• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Distractions

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
What is the biggest thing stopping you from playing New Leaf more than you already do. The only rule is that it can't have anything to do with the game itself and has to be something like work or school or another game.

Right now, with a certain game's release it is hard to focus on Animal Crossing for long due to just how outstanding Mario Odyssey is. It is hard to even put down the controllers for that game it's so fun!

For me it's school - I just finished a couple weeks of midterms so I haven't been on as often. I'm still checking in to make sure no one is moving but it's not as easy nowadays. I hope to get on for a few hours during the Halloween event.

I am currently torn between Fire Emblem Warriors and trying to actually beat Fire Emblem Awakening. And now Assassin's Creed Origins just released. This is why I never beat any of my games. I also work in retail so my hours will be getting crazy shortly too for holiday stuff.

School, or my phone.
I just haven't found the reason to play ACNL, I'm waiting on KnoxUK to re-edit some designs for my squid sister characters, and I really don't feel like planning half the time because I'm so darned lazy ;-;

Oh lord...
My school isn't just a high school- It's an academy. Apparently that means our workload is higher than normal high schools.
I spend 2 hours afterschool doing rehearsal and about 6 hours on homework. =^="

School! It's awful since now I'm so stressed about grades and activities, I barely remember that I can kick back with ACNL.

I froze 5 towns and just keep one town opened because of Pokemon Sun/Moon. I'm addicted to collecting shiny pokemon.
I've now added the New Mario Game to my list last night. It's hard to get thru all 3 games. Mario is a lot of fun but I'm taking my time. I'm a collector when I play games. In 3 weeks the next Pokemon game is going to be released.

Well, for me it has to be my English courses and school. I barely have time to do homework, so I am pretty stressed out because of it and the fact that my sister deleted my town, which I was pretty defensive about. Now I?m rebuilding, and trying to get some stuff for my town

Work, or another game. I usually quit that game half way to go back to new leaf though, so I rarely finish games (or it takes me a really long time) lol.

Last edited:
Usually it's a release of a new pokemon game that stops me.

Tonight though I'm distracted with Fire Emblem

School or other games

See you Isabelle gonna go play smash
Sorry Belle, I gotta head to Kalos
Brb Isa, gonna beat up some Team Skull members
ISABELLE?! DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SWITCH?!?!

My other games. I'm currently playing Story of Seasons and just checking in with Animal Crossing for a few minutes each day.

There's sooo many thing on this list, for real. First off, definitely my phone, since I have a lot of mobile games downloaded on it. Second, just school in general. I'm in all honors classes, so I'm definitely swamped with homework constantly (at least more so than I'm used to) and it's been pretty rough. Third, I really like playing Overwatch or CS:GO with my friends, which (in case you didn't know), the games can take anywhere from 30min to 90min, though the latter is usually exclusive to CSGO. And on top of that, I'm also involved in multiple teams for softball and my coach is pretty intense about dedication and hard work. Meaning that, on top of travel ball games, I also do games every Saturday for my highschool even though it's not our season, not to mention the extra lessons I do on top of that. So it's really a pain to find a good time for me to unwind and just play some Animal Crossing, but when I do it's always pretty fun

My biggest distraction is work. It's a pretty lame excuse, but I work long hours and it's a very physical job so by the time I get home im normally to tired to play or it's so late all the shops are shut and the special events are over. Whilst I guess I could set my town time a few hours behind mine, I've always loved the fact that animal crossing ran in real time.

Work, life, fires. I was on a role for a while but then all these fires started up around me and I haven't really gotten fully back into it yet, and now with Halloween I've been working on stuff for that, and the event here, it's just a lot competing so it's not fair. =[ I wish I could have gotten my town presentable by Halloween but there's no chance.

Back