• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters

If this is like classic HHD you do not need amiibo; villagers will randomly show up for requests. From the trailer it looks like it works the same as the old version with random villagers just hanging in the plaza with thought bubbles. In the part they talk about amiibo invites they seem to phrase it in a way that supports how amiibo used to work in HHD in the past. Amiibo used to just let you immediately design for a specific villager without having to rely on RNG to have them show up.​

HHD didn't let you design houses for the NPCs without amiibo though. I have a feeling this will be the case for this DLC too. It would honestly make the NPC amiibos actually do more, so for the people who own amiibo that's a good thing.

HHD didn't let you design houses for the NPCs without amiibo though. I have a feeling this will be the case for this DLC too. It would honestly make the NPC amiibos actually do more, so for the people who own amiibo that's a good thing.

Oh yeah that was the only exception, I forgot to mention that. NPCs were always locked behind amiibo.

Agree with it being good for people with lots of cards though, the NPC cards specifically desperately need more uses given you get them in every pack of amiibo.​

yeah! but can someone explain to me how the dlc works if i get the family subscription of the expansion pack? do i get the dlc permanently, or will i lose access if i cancel the subscription next year?
saw someone say on twitter that if you lose access to the archipelago if you don't have NSO active, but you get to keep the new decoration methods for your island.

Absolutely! The price seems incredibly reasonable based on what we're getting: pretty much a separate game and updates to NH.

I'm not sure if I will do the extra NSO. I will definitely get the dlc because it looks nice and is a reasonable price. But what I don't get is why they couldn't do something like NH alone, NSO + alone, both combined.

Like why do people who don't own NH or want it have to buy something that will be useless to them? Also will we have to buy the dlc every year or lose it? I love Nintendo and NH, but this be some scummy business here.

If this is like classic HHD you do not need amiibo; villagers will randomly show up for requests. From the trailer it looks like it works the same as the old version with random villagers just hanging in the plaza with thought bubbles. In the part they talk about amiibo invites they seem to phrase it in a way that supports how amiibo used to work in HHD in the past. Amiibo used to just let you immediately design for a specific villager without having to rely on RNG to have them show up.​
oh thank you for this explanation! idk why but i assumed that you could only get certain villagers without the amiibos. im glad you dont need them to end up decorating for everyone c:

I will definitely be buying it! I loved HHD and this brings so much replay value to the game and so many new items and features... I'm thrilled. What a nice surprise. :)

What I don't know is how I'll purchase it. Not sure if it's best to upgrade my online family plan or just buy it outright.

I'm not sure if I will do the extra NSO. I will definitely get the dlc because it looks nice and is a reasonable price. But what I don't get is why they couldn't do something like NH alone, NSO + alone, both combined.

Like why do people who don't own NH or want it have to buy something that will be useless to them? Also will we have to buy the dlc every year or lose it? I love Nintendo and NH, but this be some scummy business here.

If you buy the standalone version, you will always have access, even if you cancel your NSO. I would suggest going that route honestly. Unless you're super excited about N64 or Genesis games, I don't see the reason to go expanded NSO right now anyway.

Yes! I never finished the HHD 3DS game and I always thinking about picking it back up to finish it, but now I won't need to.

I'm holding off on making a decision until I've read or seen exactly what this expansion includes. I like that we'll be able to remodel our houses and our neighbors' houses with the skills we pick up on this island resort or whatever it's called, but I don't know if I'll spend enough time designing houses to justify the price. At least it's a good thing that, apparently, everything that'll be behind a paywall isn't returning content from previous games. If I do end up purchasing the DLC, it'll be as a standalone, though.

@DJStarstryker Yeah thanks! I posted that before you quoted me the other time lol. That's what I would probably do anyway. Especially on account that I don't know if Nintendo would compensate us for our existing NSO. Like for instance I just renewed mine in September. So if I had to put out a full $50 for the +version I would be wasting 11 months of a sub.

Never played HHD, so it’s a yes from me. I don’t see myself playing it that much, but it is extra content that I can dive into whenever I see fit. It’d be nice just having it there anyway, for the variety factor. Plus, with the exclusive items you can buy, it’s awfully tempting.

Abso-freaking-lately!! I was excited just from having HHD back at all, but now we’ll be about to recustomize our villagers homes too?? Cmon, I’d be crazy to pass any of that up. Especially with the new partitions and stuff, this is a dream come true. Because I honestly don’t like some of their houses lol.

were it not for the in-game application, i wouldn't be buying it. hhd was really cute, but i only played it 3 times maybe so i know realistically, i wouldn't get much use out of it. buuuuuuuut i need all this on my island so yes, i'm buying it asap lol

I loved Happy Home Designer, and the DLC adds so much stuff on top of what is essentially a sequel to that game that I will definitely be buying it!

Yes, I liked the original Happy Home Designer game and I am loving all the new features and furniture. This seems like a nice way to have more villagers without actually filling/ crowding up the original island. The partition is something I’m really looking forward to.

Back