• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you've never noticed

AmarilloVerde

Bells
Yellow Candy
Yesterday I was playing towards the end of the day, and Maddie asked me to deliver something to Tutu. Then she said that since it was pretty late already, I could take until the next day to deliver it if I wanted.

I had never had that happen before! I've always had villagers ask for errands completed by the end of the day, so I didn't even know two day errands were possible.
Is there anything in the game that took you a while to experience or notice? Maybe there are more things I'm missing out on!

There are always little things here and there that surprise me. One of the cutest was that it was a long time before I found a villager sitting sleeping on a tree stump.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, I just have to add another - I remember laughing when Gracie would not let me try on clothes in her store when I was wearing a wet suit and had just been swimming.

i sometimes come across villagers i didnt know existed, and its pretty cool

I noticed that when your character is in a thinking position (in the item list) they tap there foot.

There was a time I was making a snowman - it was a work in progress when I accidentally bumped a large snowball on top of a smaller one. He grumbled about it every time I spoke to him.

It also took me a while to realized other characters would do the shrunk dance with me LOL

I like the funny effects when you eat some of the mushrooms.

I never noticed that when a girl wears a dress, they run weird, but when a guy wears a dress, they run normally.......WHA

Gulliver's reference to Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Mario Sunshine. It took me a while because why listen to an annoying seagulls bs tales? :^)

I never noticed that when a girl wears a dress, they run weird, but when a guy wears a dress, they run normally.......WHA
So much for looking cool in an Akatsuki cloak. ;(

O'Hare wears a slightly larger party hat over the hat he already wears. I already knew this, it's just funny every time I see it.

loooool, I also never noticed that you can like sit on rocks or something? WHat? Am I going crazy or is there something I missed because I'm pretty sure you were not able to sit on rocks before....

There are always little things here and there that surprise me. One of the cutest was that it was a long time before I found a villager sitting sleeping on a tree stump.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, I just have to add another - I remember laughing when Gracie would not let me try on clothes in her store when I was wearing a wet suit and had just been swimming.

The Gracie wetsuit thing is a good one! I remember laughing the first time it happned to me too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

O'Hare wears a slightly larger party hat over the hat he already wears. I already knew this, it's just funny every time I see it.

Lol that's awesome. The closest thing to that for me was Muffy putting a had on over her headband thing which looked a little silly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i sometimes come across villagers i didnt know existed, and its pretty cool

This actually happened to me today in a random dream in the Dream Suite... I saw Timbra's house and went "oh yeah, that's that tiger" and then walked in to see that it was a sheep... I actually really like her, too, so it was pretty cool to discover her that way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't know Gracie would say that. Surprisingly, she'd allow you in your store if you're barefoot or dress ugly.

Another thing I didn't notice last year was that there was a limit on how many items you can put in your house.

I didn't know Gracie would say that. Surprisingly, she'd allow you in your store if you're barefoot or dress ugly.

Another thing I didn't notice last year was that there was a limit on how many items you can put in your house.

Oh, I feel like I vaguely remember running into the limit before, but I totally forgot about that!

Somehow I never knew diving beetles existed. Never really paid that much attention to fishing so I guess I just wasn't looking in rivers/ponds/etc much. Spent like 15 minutes trying to catch it with my rod >_> Ended up having to look it up haha

After three years playing New Leaf, I never knew you could rearrange Shrunk emotions the order you want :p
Gotta thank Happy Home Designer, where I noticed immediately, and said to myself "I only I could do the same in NL..."
Guess what, I tried just out of curiosity and it was IN FACT possible! :eek:

This was quite a long time ago, but I never knew black roses existed. Before I had the beautiful town ordinance a lot of flowers wiltered, as you all know. One day I somehow accidentally bred a black rose and I got so confused. It looked wiltered and the next day it was still there! Eventually I picked it up and realised what it was, oops :eek:

I never knew dad wrote letters to your player too.. was quite shocked to receive one on my 3rd character on Christmas. My 1st and 2nd never got one from him.

I was surprised the one day when I popped in, and Marshal asked me as a favor to come back and bring Zucker over to his house so he could tell him something. I forget the exact context, but it was something along the lines of 'he better take darn good care of me (the mayor) if he moved.' Needless to say Zucker left before he did and Marshal is still looking out for me. :x It was very heartwarming. I was also touched when Marshal sent me a Fancy Doll as a present and said he thought it would fit me. Usually animals send random items but this one I actually kept. <3

The little gesture Cyrus makes when you pick up finished / refurbished items.. he waves and winks. Pretty sure it was added after the update. I kept wondering if Cyrus did the same thing before the update..

I noticed this a long time ago- when the villagers ask you to change their greeting or catchphrase, you can still say yes, and change nothing with it, but they'll still act like it's a brand new greeting or catchphrase lol.

Back