• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

It's not Christmas anymore.

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that it is now December 26 / 27 depending on where you live, which means that Christmas 2016 has officially come and gone and it is now 364 days until next Christmas. That means it's time for all the Christmas lights, decorations, and other references to get stored in the attic / basement until at least 11 months from now. Let's show some respect for the holiday by not pretending that it extends indefinitely past December 25. New Years is less than a week away, so show it some love instead of a holiday that has already been beaten to death for a month. Thank you.

You wanna grab a ladder and take our lights off the roof in the freezing rain be my guest

That's cool and all but we keep our decorations up until about the 3rd of January. Thanks tho.

actually, it's always bummed me out that most people are immediately like "okay, christmas is done" practically at midnight on the 26th. we keep our decorations up until new year's, because i feel like that's when the holiday season ends. christmas makes me happy tbh, i wish more people kept the ~holiday spirit~ going a bit longer than just until christmas day.

It technically is still christmas, since it's 12 days of christmas commencing christmas day. Meaning that it is in fact still christmas and will continue to be so until the 5th of January.

Maybe you don't like to think that the 12 days of christmas isn't a thing, but it is and is respected by virtually everybody that celebrates christmas.

Merry christmas, ya filthy animal.

actually, it's always bummed me out that most people are immediately like "okay, christmas is done" practically at midnight on the 26th. we keep our decorations up until new year's, because i feel like that's when the holiday season ends. christmas makes me happy tbh, i wish more people kept the ~holiday spirit~ going a bit longer than just until christmas day.

It's not long enough already? It's at least a solid month and now Christmas in July is a thing. Why not just do Christmas the whole year?

It's not long enough already? It's at least a solid month and now Christmas in July is a thing. Why not just do Christmas the whole year?
christmas in july is not a real thing, lol, at least not that i've ever seen. i mean, a handful of sales here and there at certain stores, but other than that i've never seen any celebrating or anything remotely resembling the real thing.

also, that "solid month" is all of december, and all of december would be up until new year's day, wouldn't it??? all i'm sayin is that the abrupt end to all the christmas spirit stuff is kind of sad, that's all.

Last edited:
That reminds me. Does anyone remember that Disney Channel did Halloween in April?

christmas in july is not a real thing, lol, at least not that i've ever seen. i mean, a handful of sales here and there at certain stores, but other than that i've never seen any celebrating or anything remotely resembling the real thing.

also, that "solid month" is all of december, and all of december would be up until new year's day, wouldn't it???

No, the solid month includes the end of November. Which to me is already too long of a runway leading up to the holiday in my opinion, but at least it's before the holiday. But I guess where I'm coming from is that you've got to land the plane eventually and I don't see the point in waiting beyond the 25th to do it.

Christmas in July? Halloween in April? What's next, Easter in November? lol

(yes, I realize that not everyone celebrates Easter, but that's besides the point)

I don't do anything for Christmas before 24th and it will take a little while before I put everything back in the boxes because I'm lazy....and really don't feel like dealing with that.

I think we should celebrate Christmas when we like. This year I was tired and didn't feel like it, after an hour I had enough. One year, we did it in February or March, it was nice.

I don't celebrate New Year. Well if it were just for me, it would be Halloween all year long.

As diancie said, there is still 12 days of Christmas and the fact you aren't the one who is taking our lights down, we are lol. I keep mine up till New Year's and if someone doesn't like it, they are more than welcome to leave or not come to said home.

I don't do anything for Christmas before 24th and it will take a little while before I put everything back in the boxes because I'm lazy....and really don't feel like dealing with that.

I think we should celebrate Christmas when we like. This year I was tired and didn't feel like it, after an hour I had enough. One year, we did it in February or March, it was nice.

I don't celebrate New Year. Well if it were just for me, it would be Halloween all year long.

I second having Halloween all year long. Could even have spooky Valentine's Day and Christmas.

Back