• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter Generations

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
jNZoo1L.jpg

Monster Hunter Generations (known as Monster Hunter X in Japan) has officially been announced by Nintendo in their latest Nintendo direct. The game is set to release in the west during the summer of 2016. Check out the announcement trailer below!

Contained within the below spoiler are various promotional videos and collab-DLC announcement, including a special Fire Emblem crossover, allowing the player to play as Marth, or the Okami crossover, by competing a special DLC quest. Feel free to check them out!

Last edited:
how many new amiibos will there be where half the content will be gates unless you have them

how many new amiibos will there be where half the content will be gates unless you have them

None because it's the localized version of a game that's been out in Japan for 6 months and there is no amiibo support in the original Japanese game.

Ah, I was happy to see this pop up in the direct, simply cannot wait for it to release!

I'm looking forward to this :D

I hope playing as a Felyne is like playing as a regular human (in that you can keep crafting new gear, different weapons, etc) rather than like a pre-set novelty I'll use for an hour then forget about. I'll play as one permanently if it's viable.

Some localizations and images;

Great Maccau is now Great Maccao (thus the Maccau minion is most likely Maccao)
Dinovaldo is now Glavenu
Raizekusu is now Astalos
Gamuto is now Gammoth
Tamamitsune is now Mizutsune
Named Variants are now called Deviants
Ruinous Hook Claw Tigrex is now Grimclaw Tigrex
Violet Poison Princess Rathian is now Dreadqueen Rathian

Bishido Hunting Style is now Adept
Nyanta Hunting Style is now Prowler
Guild, Striker and Ariel stay the same

New area names
Beruna Village is now Bherna Village
Ancient Forest is now Jurassic Frontier

Some areas from previous generations seem to have gone through name changes, too
Forest and Hills is now Verdant Hills
Snowy Mountains is now Arctic Ridge

Mss56IS.png
P3gImmJ.png
EGJDrSk.png
n5k8CCh.png
YLkjgDU.png
YG2MFuD.png

of course, the best news out of this is that we'll finally get a localized name for amatsumagatsuchi

Last edited:
Wow, pretty fast localisation for Capcom. Was expecting it to be at least a year with their other releases. Sales must have been good with 4U, let's just hope for Capcom that they manage to make it as successful in the West as 4U and continue to take us seriously.

ugh is this a bad time to get MH4 now? XD

Not at all, although depending on how much time you play it, 4 could last you up to release. From what I've seen it'll have quite a few different monsters in it, including ones from the older games, as well as a few from 4 - it was the strongest in the franchise along with Unite, so could get it for cheap and decide from the gameplay whether Generations is for you. :) The online multiplayer still remains quite strong, so it's well worth playing.

ugh is this a bad time to get MH4 now? XD

No because the two games are completely different, so you're fine. You can also transfer data from 4U over to Gen so it's worth getting. It's also a really good game so there's that too.
Only problem is that it's a pretty lengthy game. I've clocked in about 500 hours in 4U and I'm still not finished. So since Gen is coming out in the summer you probably won't complete the game before it releases.

No because the two games are completely different, so you're fine. You can also transfer data from 4U over to Gen so it's worth getting. It's also a really good game so there's that too.
Only problem is that it's a pretty lengthy game. I've clocked in about 500 hours in 4U and I'm still not finished. So since Gen is coming out in the summer you probably won't complete the game before it releases.

oh ok haha thanks i just tend to get DLC and stuff since im spoiled :p

Last edited:
CdEMIUhWEAA-Nml.jpg

Not sure if I like this more than the PAL/JPN 4U box art. It's p good.

New trailer showing off the Prowler gameplay

Last edited:
This game just keeps looking better every time new footage comes out

i cant flippin wait 'till this comes out!!!!

Back