• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
Everything that was presented before Happy Home Paradise is part of the free update, including the squeeze through halv squares
I am aware of this, but I didn't realize the half block movement was before the HHP announcement :)

I definitely am! I'm actually surprised at the poll results because I remember the large majority of people saying they'd be VERY against paid DLC. I wonder what changed their minds. Just the good looking content?
imo some things can be warranted as paid DLC and others can't. fans would prob be against it if the DLC was for things that were given for free in the previous games (like the Roost) but since this DLC is almost an entirely new/separate game, paying for it is reasonable.

I'll def be buying it, I bought HHD a few years ago and I still love playing it to this day :)

I'll be purchasing the Happy Home Paradise DLC, yes, but I'll be honest that this move to paid DLC makes me apprehensive about supporting the series moving forward. I own New Horizons and I can get benefit from stuff like the partitions they're adding, but if they're going to make this a trend moving forward, and they no doubt are since update 2.0 has been announced to be the last major free update, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Nintendo in general has felt more moneygrubby since Iwata's death and the change in leadership thereafter and it feels like we pay more for less than we got when online was free on the DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U. I'm not against the developers getting paid for more work and I've paid for DLC before and I'll pay for it again in other games, but the whole Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass and how they make older games only available with an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription, when we used to have a larger library of classic games to pay individually for and play via Virtual Console, I think the whole situation sucks. This has more to do with Nintendo at large than Animal Crossing New Horizons itself, but New Horizons at release and up to now has felt barren in some regards compared to New Leaf. I feel like we're getting less bang for our bucks, especially since there's no minigames or really much of anything to do with friends online in New Horizons.
I agree with you, but I actually really like this DLC since happy home designer used to be a separate full price game. It's connected to the main game and priced pretty fairly.
I really don't like the online, though. Maybe I'll try to split the family plan with people.

Last edited:
I've been wanting HHD for switch since months back so this is a definite buy. Apart from what others have mentioned already, I also love being able to now decorate your villagers' houses. I have drove some villagers away just because their house interiors looks so un-aesthetic 😂

yes, and i'm glad it's dlc instead of a separate game. i enjoyed hhd, so i'm looking forward to this!

Yes, but I’m torn between buying the DLC outright vs going for the NSO upgrade. I’ll probably do the NSO upgrade, as I have a lot of nostalgia for N64, but I’m a little worried for what that will mean for my DLC access when NSO eventually shuts down. I guess I could always buy it separately later if need be. I have a family plan (for myself, mostly), so it’s somewhat expensive, but I guess I could use the DLC across different profiles that way.

Either way, I definitely want the content. I really liked HHD and have been hoping for a sequel.

Yes! It’s a good price and I’m glad it’s part of Animal Crossing and not a separate game. I’m excited.
The only reason I have Nintendo’s Online is for online play. So my money is better spent just buying the DLC, rather then playing for free with the Nintendo Online expansion. Plus that way I always have it just in case Nintendo Online isn’t a think anymore.

If anyone isn’t getting it, I mean you would be missing out oh some game play right? You’ll need the dlc to do the vacation home decorating. And you need to do so many of those before you can redo your villagers homes on your island. So if you don’t get the dlc, you’ll be missing out. If you can’t afford it, maybe you can ask for it for Christmas or something. :p

I'm really looking forward to it, but for anyone who hasn't played HHD before, I would emphasize there is not much to the gameplay beyond designing interiors and exteriors.

If HHP is like HHD, there isn't a rating or scoring system or much of a game element, it's just designing with a large catalogue and some light dialogue interactions.

Last edited:
absolutely! i’ve never played happy home designer, nor do i really care all that much about villager interiors, but this looks way too incredible to pass up! i’m so excited. 😊

I will! I never played Happy Home Deisgner, but this looks cute and fun. The fact that we'll be able to remodel villager homes on our island as well as use the new techniques we learn in our own home is also too good to pass up on!

I definitely am! It looks so fun and I always like Happy Home Designer, so I’m definitely giving this a try to have some extra things to do in the game. Plus, who can resist having extra features to design your own house when you come back from it? 🙂

I was expecting a new happy home designer to be a standalone game, and willing to pay standalone game prices, so to hear that it's an update to New Horizons instead, with a cheaper price than I was expecting, is amazing.

Can't wait to sit there like I did with Happy Home Designer on the 3ds and design every single villager's house :3

Definitely for me! It looks much more content-packed than HHD on the 3DS, with a lower price AND it's integrated with ACNH instead of being a separate game. When I saw the trailer title I thought it would be a separate game but upon watching the whole thing I was SO impressed. So excited!

Back