• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What’s the last book you finished?

I've heard good things about this as well! I meant to see if my local library had it yesterday but it slipped my mind. I'll have to look into it more later.
I read it through my local library so hopefully yours has it! I feel like libraries are usually pretty good about having popular books like that

Just finished Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It was overhyped in my opinion, but I've been more into historical fiction lately.

I’m not for sure the last one I finished, I have a bad habit of reading a book and stopping over time and never finish it. But I’m currently rereading The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury.

White Noise by Don DeLillo. I have more Don DeLillo novels coming in the mail now, because I enjoyed it so much!

I finished Blood Child and Other Stories by Octavia Butler. Overall it was a solid collection. Unlike many authors, she was just as proficient at writing short stories as with novels. There was one realistic fiction story I felt like contrasted too much with the rest of the collection though.

Just finished the last book in the Selection series, by Kiera Cass! It’s kind of like the Bachelor, but with the girls trying to win over the prince, and a lot more drama (that isn’t 100% romance related, with “adult” themes
abuse, lots of violence
). I felt this book was a good conclusion to the trilogy, I couldn’t put the thing down! Overall a good romance series, if it were more popular I’d love some spinoffs to see how some of the other characters ended up.

I finished The End of Loneliness by Benedict Wells. The plot was so predictable that I could’ve swore I saw the exact same story elsewhere. At the same time the writing and translation are so beautiful that I can overlook it.

Normal People by Sally Rooney. It was a raw take on how adolescent relationships develop and change throughout the years. The writing style gave me Requiem for a Dream vibes only a lot easier to read.

Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner. I already liked her band’s newest album and the fact she grew up in my home state is pretty cool. Seeing someone describe places I’ve been to in a memoir was surreal. Her relationship with her parents was interesting to read about too.

Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner. I already liked her band’s newest album and the fact she grew up in my home state is pretty cool. Seeing someone describe places I’ve been to in a memoir was surreal. Her relationship with her parents was interesting to read about too.
My friend loaned me this one after I joined him to see her band live on a whim a few months ago. Glad to hear someone besides him say it is good!

I recently finished Cursed Bunny by Bora Chung (translated from Korean). 🐰

It's a collection of short stories that range from horror to sci-fi to magical realism. They feel like fables, like weird folk stories your weirder grandpa might tell you. At first I felt like they relied too heavily on gimmickry (the first story is about a woman stalked by a talking head that lives in her toilet), but as I kept reading I felt more heart, substance, sorrow, and wisdom baked into the seemingly absurd tales.

Overall, I'd recommend it. I like her writing, which gives the sense that someone is literally sitting beside you and telling a story. My favorite short story was "Cursed Bunny" itself, but I was quite fond of the entire collection by the end.

I've read a book... a really incredible little book, a classic of literature! The English title is "Reunion" by Fred Uhlman.
Sinopsys: two sixteen year olds, Hans Schwarz, of Jewish origin, and Konradin von Hohenfels, son of a wealthy German family: a deep friendship will be born between them, one will become indispensable for the other and vice versa. After a year, their bond will break, and events will separate them.

This book helped me understand the importance of a true friend, one who understands you, who you can trust, a fixed point in the midst of an "opaque and colorless crowd", who today, even if we have one, we often underestimate its importance. With this book I experienced Nazi Germany through the eyes of Hans Schwarz: the unjustified hatred of Jews, the bullying of classmates and the professors themselves.
But Hans Schwarz, before the rise of the Nazis, loved his town, his land, and with his eyes I saw above all the flow of the Neckar and the Rhine, the dawn on the snowy hills, I smelled the smells of the apple trees and cherry, and the most beautiful of Württemberg. The main theme of the novel is the deep friendship between Hans and Konradin, a tender, moving friendship, nothing more pure; this because the author wants to communicate a simple and concise concept: the friendship that crosses all borders and limitations, which lasts beyond time and space.
Another fundamental theme addressed by Uhlman is the period of World War II which is the backdrop to the events of the protagonists to understand the forced separation of the two friends and the climate that reigned in Nazi Germany.
I recommend it to everybody❤️

I finished reading A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (by Holly Jackson) a few days ago, but I forgot to post about it till now. I never imagined myself to like the thriller / murder mystery genres, but I really enjoyed the book. I'm also kinda surprised that it didn't take me very long to read either (less than 24 hours), especially considering that it's almost 400 pages long and has a lot of details.

I just finished reading a million kisses in your lifetime and boy when i say that book was spicy. I was not expecting it at all as it was the first book i had read by the author but i really enjoyed it. i feel as if the characters has a lack of chemistry at some parts and all they wanted from eachother was the intercourse but the ending was really sweet and it was overall an alright book

3/5

The last book I finished was I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy. It was really good but there was a lot of disturbing stuff in it. It definitely fuelled my anger that we let children act in Hollywood as a career and become famous at an age when they can't possibly understand that they're signing up to grow up in the public eye and be sexualised at very young ages.

I have finished Accomplisments of the Duke's Daughter Light Novel vol.1-5 - the main story
I have read the manga and webnovel before and I have wanted to read light novel, bits by bits I was able to buy them and read them as I got along.
The main concept is reincarnation villainess but happens in the aftermath, the main character is governing her family territory in position of an acting governor, circles around governing and politics as well economy, the romance is slow-burn and takes a backseat.

and Usotoki Rhetoric manga/graphic novel Volume 1
The premise is about a girl named Kanoko who has a special ability to "hear lies" and meets a lazy and very perceptive detective called Soma and together they solve mysteries and cases, the highlights for me is the very funny and wholesome dynamic between these two characters and looking in depth about Kanoko's ability and nature of lying.
I have read this before it got licensed so I was pretty happy that it got licensed, the romance is very very very slow burn, the 2nd volume is already out, I might get it next month.

61kFQ-bG2TL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, I was not familiar with any norse mythology before this so it was interesting to read especially since it was more modern interpretation some of the stories

Back