• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

I think that's mostly everyone's opinion. 4 never happened. Despite it being like 10 years after Toy Story 3, 4 had to be within the span of a year at the most. So Bonnie who loved Woody in 3 now hates him in 4 simply to propel the story? Writers are becoming such hacks in Hollywood.
That's honestly the least of my concerns with the film. I mean, it is absolutely contrived, but compared to the terrible use of legacy characters, the addition of new characters that are all horrible, and the sporadic and all-over-the-place nature of the script, Bonnie just randomly dropping Woody in an extremely short period of time is the least problematic aspect.

Akira (1988)

Very, very good. And watch it with original voices and sub for the sake of, well Akira.

That's honestly the least of my concerns with the film. I mean, it is absolutely contrived, but compared to the terrible use of legacy characters, the addition of new characters that are all horrible, and the sporadic and all-over-the-place nature of the script, Bonnie just randomly dropping Woody in an extremely short period of time is the least problematic aspect.
Oh yeah totally. I was just mentioning it because it was one of the things that just piled up on an already mediocre film. Like Buzz being completely out of character and stupid for the sake of the plot. Or the bunny and chicken plush bit that went on way too long.

i went to the cinema to see creed three last week which i actually enjoyed watching!
havent seen the other 2 so thought i wouldve been confused but it all makes sense

Flash-Gordon.jpg

I recently re-watched one of my favorite all-time movies,Flash Gordon(1980),but this time in lovely 4K.This movie hit all the right spots for me.....it's campy,colorful,over the top and has a great soundtrack by Queen.

Today I watched Princess Bride Home Movie on YouTube. I'm going to count this as a movie since it was based on a movie and just over an hour long. Created during quarantine for charity, a multitude of celebrities act out scenes from the movie Princess Bride. It was funny and cool to see so many different takes on the same characters. Some took it rather seriously, some just had fun, but it was a blast to watch all the way through.

Today I watched Princess Bride Home Movie on YouTube. I'm going to count this as a movie since it was based on a movie and just over an hour long. Created during quarantine for charity, a multitude of celebrities act out scenes from the movie Princess Bride. It was funny and cool to see so many different takes on the same characters. Some took it rather seriously, some just had fun, but it was a blast to watch all the way through.
I didn't even know that existed. I want to see it just to see how they recreated that intense man in a rat-suit fight.

I didn't even know that existed. I want to see it just to see how they recreated that intense man in a rat-suit fight.
Yes, that was a fun scene. Costumes and props seemed to be whatever the actors had on hand so they used everything from light sabers to feather dusters as swords. Stuffed animals and pets were incorporated as needed. It all turned out hilarious.

Jumanji: welcome to the jungle

I actually kind of liked it. I do feel like there are a few things that don't really fit but I get what the creators were trying to go for. I'd watch it again. There is a squeal to it I will one day have to watch because now I am just curious.
~~
I still think the original Jumanji is better but I wouldn't call the new one bad. Its just different. I think if the orginal didn't exist, the new one may come off a tad stupid but still an interesting storyline. But I also think if that was the case, there would have been some different choices and some things gone about differently too. I just feel like cursed or glitched video games would be better pulled off on some sort of VR neurological gear. (Yes I have seen animeS with that kind of story line and they are great)

We watched the School for Good and Evil last night. We liked it and thought they did a great job. It looks like they may do a sequel. I hope so.

i'm currently watching suicide squad with my husband. the original one that didn't get that great of a review. it's not... great, at least in my opinion. but having questionable movie choices playing in the background for my husband and i to watch is really nice.

I just finished watching Elvis for the first time and I enjoyed it :) I did not know much about Elvis at all but I really enjoyed it and learned alot :p

i’ve actually watched a few movies since i last posted in here, so i’m gonna briefly talk about all of them because i have Thoughts. i watched all of them at home. :)

everything everywhere all at once - i wasn’t really planning on watching this as it didn’t seem like the type of movie that would interest me (i say as i had no idea what it was about until i watched it), but i ended up watching it on prime with my mom, and i honestly loved it. it was a trippy, beautiful, heartbreaking and heartwarming movie, and i highly recommend it. the costumes were stunning (especially stephanie hsu’s), the relationships shown between the characters were devastatingly lovely at times, and michelle yeoh, stephanie hsu and ke huy quan’s acting was just… wow. i’m not articulate enough to explain just how beautiful this movie was, but 100/10. it deserves all the awards it won and more. <3

m3gan - the opening scene being a commercial threw me off for a moment since i honestly couldn’t tell if it was part of the movie or not LOL, but m3gan was alright. horror is one of my favourite genres, and this is one of the more interesting horror movies i’ve seen in a while. it wasn’t really scary, especially with megan singing and dancing at the most random times (her singing chandelier by sia as a lullaby haunts me 💀), but it was alright.

i saw the light - i actually forgot i watched this until i started writing this post lmao. i’d been wanting to watch it for a while (elizabeth olsen my beloved), and i was really excited when i saw it was on prime! the country music killed me a little, but tom hiddleston and elizabeth olsen having country accents made watching worth it lol.

winter’s bone - i’ve made it a goal of mine to watch as many of jennifer lawrence’s movies as i can, and someone i know who’s a big fan of her recommended this one. i really enjoyed it! it was fun noticing the similarities between it and the hunger games, and the relationship jen’s character had with her uncle was interesting. i’m glad i watched it. : )

red sparrow - another jennifer lawrence movie, except this one was gross lol. there were a lot of hard to watch scenes, and i generally just didn’t enjoy this one as much.

the whale - i was looking forward to this one when i first heard about it, but my excitement kind of died down when it actually came out and the reviews started coming in. i watched it anyways, and thought it was alright. kind of gross and hard to watch, but that might’ve been the point. brendan fraser acted his ass off, though.

i’m probably forgetting one or two, but those are the highlights lol.

Back