• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Do you use your Masterball?

Yes I always use it on the main legendary and get super mad at myself when I face the others with only ultras.

For some reason, I've always been meaning to for any Pokemon but either I never get to the level where I finish the game or if I finish the game, I never get around to actually catching with the Masterball. I'm kind of hoping to change that when I replay some of the Pokemon games that I have and whatnot but not really if I'm being honest here.

Depends on which we're talking about.. I'll use mine on roaming Pokemon usually.

I haven't used my Master Ball in ages. I'm pretty sure I have a decent stockpile of them in the 4th Gen games and even won a few extra from the ID Lotto thanks to mass trading on the GTS.

I used it on Azelf in Diamond (my second favorite legendary behind Manaphy) and on Zekrom in White. Other than those 2, I save it.

I used it on Dialga in diamond because I didnt realise there was other legendary ones. Like stupid Mesprit who I hvent caught yet ):<

Also today I used it on Groudon because I couldn't get him into the ultra ball

No, pokeballs only.
I only use pokeballs, because if I want a pokemon then I don't want it to be in an ugly-ass ball like an ultra or master ball.

I like to find a Legendary Pok?mon and then watch someone walk up to the same on YouTube. This allows me to save literally one step before the battle (especially if it is a forced battle) and then reset if I use up all of my Ultra Balls.

I have only recently adopted this method of capturing Pok?mon.

I tried to use an ultra ball on Reshiram, but in the end, I had to resort to using my master ball.

Last edited:
Legendaries I'm fond of I'll try to capture in different pokeballs so they can have cooler pokeball animations. But if I'm in a rush I'll use a masterball. I caught Alpha Kyogre with a premier ball. I meant to get him in a dive ball but luck have you...

I find it's easier nowadays to catch the legendaries, I think they may have upped the catch rate on them or something. Usually I just head online and have my friends send me catching power to help me though, so I've still got my master ball in Y and Omega Ruby. Funny enough, I chucked a net ball at Yveltal, and caught it first try, guess it was just stupid luck, I didn't even have the catching power up at the time.

I never use them. I mostly just use quickballs to catch legendaries

No, I only use normal Pokeballs.

I might use it on deoxys but thats it.

I suggest u use it on him

I caught rayquaza with a nest ball he is a main part in the delta episode so he has a very low catch rate

I've only used a Masterball once IIRC. The rest of the game I have them still there as a sort of collectible.

I only use them where there's really no other option.

(Though, I'm going to freak out with Deoxys in Pokemon ORAS. It's the hardest legendary to catch of all time)

It gets tempting but nooo..I did one time though. In black I ran out of patience trying to catch Virizion so I resorted to using it.

Back