• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's your opinion on forced auto save?

im not really happy about it but im not mad about it either. it hasnt really impacted my ability to time travel and stuff. my only real grievance is the fact that we have to rely on it when playing in other peoples towns because the "save and continue" feature has been removed, which has definitely contributed to me losing stuff when connections go awry. i wish it were optional like in most other games but i understand why they didn't do that.

I'm honestly paranoid about it because god forbid my switch turns off while its auto saving it has a chance to corrupt the data.

Otherwise I guess it's fine? I save and quit every night anyway so I rarely notice it.
That can happen? 😰

I'm honestly paranoid about it because god forbid my switch turns off while its auto saving it has a chance to corrupt the data.

Otherwise I guess it's fine? I save and quit every night anyway so I rarely notice it.
This is why I never liked auto saving in any game.

I'd rather lose 2 or 3 hours of progress than the save file. And believe me, I know how painful that thing can be.

The only thing I don't like is not been able to save and continue while hosting my other island. A few times it auto saved when I was trying to quit the game.

I mean it’s never really directly affected me however i feel as though it kinda makes life a lil difficult for some like sometimes you can do something and you’d wanna go back but you can’t because the game auto saved but I mean it’s not the worst thing in the world like if your switch dies and you didn’t save you haven’t spent 3 hours doing stuff for no reason, you spent 3 hours doing stuff that was necessary and improving your town which got cut off early rather than it all being deleted. So in my opinion some elements of it are good but on the contrary some elements of the auto save are bad. I think you should be able to decide whether auto save is on or off like on a lot of other games whereby you get to make that decision yourself

As I don't TT, I don't really care. I mean, it's okay because in previous games you had to press start to manually save if you didn't want to lose your progress, but maybe saving every 2 or 3 minutes is a little bit too much. I think it's funny your game automatically saves every two minutes when you're playing on your own but it takes like 10 minutes to save in multiplayer mode, when a communication error could ruin everything.

I kind of like it, though I do save manually before going off anyway so it's kind of like...I don't really care that it's there, I guess.

Yeah I agree there should be an option to disable it like in other switch games. But honestly I haven’t been that bothered at this point since there’s no need for plot or villager resetting in this game.

It just feels natural now. The positives outweigh the negatives.

I'm grateful for it. I've too often lost hours in a video game due to forgetting to save.

I'm pretty glad they added it. I wish it was more obvious when an auto save is going to occur rather than it being pretty random. I wish it was more active and effective when visiting other peoples islands though.

I don't mind it. Especially since my game crashed yesterday and autosave saved me from losing A LOT of progress. But yeah. Sometimes I wish it wouldn't exist, especially when I'm about to do experimentation with landscaping by tearing something down or modifying things that I have no idea how it'll turn out, I would have loved to be able to just reset if it didn't work out the way I intended. However, I'm not too bothered with living with my mistakes.

I love it because now I don't have to worry about saving myself, or the game crashing and me losing progress.

I haven't really had any problem with the auto-save yet, but I generally don't like it, makes me feel like I'm not free (couldn't explain why haha)
I'm also kind of used to games where an auto-save happens right before an "important" event, so anytime I see the icon appearing in ACNH my brain just automatically perpares for a cinematic or an enemy to appear which is kind of stressful lol

Back