• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bugs and other creepy crawlies

What do you do about insects in your house?

• Let them be.

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Catch and release.

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Kill them!

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
I wanted to see how everyone reacts to bugs and stuff. Poll option is only for what you do when they're in your house or place of work but feel free to discuss all things bugs!

Personally if I can catch it I release it. Spiders get to stay in my house since they eat other insects (unless they insist on having their web where I keep walking into it). Otherwise if I can't catch it I leave it and let my cats take care of it for me.

i catch and release, but i usually just let my other family members deal with it. i want them to live but i'm so terrified of them, so i call up like my sister and ask her to catch it for me.

i catch and release, but i usually just let my other family members deal with it. i want them to live but i'm so terrified of them, so i call up like my sister and ask her to catch it for me.

LOL my sister did that to me when we lived together.

I usually catch and release.
I get a lotttt of spiders where I live so I have to do it all the time. I used to be really scared of spiders but now they don't bother me as much.
The only time I get freaked out is when I see giant huntsman spiders, they're massive and hairy ;_;

Death. I am not a "put the spider outside" person. Although I will put ladybugs outside. Basically they can live if they're cute or I'm not afraid to touch them.

I'm cool with bugs in general as long as they don't exist inside my house.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If like, I'm with someone and they want to catch and release I don't care. But they have to be the one to do it lol

Death. I am not a "put the spider outside" person. Although I will put ladybugs outside. Basically they can live if they're cute or I'm not afraid to touch them.

I'm cool with bugs in general as long as they don't exist inside my house.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If like, I'm with someone and they want to catch and release I don't care. But they have to be the one to do it lol

I hope you can come to appreciate spiders. They really are bros most of the time.

My bf is always pro catch and release. I normally am too but sometimes it's just easier to kill it. If it's a beetle or something, I'll always catch and release but spiders always are killed. Sorry. I can't stand them.

I always catch and release. It's usually a little spider, beetle, or silverfish. In the hallway outside my house at night theres a lot of bugs so thats when they usually get in. I do kill pests though, obviously. But those are really rare

I get a lotttt of spiders where I live so I have to do it all the time. I used to be really scared of spiders but now they don't bother me as much.
The only time I get freaked out is when I see giant huntsman spiders, they're massive and hairy ;_;
OMG XD I looked those up...those are um...very scary? XD

And catch and release for me, I never kill bugs :3

Last edited:
Get them away from me.

Yeah I pretty much squish dead anything larger and more annoying than ants.

I always put them outside. Killing bugs (or any animals, really) just doesn't sit right with me.

The exception to this is mosquitoes. Those can gtfo FOREVER.

If it is scary and invading my personal space (e.g. a large spider with what looks like jaws crawling up the front of the dress I'm wearing), it is going to die. If it is a moth (and they come in almost every night), my cats get dibs. Waterbugs, death penalty for trespassing. Those mosquito eaters and most spiders are allowed to stay though. Bees, oh my gosh, I lock them in the room they came in from until they find their way out the window.

I know it's not a bug, but a young (tiny) frog was in my kitchen the other night, which was a first for me. My cats all tried getting at it. D': But it safely was transported outside. I think it was a baby mantis in my house yesterday too. Like, I am starting to see bugs I've never had the chance to make acquaintances with before.

Anyways, I'm excited to move out of this house. ;‿;

If it was a roach or grasshopper, I would kill it.

If it was a wasp, spider, ant, or any other insect, I would leave them alone.

Yeah mosquitoes and ticks can **** off, luckily I've never been bitten by the latter but yeah still, stop hanging onto me .-.

I really like bugs but there are few that get the death sentence. Spiders and beetles are friends. Centipedes are obliterated. I will destroy them. Silverfish and earwigs get the toilet.

I generally try to catch and release things, but if it's something like a fly, stinkbug, or mosquito, I will not hesitate to absolutely destroy it. I'm cool with spiders though. They're chill.

I usually just leave the bugs alone that are in my room; after all, they are mostly spiders. Sometimes I may catch and release? It just depends I guess.

oh my, those huge Huntsman spiders are so fast that they're a little blurry to the human eye when they sprint, and theyve got that unusual crab-like array of all their legs on their sides it looks so freaky, ans here they get as big as your hand! I hate killing spiders because theyre useful and such incredible creatures, so i'll usually let them be, but when they get too giant and are in the house then they become the hunted.,,,

death to mosquitos at all times! my Home Depot sells these little plastic tennis racket thingies, you add AA batteries and press the button and you can swat-zap the mosquitoes...

moths i leave alone, theyre nighttime butterflies to me...

i'll shoo crickets and grasshoppers out with a broom
(last summer i wanted to kill one tho, it got in my bedroom and would loudly pipe up at like 3AM but when i turned on the light i could never find it lol... took a week to get him out)

others:
frogs and lizards all get shooed out if possible, if not then grabbed and hustled out...

Back