• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What car do you drive/own?

I was looking into getting one in January, I sat in one and it felt pretty nice but the inside was all plastic-y and my dad didn't feel very safe sitting in it since he's a tall dude and he felt if someone crashed into his side of the car he would just be dead in an instant. I'm not really sure what it's safety ratings were but I really liked the look of it and I have a lot of friends with Elantras that love them. I'm sure they're good cars, and have a good price.

My mom has a hyundai tuscon so i understand the plastic feel but honestly it doesn't really bother me. Guess I'll just have to look at it in person.

My mom has a hyundai tuscon so i understand the plastic feel but honestly it doesn't really bother me. Guess I'll just have to look at it in person.

Yeah, it all comes down to personal preference. It's tough looking for cars so good luck!!

I own a PT Cruiser with fancy wood paneling. OOBBY.
Chick magnet.
P1170679.JPG

Good way to let the a holes know to be patient.
Normally I can tell when someone is driving a stick though. XD

Yeah, it made people back up off me, haha.
Now I just threatening roll back and forth at stop lights to keep people from riding my ass. Works like a charm and is super fun, haha!

I drive a 2014 Toyota Corolla and honestly I love it so much. It has pretty good mpg, I drive every single day to work and school and only fill up my tank once, maybe twice a month not even. It has a back-up camera too so that is really useful.

I actually really wanted a mini-cooper but my mom doesn't think they're safe to drive because of how small they are lol

Last edited:
I drive a 2014 Toyota Corolla and honestly I love it so much. It has pretty good mpg, I drive every single day to work and school and only fill up my tank once, maybe twice a month not even. It has a back-up camera too so that is really useful.

I actually really wanted a mini-cooper but my mom doesn't think they're safe to drive because of how small they are lol
I can testify that Corollas are excellent. I drive a 2005 Corolla S and it still drives perfectly. The MPG is awesome as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm looking at a few Hyundai Elantra's. Anyone have any advice or stories about those?
I have driven a Hyundai Elantra and a Hyundai Elantra Touring (hatchback). I can promise that they're very good cars, with decent mileage and very good handling. My girlfriend drives an Elantra Touring, and she absolutely loves it.

Last edited:
I own a 2014 Toyota corolla Sport model and it's absolutely wonderful

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I have!! I wanted a beetle but fell in love with the corolla

I own a 2014 Toyota corolla Sport model and it's absolutely wonderful

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I have!! I wanted a beetle but fell in love with the corolla

Oh wow haha twinning! Though mine isn't the sports model. What color is yours?

I have a 2010 Hyundai Accent. It is a two door hatchback and it is adorable and I love it. It has adorable rear headlights.

i am 14 so i cant get a car yet but i want a peugeot. i want to live in lyon, where they are popular. my family has a mazda tribute. acura tslx, ford van, toyota camry, and we are getting an opal city van and a new lexus.

I have a cute little two-door, bright red, 2003 Hyundai Accent. The clear coat is starting to flake off in some places, and rust is starting to take hold, but I've been driving this baby since my third year in college and it's always gotten me where I needed to go. It's in pretty good condition, too, so unless something unthinkable happens, it should keep running until I get a "real" job and can afford to get a newer car.

It's funny: whenever we need to take it to the mechanic, before he does any work on it, he always says something like "You know....this IS a 13-year-old car......" like maybe we won't want to spend the money on it. He's got a point, but I'd rather spend $300 to fix this car than $1000+ to get a new (used) car.

Last edited:
I have a 2003 BMW 525i. I got in a minor accident about a month ago and the work would have been 7.5 grand (which is more than the car is worth - god bumpers are expensive) but the insurance/repair people somehow worked it out so I only had to pay my deductible. So yay! That means I don't have to use student loans/credit to buy another car! Just hoping this one holds out through my next degree. Anyways the crappy thing about BMWs is that you're basically stuck buying new parts from Germany if you need repairs so they're really not fun to maintain.

I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus Stationwagon and I have a deep, deep hatred for it. I can't park the damn thing anywhere cause it's basically a friggin boat and something is almost always wrong with it. My boyfriend drives a Ford Focus (2006 maybe?) and his car always has a ton of problems too. When I end up having to get a new car, I know I sure as **** will not be buying a Ford.

Had a 1991 Volkswagon Jetta as my first car and it was everything I had ever dreamed of (besides being a manual, although I grew to enjoy that) except for buying replacement parts. That was expensive and ultimately led to me getting the stationwagon (which was my grandma's before).

Back