
yet i understand what you're going through ( well partially )
when i first got my game i HAD to have biskit as my starter villager.

it took me 2 ******* days to finally have him.
i was somewhat disappointed at the native fruit though... ( cherry )
and at first, i really didn't like my town that much...
but i didn't want to spend more time on getting another town with biskit in it
so i just settled, and i worked around the flaws i though my town had.

and i've grown quite fond of my town.

I didn't take it that way.
Hence, the -> ^_^ smile.

I was actually trying to cheer you up.

Well I apologise, I thought you was being serious and took offence to it because you have a life threatening illness which I’m sorry to hear by the way
I’ll blame it on the fact it’s late and I’m tired so iv misinterpret what you said �� haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

it seems you really are a picky one...
yet i understand what you're going through ( well partially )
when i first got my game i HAD to have biskit as my starter villager.

it took me 2 ******* days to finally have him.
i was somewhat disappointed at the native fruit though... ( cherry )
and at first, i really didn't like my town that much...
but i didn't want to spend more time on getting another town with biskit in it
so i just settled, and i worked around the flaws i though my town had.

and i've grown quite fond of my town.

I’m hoping I find one as close to what I’m looking for, I’m never going to find one exactly how I want it, I’d be searching forever!

No, I'm ok. Well Diabetes, but I take care of myself. ^_^

I know finding a good map is frustrating. In WW it was.
When I started my NL town, I didn't know what to expect, and took the first map it showed me.
Luckily it turned out to be a decent map. ^_^

No, I'm ok. Well Diabetes, but I take care of myself. ^_^

I know finding a good map is frustrating. In WW it was.
When I started my NL town, I didn't know what to expect, and took the first map it showed me.
Luckily it turned out to be a decent map. ^_^

My dad has diabetes also and I like how it shows you 4 maps to choose from now with the new update. I had wild world and I didn’t know you could keep restarting to get a different map I literally thought the map you got straight away was the map you were stuck with ��

i would say it took me about a couple hours to find the right town and villagers (excluding naomi because i didn't really like her that much)? at the time i didn't bother worrying about my native fruit because i was planning on taking some peaches from my sister's town, but it's unfortunate now because we share the same native fruit & selling my perfect oranges to her retail would be useless haha

Picky with those couple of "musts" that you have listed? I don't think so! I have read of many people who take number of ponds into consideration, number of rocks!!, starting villagers, as well as what you have listed, and more!

I am soon going to start a new town. I have the cartridge in my possession. ;) Just waiting for a day when I can devote the time to get my "musts", which are perfect oranges, an eastern beach, a diagonal waterfall and a simple river. I am not compromising on those four things. This is my third town and I will have them! If I have to try for them over a period of days, or even weeks, I'm going to persevere! (I'm hoping for a couple of other features, too, but I will compromise a bit on them.)

Maybe take a break if you think you are about to cave on what you want. You can do it!

Eh, I was originally planning on map resetting, but then I decided to throw caution to the wind and just picked from the first four Rover showed me. Maybe you should do the same. It's quite liberating, and there are some very nice maps out there if you're willing to make some compromises.

i would say it took me about a couple hours to find the right town and villagers (excluding naomi because i didn't really like her that much)? at the time i didn't bother worrying about my native fruit because i was planning on taking some peaches from my sister's town, but it's unfortunate now because we share the same native fruit & selling my perfect oranges to her retail would be useless haha

Picky with those couple of "musts" that you have listed? I don't think so! I have read of many people who take number of ponds into consideration, number of rocks!!, starting villagers, as well as what you have listed, and more!

I am soon going to start a new town. I have the cartridge in my possession. ;) Just waiting for a day when I can devote the time to get my "musts", which are perfect oranges, an eastern beach, a diagonal waterfall and a simple river. I am not compromising on those four things. This is my third town and I will have them! If I have to try for them over a period of days, or even weeks, I'm going to persevere! (I'm hoping for a couple of other features, too, but I will compromise a bit on them.)

Maybe take a break if you think you are about to cave on what you want. You can do it!

Yes I don’t want too many ponds either, I feel they sometimes get in the way when your building pwps, thank you I might take your advice and have a little break, I don’t mind what villagers I have lol if I don’t like them they will move eventually lol and I want a western beach my other town has eastern so I want a change, hope you find your perfect map quick when you eventually come to start your new town

It took me days to reset...and I feel like I still messed up on some parts of the town map...sometimes you just have to decide which aspects you really must have and which are repalceable.

Thank you, I’m definitely sticking with the fruit, I love how perfect apples look iv never had them as a native fruit before, I’m so excited to start my new town I have so many ideas so I feel impatient but I don’t want to just pick any map and then regret it later.

Thank you, I’m definitely sticking with the fruit, I love how perfect apples look iv never had them as a native fruit before, I’m so excited to start my new town I have so many ideas so I feel impatient but I don’t want to just pick any map and then regret it later.

I've always wanted apples, but have always gotten peaches, in every town since Wild World. ^_^

You are wanting very specific things. But do not give up, really.
My first map was terrible in many ways. I did not like anything about him.

I tried to play with another map and still did not like it. So about 6 days ago, I took literally a few hours just to choose a map of my personally taste and finally found one after about three / four hours doing the same thing all the time.

And best of all, he came with Cherry as native fruit. And I've always wanted that.

But calm down, you're not losing the will to live because of this. Maybe you just got really frustrated with the game.

You are wanting very specific things. But do not give up, really.
My first map was terrible in many ways. I did not like anything about him.

I tried to play with another map and still did not like it. So about 6 days ago, I took literally a few hours just to choose a map of my personally taste and finally found one after about three / four hours doing the same thing all the time.

And best of all, he came with Cherry as native fruit. And I've always wanted that.

But calm down, you're not losing the will to live because of this. Maybe you just got really frustrated with the game.

I’m going to try stick at it for as long as possible lol, losing the will to live is just a figure of speech I obviously I’m not really it’s just frustrating trying to get a perfect town which is probably not going to happen I think I’ll be able to get close to what I want with a few small compromises thank you

I don't think you are over picky, it gets harder when you have more than one town (& I have several) as its natural to try for different features & native fruit.
So I'd echo what others have said, take it slowly, have a break and expect it to take a while to find something you like.
Priortise must haves & what are like to haves - for me it was native fruit, similar to yourself, but other things I did in the end compromise on.
When you get a town with apples, walk around and see if it flows - can't explain it better than that. I get a feeling about a town, see if it works for you, even tho it doesn't have all what you would like.

I don't think you are over picky, it gets harder when you have more than one town (& I have several) as its natural to try for different features & native fruit.
So I'd echo what others have said, take it slowly, have a break and expect it to take a while to find something you like.
Priortise must haves & what are like to haves - for me it was native fruit, similar to yourself, but other things I did in the end compromise on.
When you get a town with apples, walk around and see if it flows - can't explain it better than that. I get a feeling about a town, see if it works for you, even tho it doesn't have all what you would like.

Thank you definitely going to try this, I’m going to try keep an open mind and see if I can put my ideas into a town that maybe has a different shape and layout, I may even find a town that I like more

Back