What's the last movie you've seen?

Enola Holmes 2

I enjoyed this one just as much as the first movie. I love how the movies work in real life civil rights movements with the focus on women and equality.

Watched 'I Think We're Alone Now' earlier today.

It stars Peter Dinklage as a man who believes he's the last man left after some sort of event wipes humanity from the earth. Then he meets Elle Fanning, and there is a twist at the end that I obviously won't spoil. - Anyway, it's a slow-burn kind of movie...which I always enjoy. I know these types of movies tend to bore people who expect something different. But, it was a good movie for my personal tastes.

Ikiru (1952)

One Kurosawa I haven't seen before (well there are probably others, but yeah lol) and I enjoyed it! :D

Black Widow
I was not particularly impressed by it, but it is still very good entertainment if you shut your brain down (I guess that is what most Marvel movies are about, and I enjoy them for this :) ).

dog day afternoon

it was very good! young pacino is such a powerhouse. it was also the only john cazale movie i had never seen, and what a track record that guy had. only ever being in five movies before his untimely death, and those five being the two godfather movies, dog day afternoon, the deer hunter and the conversation

I just watched South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut on Paramount+. I probably should've watched it right after finishing season 3 (I was wondering why some characters weren't there for a second before realizing they didn't exist until later seasons), but overall I don't think it affected anything. I loved the musical numbers (even though most of them weren't serious) and the movie was hilarious, I'd 100% watch it again.

Bakumatsu Taiyoden (1957)

Great flick, though the end was pretty weird honestly. But Frankie Sakai was a cutie, for sure.

(also yeah reason i write their OG titles is because a lot of them got swedish titles when localized most of the time and the japanese ones makes more sense).

Roman-Holiday-ROCCA.jpg

I saw Roman Holiday(1953)which featured two of my favorite actors from The Golden Age of Hollywood,Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.On the surface this movie looks like a fluffy romantic comedy that might not be worthy of any emotional investment but the two lead actors have such good chemistry(even though Gregory Peck was 13 years older than Audrey Hepburn at the time it was filmed)that it's easy to get drawn in.Audrey Hepburn won the Oscar for her portrayal of the Princess in what was her first lead role in a major motion picture.

I just finished watching a French film called Two of Us. It enjoyed it, though it was a tad slow in places, and despite the runtime, it felt like some characters could have been given more screen time or further development.

i saw kingdom of heaven, the long director's cut version

it was not very good. i like orlando bloom, but he feels completely miscast as a stoic leader of men. which is probably not further helped by being in a movie with some actors having the roles of their life. eva green, ghassan massoud (!), edward norton, liam neeson, and jeremy irons basically steal all the scenes they're in, but they're ultimately just chess pieces prancing around in a very forgettable plot.

My partner and I watched Love and Thunder today, which was... not as bad as I expected it to be. For some reason the Thor movies that everyone else hates I actually don't mind. The second one is my favorite of the four of them, though not my favorite in the grand scheme of the MCU...

I just finished watching the movie Pig with Nicholas Cage, an actor whom I usually enjoy for his expertise in chewing the scenery, but his role in this movie is so subtle and understated that I very nearly didn't even recognize him in the part. The movie's pacing and structure don't necessarily lend themselves to a traditional Hollywood format, but despite the trailers seeming to offer a premise far too absurd to possibly work, the entire movie is filled with such palpable emotion and pathos that I really can't recommend it enough.

latest.jpg

I recently watched Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.I remember seeing this in a theater back in 1978 shortly after it was released and thinking that the way a first communication with extraterrestrials was depicted in this movie seemed very plausible to me.Richard Dreyfuss and Melinda Dillon(The mom in A Christmas Story.Unfortunately she recently passed away)are great in this and I think this is one of Steven Spielberg's best films.

Last Friday, the Shudder streaming service had a Valentine's Day special for The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs entitled Joe Bob's Vicious Vegas Valentine. They showed Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge (1989, directed by Richard Friedman) and Nekromantik (1988, directed by Jörg Buttgereit). I'd never seen either before; Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge was a spin on the Phantom of the Opera, nothing remarkable but not bad, and I won't go into Nekromantik here on the forum since it's very NSFW and for mature, adult audiences only. A couple also got married by Joe Bob on the stream since they won a charity auction during the Christmas special back in December, so that was fun.

Yesterday, I revisited the original 1981 version of My Bloody Valentine from director George Mihalka.

Toy Story 4

And I still didn't like it and even after the announcement of Toy Story 5 it did nothing to make me hype for the movie.

I saw the new Puss in Boots movie, and absolutely loved it! Puss is obviously adorable, but the visuals in general are great too. The movie is stylized in an interesting way, reminiscent of Spider Man: Enter the Spiderverse. Lots of interesting colorful special effects, decent gags and an enthralling villain. It's honestly kind of a scary movie. I definitely recommend going to see it in theaters, it's worth the money!

Story of Cruella I think it's called. (Live action Disney movie) it was really good. Better than Maleficent. I'm a little surprised it didn't do better.

Back