Have you ever had a book, game, movie, show or something else spoiled?

Have you ever had a book, game, movie, show or something else spoiled?

• Yes. It happens all the time

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Yes. It has happened a few times.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No. It never has happened.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A few times, I think, but I won't forget this one in particular.

I remember when the first Sumikko Gurashi movie was released in Japan. I was into Sumikko Gurashi at the time, so I was irritated that I didn't get to see it. A few weeks later I got impatient and ended up reading this post on Reddit which described the plot in detail. This kind of ruined the movie for me because I heard it was sad and caused some people watching to cry, and when I finally watched the movie (having gotten my hands on it through secret means), I didn't cry. It was still great though.

the most recent example of this was i spoiled myself on the ending of persona 3--because i mean the original game is like over 10 years old at this point so it's all over the internet and i figured i would never play the game anyways. i actually looked up the plot of the game prior to knowing that they were going to make a remake of it. i had read up on plot just cause i was curious and heard people say that the story was really good. the thing was, even though i knew the plot and i knew the ending, it still hit me just as hard. i actually didn't even see it coming either?? as weird as that sounds. like i didn't realize the ending was coming until it came and then i cried like a baby through out the whole thing :'D

i guess what i'm saying is that nothing beats experiencing the game or show urself! maybe it's just me but i get really engrossed into things so even if i get spoiled, it doesn't take away my enjoyment of the story. i still wouldn't want to be spoiled, but seeing how a story unfolds for urself is different from just hearing/reading it from others so it's not always the end of the world if u get spoiled imo.
Was going to say Persona 3 since I was spoiled on the ending too. I heard from YouTube comments (including many other spoilers)

Every time a new Pokemon generation is about to be released the Pokemon roster gets leaked and I get spoiled on some of them through YouTube or Discord. No matter how hard I try to avoid the spoilers it always happens.

I forgot to mention some other things I got spoiled in. The game I play, One Piece Treasure Cruise is up to date with the anime. I’m still not caught up, so needless to say, there are going to be spoilers. It’s not a big deal atm. I’m just avoiding reading the unit story (background information on the character or scene that that particular unit is from).

I got a bit of FFXII spoiled on a gacha game’s sub-reddit page what happens to a character. I got downvotes for saying something but someone else saying the same thing didn’t. I know the game has been out for a long time but when someone says i’m still playing the game, to me it is common courtesy to avoid making comments like RIP ____. Or at least that is what I think.

I think a little of FMA (not brotherhood but the first anime series) was spoiled. I forgot what spoiled it but it was about a favorite character of mine. When it came to that scene, I felt it lost some of the impact even though I still enjoyed the anime.

I knew about the Tartarus incident in Mark of Athena before even starting the series, as well as Jason's fate in The Burning Maze and several other major plot points. Can't go a dam day in the Percy Jackson fandom without spoilers...

Heaven forbid you ever missed an episode of Game of Thrones while it was running. That’s ALL my workplace would be talking about the next day. One of the worst series for spoilers too.

I spoil stuff for myself a lot at this point haha. When I’m watching a stressful show or movie I kind of prefer to know what happens because otherwise sometimes I can’t get through it. I try not to spoil books for myself unless I’m struggling with it and I need to know if it’s worth finishing. I’ve actually saved myself time doing this. The latest thing I spoiled for myself was a book I can’t even remember the name of but I was really not liking it and I looked up reviews and they were all saying what I was thinking and that the ending sucked so I knew there was no need to waste my time continuing.

i have certain keywords muted on twitter so that i can avoid certain fandoms but some tweets manage to slip past that 😭😭 mostly because some people will post a screenshot with no text so it can’t be muted…
the most common are new manga chapter releases (i’m looking at you jjk and bnha fandom 👀)

Before I could watch Avengers Endgame, I heard people at work tell others that Iron Man (Tony Stark) had died for real in the movie. Surprisingly, I wasn't super bothered by hearing that, but it definitely ruined the surprise for me. Given that the film is the highest grossing of all time, I was expected to be spoiled anyway.

Back