• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What’s the last book you finished?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Bells
Switch
1778-2704-5495
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
This thread is meant for any books you recently finished!

Personally I just finished reading “The Book of Form and Emptiness” by Ruth Ozeki. It wasn’t her best book, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I have finished quite a few books recently and I’m really pleased about it. My reading has been falling short.

I finished the book “One last stop”, an lgbtq romance (can’t remember the author rn sorry). Afterwards I finally read “the hobbit”, I had been meaning to read it for many years. Now I’m on “the lord of the rings”, because I had only seen the movies and liked the hobbit so much! Currently I’m on the last book (the return of the king). Afterwards I’d like to read “the song of Achilles” 😊

I missed reading- and I’m so glad one of my college courses “forced” me back into it (we had to pick one book to read over the semester)

The last book I finished was IT by Step King. It was quite a big book but the taste was just awful. I'm surprised I finished eating it so quickly.

I have finished quite a few books recently and I’m really pleased about it. My reading has been falling short.

I finished the book “One last stop”, an lgbtq romance (can’t remember the author rn sorry). Afterwards I finally read “the hobbit”, I had been meaning to read it for many years. Now I’m on “the lord of the rings”, because I had only seen the movies and liked the hobbit so much! Currently I’m on the last book (the return of the king). Afterwards I’d like to read “the song of Achilles” 😊

I missed reading- and I’m so glad one of my college courses “forced” me back into it (we had to pick one book to read over the semester)

Ahhh!!! I'm reading One Last Stop right now 🥰💕💕 I'll have to PM you once I'm finished so we can chat about it. I'm only on chapter two but I'm excited to read it 🥰

The last book I finished was Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. It was a really moving piece of abolitionist literature that was published before the American Civil War.

Alive by Scott Sigler, the first book to the Generations Trilogy.

I finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. The main plot was engaging, but there were a lot of unnecessary filler scenes. That might partially be because I read the 745 unabridged version though.

last finished reading red, white and royal blue

i gifted it to a friend as a secret santa thing and i'm too lazy to look up the author. but it was good! i maybe skipped a bit though oops-

The last book I read was "Reality and Other Stories" by John Lanchester. A short story collection mainly focusing on the effects of technology and alienating. As to how it was... perhaps it's telling that I can only remember a single story out of the entire collection.

I haven't been reading as much as I want to, and I'm changing that now. Currently starting on "The Other Black Girl" by Zakiya Dalila Harris — thriller and social commentary about race and the workplace. I am HYPED.

I just finished the Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett. I've never read the Discworld series so this was my first foray into that world. It was really fun, the characters are memorable, and the humor is just my style. I will be reading more.

I finished “Felix Ever After” by Kacen Callender. The book got really heavy at times, but I liked how three dimensional the characters were.

I just finished "Strange Weather in Tokyo" (translated from Japanese).

The knowledge that I could return to this book and escape from reality is what kept me sane over the past week.

A woman in her thirties runs into a teacher from her childhood. They form a friendship of sorts based around running into each other at a local bar. Things progress from there. A stunning exploration of loneliness, loss, and that sneaking, unshakable, tangling vine called love. I'll probably have something more intelligent to say later. I loved it.

The last book I finished was "Red Phoenix" by Larry Bond. It's a war novel from the 80s that takes place in a hypothetical second Korean War, told from multiple perspectives in incredible detail. Despite its length I've read the book from start to finish many times now and it's one of my favorites, if not my favorite overall.

I finished, Not your Idol: Volume 2, a manga that was really... Interesting to say the least.

Im curious, as to see where it goes.

The last book I recently read all the way was Warriors: The Darkest Hour. I think it was a pretty great book to an amazing series that I love alot :>

Well this is going to sound sad, but I recently finished read a book titled " It's Okay Not to Be Okay: Moving Forward One Day at a Time by Sheila Walsh" and it helped me get through a rough time.

I recently finished Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch and Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed! Definitely would recommend them :D

The last book I finished was Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa, it was good, I'm about to start the next book in the series

Shades of Fortune by Stephen Birmingham.

It was kind of bad, but I enjoyed it???

Back