• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter Generations

MHX(Monster Hunter Generations) talk?

I promised a hunting buddy of mine that I wouldn't watch any videos on MHX because it would spoil things for me and he didn't watch any,so he wants all of us to stay on the same knowledge level.Though he's read things on wikia about it.

Decided to make this so we could have somewhere to talk about it,since I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it,lie what you look forward to,what you already know about the game,what do you want the game to bring back,etc :blush:

I know when the game comes out,I'm starting off with my main weapon I used in MH4U,the longsword.And when it comes out,if any of you guys want to add me so we can hunt together,feel free to PM me~ xx

Last edited:
The game is releasing in North America and Europe on July 15th. North America will get a limited edition blue New 3DS XL console, whilst Eurooe will get a red one. I'll post pics later.

No release date for Australia yet, though I expect one in a few hours, and given previous release patterns, will probably release July 16.

EDIT: Yes, Australia gets the game July 16th, and will getting the Red New 3DS XL.
PR also says that a demo will be available in the summer.

Last edited:
I haven't really tried playing any of the Monster Hunter franchise but this peak-ed my interest. Hoping to get this and not be distracted by other game titles.

Atleast it's not August, Can't wait to get my hands on this!!

Yeah, I hate August release dates. I'm glad a good amount of games are coming out in June and July to play over the summer.

That red one looks like a nice bad boy. I want it even though I have a n3ds xl already .. hah

And the localization blogs have started!

I'll just post the general info here, and link the blog below if you want to read it yourself;
- Localization planning of Monster Hunter Generations started in December 2014
- Monster Hunter Tribute and Monster Hunter Unity were two suggest localized names, before settling with Monster Hunter Generations
- Yukomo Village keeps its Japanese name
- Amatsumagatsuchi has simply been localized at Amatsu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/roundti...localization-notes-part-1---title-and-process

That's pretty much the only parts that I thought were worth posting. Next Friday a blog will be about the localization of new monsters.

Last edited:
Basically convinced my bf (who got me into the series) to get the new MH 3DS

we both pre ordered the game and I'm so excited to play it~~~

btw is it just me, or do the Prowlers seem weak next to Hunters?

Basically convinced my bf (who got me into the series) to get the new MH 3DS

we both pre ordered the game and I'm so excited to play it~~~

btw is it just me, or do the Prowlers seem weak next to Hunters?
Prowlers are less powerful than hunters, but they have more benefits and stuff which balances out the power difference. It's hard to explain but basically, Prowler mode is kind of like an "easy mode" that's user friendly for new players. For example, Prowlers don't have a stanima bar, and can also burrow underground to dodge attacks, allowing for easy invincibility frames.

I downloaded it a while ago and it didn't really feel much different to MH4. Just imagine that but with a few new towns, monsters and combat skills.

Localization blog 2 is up. Same as last time, I'll post the relevant points, and then link it at the end;
- Astalos's name was changed because they didn't want to give the impression of it being a petty insect.
- They went with the suffix "los" to start their brainstorming
- Other potential names for Astalos were Astralos, Fulgalos and Nitralos
- Astralos was the most popular name, but it didn't roll off the tongue very well, so thy dropped the r
- Maccao and Great Maccao kept their Japanese names because they already felt appropriately named
- They wanted an easier way to pronounce Rimosetosu, so they focused on the Japanese origin, the romanization, and changed the reference for whale in the name, to come up with the name Larinoth

And to end, some reference art for Astalos, Maccao, Great Maccao and Larinoth

1adea11e164fbbddc7a2fd009bab66b7.jpg
10b40c60c2dc7cf4b245dda35fbe7b65.jpg
f76edc5d59d7e7dff41dd1d37cb88ca1.jpg

http://www.capcom-unity.com/roundti...on-notes-part-2---astalos-maccao-and-larinoth

Last edited:
i think i sorta love the new monsters ... especially the great maccao and astalos! i'm also extremely excited for the DLC. is there a full list of the dlc MHG has obtained / will be getting somewhere?

bVScF9Y.jpg

If you're in Europe, I believe you can download the demo on the eShop, or get one from the website by signing in with you Nintendo Account
If you're in NA, there are early access codes being sent out, where select people will receive two codes, one for them, and one for a friend.
For Australia, early codes are being sent out, but it's sadly only one per person.
So basically if you're in Europe, you can get it no problem. If you're in NA, you can look for a friend to get you one, and if you're in AUS, then it's going to be hard unless you got the email. Demo will be out on the eShop in NA/AUS June 30th.

Feel free to use this thread to try find a demo code, or to find someone to play with if you've already got it. If anyone wants to play with me, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Been busy but here is localization blog 3:
- Beruna Village is now Bherna Village. They didn't like the romanization of the JPN name, they felt Beluna reminded them of Beluga whales, and Beruna reminded them of the Beach Boys, Komoto song (lol). But they liked Beruna better than Beluna so they chose that, and went with Berna, but since that was too similar to the Switzerland city Bern, so they added an h and came up with the name Bherna
- Wycademy was chosen because they needed a short name, and they went off the trend in MH4U where they added the "Wy" prefix to names such as Wyceum and Wycoon to come up with Wycademy
- Gathering Hall is now known as the Hunters Hub. They felt the need to change the name since the online area for MHGen is an outdoors area, so the word "hall" wouldn't really make sense. They were going to go with the word Gathering Camp but since there's already a Base Camp on the maps they didn't want to confuse players, so they swapped Camp out with Hub, and then decided to add some alliteration, thus the creating of Hunters Hub
- Skipping over Hunter Arts because I don't really care or understand them as of now. Basically they romaized them all, except for Bushido, because it felt too Japanese-esue, and then went with the name "Shadow" but felt it sounded too Ninja life, so they went with Adept.
- Gamuto is localized as Gamoth. They used the romanization as a base, and simply changed the second part of the JPN names origin (originally mammut, the genus for mastodon) to mammoth, thus the creation of Gamoth
- Hororohoruru was changed to Malfestio for obvious reasons (the romanization was too off for an English name). They then tried to name it off it's characteristics, and came up with the words Sonotus, Strikkua, and Notrios (which were all derived from words like “sleep” and “sorcery” in different languages and various scientific owl names). Eventually they settled on the words maleficus (Latin for wicked), jester, and asio (a genus of owls), and came up with the name Malfestio
- Muufa was just romanized to Moofa because they felt the name already fit the monster (mutton and fur) and felt there was no reason to change it.

Sadly no concept art in this one, just official art, so I won't bother to post it, but you can check out the full blog below. Next blog will go up next week and will talk "about more good stuff and go into detail about localizing the all-new Deviant Monsters!".

http://www.capcom-unity.com/roundti...n-notes-part-3---gammoth-malfestio-and-moofah

Localization blog 3, only one left after this one:
- Tamamitsune is Mizutsune. They wanted to keep the Japanese feel to it, but felt the Japanese romanization was too much. They started out with Mitsune (the ending of it's name) and went from there.
- Treasure-Clad Uragaan is now Crystalbeard Uragaan - wanted to highlight the crystals on it, and felt they were most prominent on its jaw. Names such as Crystaljaw, Gemjaw, and Gembeard were also considered, but they wanted to avoid the word "jaw" as they felt it made it feel vulnerable.
- One-eyed Yian Garuga is now Deadeye Yian Garuga - were going to keep the original name, but wanted to emphasize that this monster wasn't born with one eye, it lost it in a fight. They also liked the name Scarface Yian Garuga, but wanted to avoid the association with the movie.
- Rough Hook Claw Tigrex is now Grimclaw Tigrex - wanted to use "Hardclaw", but there is already a Tigrex material named after the Hardclaw. They thought up of the names Steelclaw and Cruelclaw, but liked Grimclaw because of it's association with the Grim Reaper.
- Gold Thunder Prince Zinogre is now Thunderlord Zinogre - used it's direct translation as a base, and then tried other names with it. Thunderclap, Thunderbolt, and Goldspark were also liked, but they went with Thunderlord as it felt most true to it's origin.
- Great Snow Master Lagombi is now Snowbaron Lagombi - they liked Snowlord but since they already used Lord in Zingore's, they didn't want to reuse it, thus came up with Snowbaron. They also liked the name Snowstorm, but wanted to keep a "master" feeling to it.
- White Gale Nargacuga is now Silverwind Nargacuga - went through other quick and fast words, and came up with Raxorwind and Silverwind, they ultimately went with the former as they felt it matched Nargacuga better.
- With naming Prowler's, they wanted something similar to how they named Palico's. They said most of their ideas were really bad, so they decided to change their base, by using the word Hunter instead, and thus Prowler was made.

The other 6 Deviant's + Glavenus will be in the next (and final) blog post

http://www.capcom-unity.com/roundti...art-4-mizutsune-deviant-monsters-and-prowlers

We made it to release date!

If anyone wants to find others to hunt with, feel free to use this hunt. As for me, please give me like a week to get my stuff together before asking me to hunt online :)

Anyone playing MHX/MHGen?

I can't stop playing this. I'm really glad they fixed a lot of the hitboxes in this game (I'm not getting hit when I shouldn't anymore hooray), and I love that you can play as a palico now. There are a lot more weapon options and play styles now, too, but I'm still playing sword and shield xD

Last edited:
Back