• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Gaming Pet Peeves

like the two up there, low health beeping sounds. omg, especially in zelda.

Oh god yes. It's like dude I know I'm down to a few hearts you don't have to add beeping noises I'm sure most people can hear/see it anyways.

Unskippable Tutorials. It's like "I've played previous games in tge series. I know what I'm doing" (I'm looking at you Pokemon)

OMG, yes.

I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow in freak'n grayscale colors...I know how to catch a freak'n pokemon, thanks.

Story of Seasons is guilty of a super lengthy tutorial, too. I've played other games in the franchise...I know how to use a hoe, an axe, a watering can, etc. The only thing I believe they had in there which wasn't in previous games was diving in the river (at least, I don't recall it in A New Beginning...been a while since I played it).

Unless a franchise is completely new, there should be an option to skip the tutorial. Fantasy Life sort of does it (after doing your first Life quest, you can skip any other quest, which is also a tutorial, and just get the license), but other games? Yea...not so much.

More like the fans, but those who thinks you should need every animu consoles (ps vita, ps3, ps4) in order to be like a true gamer or whatever. sorry dude.. delete me if you want but i dont judge you by platform..unless you are glued to your phone 24*7 that's one thing lol.

Games with sparse saving features. I really don't see the point of "save points", but they aren't always intolerable. However, then there are games like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon where it saves at the end of the mission. The game seemed enjoyable enough, but when I got stuck on a long mission and just wanted to turn it off and give my eyes some rest I had to turn it off, lose everything I had done in that mission, and haven't played it since. =/

Games with sparse saving features. I really don't see the point of "save points", but they aren't always intolerable. However, then there are games like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon where it saves at the end of the mission. The game seemed enjoyable enough, but when I got stuck on a long mission and just wanted to turn it off and give my eyes some rest I had to turn it off, lose everything I had done in that mission, and haven't played it since. =/

this. or if you save in the midst you need to re-do it anyways *cough* borderlands 2 *cough*

When you beat a game and it loads you to the last save point before the boss when you continue next time. I want it to feel like I beat the game the next time I continue. If I start from the last checkpoint it doesn't feel as satisfying exploring the game.

Back