• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Politics Are Still Trending

Do you have a problem with politics still trending?

• Total voters

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Switch
0000-0000-0000
Do you have a problem with politics still trending?

Last edited:
The obsession of politics on this site is very mild compared to places like GameFAQs, Reddit, Tumblr, and above all, Twitter and Facebook. It's not as bad here, so you should be lucky.

And yes, I would wish that people can finally stop discussing them on larger sites like Facebook, but at least be calm on smaller sites like TBT.

Bell Tree seems OK enough with it. The problem on most sites is that it causes a lot of arguments. Politics is similar to religion, in that it digs down into people's core beliefs. People have strong feelings about them and have trouble understanding the other side, and therefore rational conversations don't always happen.

I don't think politics are bad here. For the few threads there are nobody bashes anyone.

They don't bother me. While our political situation isn't the best, it's fun to see others argue over it.

I think it's important. Maybe not so much on a forum like this, but we can't ever let Trump's presidency be normalised.

I just like poking at things about politics with a 1000 degree burning knife in the politics thread but yeah, politics are one the most popular threads that burn bright on this website due to people have strong opinions of the bull**** we call politics and you see these kind of threads very often.

No , since its obviously inevitable for Politics to be trending when one of the biggest global potencies (USA) changes from president , which will affect lots of us in some way , no matter if you don't live on United States.

Considering it's an ongoing event, I don't see problem with having them around. Besides, it's literally ALL over the internet. You can't escape it. xD

No. I don't understand why some people complain about being overloaded about politics when the reality is that most people don't have enough political involvement. There are numerous videos showing that people can name pictures of movie stars and musicians with near universality, but most people can't name important leaders in government. People memorize song lyrics and movie quotes, but don't memorize much of the constitution of their government. If you aren't passionate about your values and interests being represented in government, then someone who is passionate about it will get their way. When people say they don't care about politics, what that really does is enable extremists to take control while everyone else is just passive bystanders. If all of the people who didn't care all of the sudden did care, then they would have a major say in who gets to govern and chances are politics wouldn't be so crappy then.

Yes and no. Yes, specifically on the belltreeforums, because this has GOT to be the most peaceful place on the internet. lol I'm sure there are plenty of other places, but this is the friendliest place, with a lot of people willing to be kind to others. People generally have manners, give plenty of thank yous (after a trade or whatever), everybody is just generally really kind hearted. (Of course there are exceptions) And all politics do is divide. As time ticks on, they get more extreme, people get more prideful, with which comes more hate, and the last thing you'll see is understanding and open mindedness.

That said, it's very important. It's very current. The biggest underdog in the history of politics, some guy who has NEVER BEEN A POLITICIAN A DAY IN HIS LIFE, just got elected leader of the United States. That's ******* crazy. Whether it's good, whether it's bad, all the pros and cons, the bottom line is it's worth talking about. lol I just hope it doesn't pollute the boards and turn people against each other like everywhere else, that's all.

isnt politics an important topic? it doesnt seem very uncomfortable to me tbh..

The discussions here aren't bad compared to the rest of the internet, but it used to be. As in you couldn't talk about politics here a decade ago without threads getting locked or warns being thrown out because it was a lot more aggressive. The toxicity of politics today make it pretty impressive in comparison.

Nah, if I don't feel like getting into political debates, I could just not click on the threads.

no of course there are going to be a lot of people talking about it and discussing it w/ the donald trump stuff lmao. i avoid political discussions and news because theyre just tiring and never really lead to anything other than Anger and upset people ahaha

I don't post on them. (Sometimes...) But I can see why they are relevant.

Not really. It is fun reading arguments from both sides of the spectrum, but it does get tiresome after awhile.

Whelp. All the political threads are getting closed now.

Last edited:
Back