• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Suggestion: RP Threads should have their own section of the forum.

That Zephyr Guy

crouton.net
Bells
Peach (Fruit)
Sakura Easter Egg
Easter Egg
The suggestion is simple, Roleplay threads should be given their own section of the forum because them being hosted in the basement presents two problems.

The first being, the basement is very "spammy", while roleplay threads generally are not, so it can be very easy for a roleplay to be buried underneath a plethora of ask threads and counting threads.

Secondly, it's very disorganized. The previously mentioned problem of these threads being buried only adds to this. Sometimes it can be difficult to find new roleplays because not only do you have to dig for one, but you also have to either bump it frequently (or risk it being buried), or have it catch traction very quickly. This could be super easily fixed by having a section for ongoing RP, and a section for RP signups. (This would mean two separate threads as it'd be unreasonable to expect the mods to move threads all the time).

Roleplays, in my opinion anyway, don't really feel like they belong in the basement in the first place. The basement to me feels like a section of the site where users can post what they want disregarding post quality rules, and that's fine, but a disregard for post quality and roleplay cannot go hand in hand, and many people who frequent RP look down on low-effort posts.

A section dedicated to RP threads would essentially moderate itself in terms of post quality because people who become known for low-effort RP likely wouldn't be allowed to RP. (Not being accepted into sign-ups)

As a bonus, adding this section to the site might even encourage more people to try it out, and increase the overall quality of RP on the site at the same time.

This wouldn't even be hard to implement. It'd take like, 10 minutes tops in the Vbulletin control panel.

Last edited:
Ehhhh not really. Mafia got its own subforum (aka The Cellar) and hardly anyone has touched it since. Theres still people who play it, its just died down a lot since it got the subforum. In fact, it was more popular when there wasn't the subforum and it was just people making the games in The Basement.

So making a subforum for RP's isn't the best idea to be honest with you.

Coming from somebody who joined after that change was implemented, I think that's because mafia looks very inaccessible.

I know how to play the game, but even with that knowledge I wouldn't even know how to go about joining any of them because of how all over the place it looks to somebody who doesn't frequent that part of the site. Imagine how insane it looks from somebody who doesn't even know how to play.

Maybe you guys could make a stickied thread for that? I digress though, that's a topic for a different thread.

Last edited:
Given the...lack of quality...for the RPs we have here, I'd say they don't need their own forum.

My intention is to increase the quality of RP on here by making it more accessible, so that reasoning is kind of invalid.

Last edited:
My intention is to increase the quality of RP on here by making it more accessible, so that reasoning is kind of invalid.

I don't follow how giving RP threads their own board would increase the quality of life for them.

That said I'm pretty sure we've had many failed attempts at RP boards in the past, some of which because someone decided people should pay for a key to access the "beta" board.

I agree with Zephyr. On a previous forum I was on, it had its own fanfiction board, so people could post their own work and stories onto that section, and it proved to be highly successful. Yes, there were some fanfics on there that weren't anything amazing (but then again that's subjective as it is), HOWEVER a lot of people contributed to the board and it was incredibly popular. RP threads were also allowed there too and as someone who never really knew much about RPing, reading the threads inspired me so I ended up joining in too, which was a lot of fun. I haven't RP'd in ages but I would love to give it a try again, however I suppose with the RP threads being chucked into the basement, it feels perhaps a bit 'inaccessible' since in a lot of RPs it's usually the same groups of people sticking together so it feels awkward for an 'outsider' to come and join in. But like Zephyr said, maybe having an RP section would encourage more people to get involved, it gives people a chance to read each thread without them being bumped off of the first page, and if they like the sounds of it then they can make their own RP too or join in with other ones.

Also, if post quality is such an issue, then maybe there could also be an age limit on some RPs - for example only allowing people over a certain age to join in with that thread.

Also, if post quality is such an issue, then maybe there could also be an age limit on some RPs - for example only allowing people over a certain age to join in with that thread.

i thought rps had an inherent upper age limit. like who actually rps after they hit puberty lmao

I agree too. I RP a a lot on Instagram based off a book series, and the name of the clan I am in happens to be Zephyrclan c: . Now on IG, there is the good, and the bad. The bad just lets anyone sign up like this: male/16/need gf/hot and sexy/all ladies want
The good have Sign ups. Zephyrclan is one of the highest ranking clans with about 3.2k followers and 70-80 members. The sign ups make it easier for people to join, increasing the quality of good roleplayers. This could be done the same here with making it easier to access with its own section.

as much as i like rping on here, i don't think having a section of the forum for rps is a good idea. there's never that many rps going on in the basement, so if there was a section for rps it'd probably end up being pretty inactive like the mafia section is.

i thought rps had an inherent upper age limit. like who actually rps after they hit puberty lmao

Actually I know quite a few people who RP'd and are older than like 12/13, I think it mostly just depends on what the RPs are about really. If the topics are engaging and solid enough for people to interact with then I think anyone can join.

To be honest, although I enjoyed RPing back in may, the quality of them has dropped, and even if we put an age limit people will just lie :/

To be honest, although I enjoyed RPing back in may, the quality of them has dropped, and even if we put an age limit people will just lie :/

Sometimes it's very easy to distinguish someone's age from the way they act.
for example i'm 5

Bumping this suggestion because after 30 minutes my RP is already on the second page of the basement and that's actually incredibly frustrating.

Not to mention there's been a few new people interested in RP with just the creation of a single RP so having them all neatly archives would likely make RP significantly more popular than before.

Last edited:
There'd probab!y be more if they didn't get buried in under an hour.

Besides, making a sub forum takes about 5 minutes of effort. Vbulletin isnt difficult to use.

I'd really like a RP section, but the mods probably won't do it - that's why I'm just saying 'nah'. xD

Back