Unpopular gaming opinions

Speedrunners that use exploits to skip parts of the game aren't impressive in the slightest.

Do they seriously do this? omg. What's the point of even publicly doing a speed-run if you're going to use exploits to skip parts altogether :/

Do they seriously do this? omg. What's the point of even publicly doing a speed-run if you're going to use exploits to skip parts altogether :/
The current Ocarina of Time speedrun record, to use an example, is like 17 minutes and some seconds. It's only that low because an exploit was used in order to skip 90% of the game.
The speedrunners also earn some pretty good cash doing this, which makes it even worse. There's people putting a lot of effort into beating games 100% legit and doing it quickly by finding the right route, equipment, attacks, and so forth, then there's these jokers.

Speedrunners that use exploits to skip parts of the game aren't impressive in the slightest.

Literally.

I just saw one the other day that blew up on all the game news sites and I knew what it was gonna be and it totally was;
GUY SPEEDRUNS CATCHING ALL ORIGINAL 151 POKEMON IN BLUE VERSION!!!!**

*he used dsum manipulation and a glitch

*closes entire browser turns off computer and runs outside over the horizon*

Obviously once I saw it said 151 it had to be glitched partially because Mew...

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's no logic in awarding these people with money for clipping through walls to the finish line.
Wow look at me go I can get to the end of the game by doing something to the game that was never intended to happen that makes me a winner. It's like driving on the wrong side of the street to get around traffic and telling people you got there the normal way.
Let me speed run Sonic Boom, where's my $10,000 reward

Agress with speedrunners, they are boring. It's like unless the game has obvious part you really don't wanna do.. don't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also annoying AI..like some mario kart, mostly the recent ones. and this senran kagura games. i mean it's meant to train you up for levels but when you are level 1 and the girl you are going against feels like lvel 9 smash character.(maybe more a bother/pet peeves but some game reviewers hardly touch on this)

Last edited:
idgi how some speed runners are all anti-cheating and then they exploit glitches in-game, which is like the epitome of cheating on a game

idgi how some speed runners are all anti-cheating and then they exploit glitches in-game, which is like the epitome of cheating on a game

and the epitome of speed-running itself. yes.

also i prefer fighting games on tv-consoles.. mostly playstation and if you have a stick, i dont like it to play SSF on computers. arcades are the best though

I don't understand how some people in general try to justify using exploits as "It's in the game, so it's not cheating because the game lets you do it" or similar logic to that.

It's just like, wow, *mind blown*, it's obvious that the game didn't actually intend for you to do that so it's cheating...I don't know how people manage to screw up such an easy concept like that in their own head.

So true. I don't like speedrunning is general. You miss all the good parts of the game.
I don't mind speedrunning in general, just the people that exploit the game's bugs. I used to do speedruns on MGS titles (which actually has rewards for speedrunning the game), and some people were so insanely good that they could beat the game in less than an hour on the highest difficulty setting.

That was before the exploits blew up in the community, and ever since then it's just gotten ****tier. Instead of using the game's systems in smart ways, finding fast routes, etc., it's now just about who can clip through a wall the fastest. No thanks.

I don't mind speedrunning in general, just the people that exploit the game's bugs. I used to do speedruns on MGS titles (which actually has rewards for speedrunning the game), and some people were so insanely good that they could beat the game in less than an hour on the highest difficulty setting.

This used to be me back in the day when I put waaaay too much time into the game...

In Mario Kart 8, on the new Rainbow Road, that one exploit (I guess you may call it) where the track splits after you use the cannon, and follow the guardrail-less road and when you get closer to the finish line, it then takes a sharp right on the upper level but everyone just goes straight and lands on the road below, does anyone think that really needs to be fixed or something? I use it too but you pretty much have to take the blind leap of faith or people WILL come up and probably pass you.
A few times I was miles ahead, didn't take the jump, still won 1st but the 2nd place person managed to come all the way up close just because I didn't take the jump. It doesn't look like its a secret jump, it feels like an accident that works for people.
Unpopular cause all y'all use that jump and love it even though it doesn't make sense when you look at the track layout. Lol

Last edited:
The existence of Blue Shells in the Mario Kart series. My god this is probably the most annoying thing in the world. It doesn't really benefit anyone who is playing besides the people who are close to the 1st place racer. So if you end up getting one at 8th place, toss it. and don't even acknowledge it. Not only that but its the biggest piss off in the world in Mario Kart 7. I feel as if they upped the amount of blue shells that appear and BY "CHANCE" there's always a blue shell being tossed at the very end of the race, screwing you out of 1st place. It took me ages to finish the star cup in MK7 because of that. First place? Hurhurhur blue shell into 8th.

Maybe that doesn't fall into the category of unpopular, but eh. I mean I don't understand the logic of having this item in the game, nor do I understand why some people actually like this god forsaken item. I don't know where people stand on the 7 in 1 item but I despise it as well. I'd much rather have the Bullet Bill over the 7 items and if someone crashes into you with a star (without yours being activated) there goes the entire power up.

EDIT: Though I do agree with a few of the posts here (the ones that I can relate to), I'm not a huge "dreamy" villager kind of person. If they leave, then I feel sad but I don't go through a 16 villager cycle to try and get them to come back. Nor do I ever pay for any of my villagers cause I'd rather have the bells for PWs then buy a villager.

Last edited:
In Mario Kart 8, on the new Rainbow Road, that one exploit (I guess you may call it) where the track splits after you use the cannon, and follow the guardrail-less road and when you get closer to the finish line, it then takes a sharp right on the upper level but everyone just goes straight and lands on the road below, does anyone think that really needs to be fixed or something? I use it too but you pretty much have to take the blind leap of faith or people WILL come up and probably pass you.
A few times I was miles ahead, didn't take the jump, still won 1st but the 2nd place person managed to come all the way up close just because I didn't take the jump. It doesn't look like its a secret jump, it feels like an accident that works for people.
Unpopular cause all y'all use that jump and love it even though it doesn't make sense when you look at the track layout. Lol

Most Rainbow Roads have shortcuts or glitches you can abuse, so eh.. I like it

Most Rainbow Roads have shortcuts or glitches you can abuse, so eh.. I like it

Not exactly, the exploits that existed before weren't this easy to spot, or this easy to execute. It's just the most obvious unintentional ramp jump ever where it's easier to jump that way instead of letting off the gas/barely making it around that sharp right.
I'm just kinda like ?????? that the better way is to leap instead of following the actual track LOL
I'd still mention it even if it wasn't on Rainbow Road :p If we were jumping off a suspicious ledge in Mario Circuit I'd still wonder wth is wrong.

Not exactly, the exploits that existed before weren't this easy to spot, or this easy to execute. It's just the most obvious unintentional ramp jump ever where it's easier to jump that way instead of letting off the gas/barely making it around that sharp right.
I'm just kinda like ?????? that the better way is to leap instead of following the actual track LOL
I'd still mention it even if it wasn't on Rainbow Road :p If we were jumping off a suspicious ledge in Mario Circuit I'd still wonder wth is wrong.
Actually they were.. especially 64 and the first Wii one, lol.

Back