Gaming Pet Peeves

I really hate how in Hyrule Warriors you're trying to take a keep that's super important and then all your allies retreat because the boss is too damn strong. -.-

Or when you heal your ally then go off and do your own thing and then two minutes later they need help again.

Remembered another one:

Kingdom Hearts and KH2...Donald is waaaay too liberal with potions (and any other healing item).

Get hit once, and I hear this:
"Here!"
...followed by my health being restored by the itty bitty amount I had lost.

Cue facepalming.

If you give Donald potions to hold, he'll use them on you each time you get a tiny scratch. It got to the point where I only gave him items to hold for boss battles, because he kept blowing through my supply on trash mobs within the first few steps of a world. He also burns through his healing magic like it's going out of style. >.>

I wish there was a way to adjust the settings so the AI won't throw a potion at me unless my health is below half.

Pay to win games and useless DLC.

Thisssssss. I feel like every mmorpg is pay to win now. If not they are monthly sub, which isn't entirely a bad thing, but it isn't the only game I play so I don't feel right spending $180 a year on it.

I have a strong dislike for cosmetic dlc when it seems a bit overpriced. One game I play has characters for like 5 dollars -on sale- by themselves. I might be being cheap but I think that is a little high for just a character.

Yeah, the only MMO I paid for was AQW but I have been playing that on and off since idk when even if I don't do it much nowadays

Also Japanese games getting digital releases only.

Like Samurai Warrior game. Oh EU you want it. Tough boobs digital only. Like. why do you even care freaking tw*t publishers.

Last edited:
When I pick up a common item in a game and the game pauses to give a description of the item no matter how many times I have collected the item.

*fires rocket launcher in Halo 3 at enemy team while teammate jumps in the way*
Narrator Voice: Betrayal!
*gets booted*

*fires rocket launcher in Halo 3 at enemy team while teammate jumps in the way*
Narrator Voice: Betrayal!
*gets booted*

When a guy keeps trying to team kill you but you never get the option to boot them, yet the moment you decide to shove a plasma grenade up his arse you get kicked instantly.

When a guy keeps trying to team kill you but you never get the option to boot them, yet the moment you decide to shove a plasma grenade up his arse you get kicked instantly.

Multiplayer logic.

Also ridiculously expensive healing items in regard to what you earn in credits.

Not in the games but, sequence-breaking speedruns(cheating or exploiting the game code to get that super fast time; example: warping Young Link from the Deku Tree to the end of the battle with Ganondorf so that you beat Ocarina in only 20 minutes).

Permanently missable items (like the master ball in the original Ruby/sapphire) Or when it's an ultimate weapon that has a very low drop rate from enemies that are only around for a limited time (aka the sword of kings)

Day One DLC

I don't mind DLC if it comes out a few months after the game is released. I always thought DLC could be used to bring more players back to it as the appeal of the original game wore off. Day One DLC is just buying the buns and patty of a hamburger and then having to pay for the lettuce, tomatoes, etc. which should have already been in the damn thing for free! Why are you selling an unfinished game? Oh right...MONEYS

Permanently missable items

Augh.

Yes.

Yeeessss.

There is nothing worse than trying to 100% an older RPG, they were the worst at this. I've played Skies of Arcadia countless times, following a guide, but I've never opened "all" the treasure chests, and many of them are gone forever if you miss it, so I've never 100%'d it.
But even modern games have this problem. And it is such a huge pain in the ass, especially when those items contribute to a "collect every item" achievement.

What kind of sadistic asshat puts that kind of an achievement in a game with a handful of items you could miss and they'll be gone forever. I don't have time for this kind of tomfoolery.

Permanently missable items (like the master ball in the original Ruby/sapphire) Or when it's an ultimate weapon that has a very low drop rate from enemies that are only around for a limited time (aka the sword of kings)

Yup. I can definitely relate to these. I would always hate it when I missed an audio recording or upgrade machine in Bioshock because you can't go back unless you loaded an old save. Then for Destiny before I stopped playing I would repeatedly do raids to try and earn the Vex Mythoclast, but never succeeded.

In fighting games where the men are covered in armor but the females have nothing but a bikini or barely anything on that would protect them from a weapon

100% completions. and the worthless rewards for accomplishing them.
The original Metroid Prime always annoyed me with this.

Like every JRPG out there. And when you only get one of those items, like certain crafting items and you must give up or play a NG+ up to the boss again.

Also Final fantasy Tactics, in the advance version when you had to trade to get doubles (like the black thread thing) to even complete it.

Sorry I never had that many friends and certainly not those with GBA and the game.

Back