• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf Town Transfer from System to System?

liquidvongel

Even in a room full of fools, someone is smartest
Bells
Yellow Candy
Hello! So my old 3DS, which I've had since Christmas 2013, recently had its right hinge broken from an accidental fall. The system itself seems to still work alright, as the left hinge is still attached, but I don't trust it.

I also have another 3DS that's in much better condition in my possession, and I want to be able to use the same New Leaf town data from playing on my old 3DS on this "new" 3DS. I play ACNL with a physical cartridge. Is there anything I need to do to be able to play in this town on my "new" system? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Game data is stored on the cartridge. Swapping the cartridges between 3DS consoles will allow you to play the games on whichever 3DS you want. Photos, however, are stored on the SD card, which can also be swapped.

You shouldn't have to do anything specific. Though if you had to download the Welcome Amiibo update, make sure it's also downloaded on the new 3DS or it might not read your save data.

Back